Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Aug 2, 2013 at 12:22 AM Post #2,446 of 5,310
Quote:
Anyone knows how is the queue like for at least the pre-fit service?

or is it the same as the CIEM making queue?

Phil isn't replying. Seems like he is getting busy again.
Don't even know when I should do my impressions as its best that I drop him a photo of it right?

Anyway, do you people do your impressions first, then make the purchase online or the other way round?

What do you mean by "you people" 
angry_face.gif

...J/K 
biggrin.gif

Phil will probably get back to you in a few days or less. Based on his Facebook post, "we are confident to have caught up with our production by the end of the week at which point we will be at 2-3 week build times.," I'm hoping that gives you some kind of time-frame. Probably takes less than that to made the pre-fit molds. 

If you go to the website here: http://www.cosmicears.com/how-to-buy/
It walks you through the step by step process. 

Aug 2, 2013 at 12:26 AM Post #2,447 of 5,310
Quote:

What do you mean by "you people" 
angry_face.gif

...J/K 
biggrin.gif

Phil will probably get back to you in a few days or less. Based on his Facebook post, "we are confident to have caught up with our production by the end of the week at which point we will be at 2-3 week build times.," I'm hoping that gives you some kind of time-frame. Probably takes less than that to made the pre-fit molds. 

If you go to the website here: http://www.cosmicears.com/how-to-buy/
It walks you through the step by step process. 

Sorry if I sounded rude. I am used to using that for my friends. :p
Really didn't mean it.

And thanks for the info.

And do you know anything about the Waiting List Notifications?

Aug 2, 2013 at 12:36 AM Post #2,448 of 5,310
Quote:
Sorry if I sounded rude. I am used to using that for my friends. :p
Really didn't mean it.

And thanks for the info.

And do you know anything about the Waiting List Notifications?

I was just kidding man. It's a cliche joke. 

Sorry, don't know anything about the waiting list notifications. 

Aug 2, 2013 at 12:54 AM Post #2,450 of 5,310
Quote:
Kamakahah have you or do you own any CE Ciems yet? Just out of curiousity.

I do not.
Been really curious about Ciems, and finally they are at the top of my list with the necessary funds in the bank. 
Cosmic ears appears to be what I want. Bang for your buck, I don't see anything better. I've put quite a bit of time into looking at their products and their webpage -- That's all. My only real gripe is I wish there were more reviews. 

Without a doubt i'll end up making multiple cables for whatever pair I choose to buy. It's just as much a hobby for me as the actual music. 
Done a number of recables on different pairs of IEMs. You quickly learn what you do and don't like when you start making them yourself. To me, making a cable for a CIEM is that much easier since I don't have to desolder/solder to drivers or deal with getting around different housings. 

Aug 2, 2013 at 1:01 AM Post #2,451 of 5,310
That sounds like a techie thing I'd enjoy doing. What are benefits of making custom cables for iems and reason i was asking if you had experience with ciems before is much like xy above was wondering but in a different sort of tangent I'm wondering if with the pre-fit service I can purchase it ahead of time separate from the ciem I am getting or if the service cones bundled into a whole package deal if you get my drift. Mainly curious for budgeting purposes.

Aug 2, 2013 at 1:14 AM Post #2,452 of 5,310
It can be a separate or bundled deal. If you buy it bundled, there is a discount. That information can also be found on the CE website. They really lay it all out there.

I recabled when I liked them but hated their cables. Some were prone to tangle, or in my case sought to end my life by strangulation.
Microphonics, flexibility, feel, weight. All are factors of cables. Not to mention sound of different conductor materials, if you believe in that.
My benefit was getting the qualities that I wanted at a reasonable price.

Stoked to order some CE. I'm holding back for some reviews on the HY3, BA4F and hopefully BA3 for a few more weeks to help me solidify the choice.

Aug 2, 2013 at 1:52 AM Post #2,453 of 5,310
It can be a separate or bundled deal. If you buy it bundled, there is a discount. That information can also be found on the CE website. They really lay it all out there.

I recabled when I liked them but hated their cables. Some were prone to tangle, or in my case sought to end my life by strangulation.
Microphonics, flexibility, feel, weight. All are factors of cables. Not to mention sound of different conductor materials, if you believe in that.
My benefit was getting the qualities that I wanted at a reasonable price.

Stoked to order some CE. I'm holding back for some reviews on the HY3, BA4F and hopefully BA3 for a few more weeks to help me solidify the choice.

Sound like a solid ground to stand on as it won't be long now before they are finally being reviewed by more. I like multiple opinions but honestly I got mine picked out just want to get the micro details out the way now.

Aug 2, 2013 at 5:29 AM Post #2,454 of 5,310
Thanks! 

I wouldn't mind building some cheap custom cables for the community.
What would be really cool, would be some sort of an on-off switch. When you're listening to music, and need to quickly be able to turn off the music, and show your ticket to the train conductor, or talk to a coworker or something. A simple switch between the ground cable would do I think, I would just need to find a tiny enough switch for it.

Brilliant idea!
I too suffer this frustration while dealing with short conversations.
I've often wondered if the ciems that can be ordered with an ambient microphone could be used in a similar way.
This could make these 'interruptions' even easier to deal with, but would of course add even more to cost and complexity.

Aug 2, 2013 at 8:16 AM Post #2,456 of 5,310
Quote:
I'll be on the lookout for a suitable switch. Adding something in-line does make for added complications and another piece between you and your music, but certainly a good idea.

If I find one I'll make a test cable and give it a trial run.

Quote:
Sounds pricey bud but if you need some financial help I'd help out with as much as I can. Just send me a message

Thanks guys ^_^ 

Aug 2, 2013 at 9:14 AM Post #2,458 of 5,310
I'm also on the hunt for my first ciem, and I'm considering ba4, but I'm not sure if I should have a 4r or 4f.from what I read, mostly from project86, 4r would be a better choice if I've got a decent amp and looking for a neutral sound, but I just still can't make up my mind. 
I am fond of my er4p for it's accurate but not boring and lifeless sound and also deeply in love with ex1000 for it's accuracy and open can like feel and performance .I've also got a recabled momentum that I like for the senn house sound. 

Ampwise,I've just got a crappy RSA xp7 clone and a matrix m-stage w/dac, sourcing from a rockboxed fuze, an ipc 160gb and my pc (USB cable used is supra USB 2.0).

basically wjat im looking for is a 4p without microphonics and better comfort and an ex1000 with better isolation, for this, will the 4f or 4r suits me better? 

Sorry for have this long question or the question have already been asked  …

Thanks in advance 

Aug 2, 2013 at 10:26 AM Post #2,459 of 5,310
My main source is an iPhone so just a normal remote/mic would be more than sufficient to pause the music temporarily (see this thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/476016/iphone-cable-with-mic-for-ue-or-jh-iems). However, given the level of isolation in CIEMs you still might not be able to have a conversation with someone without removing them from your ears.

Aug 2, 2013 at 10:59 AM Post #2,460 of 5,310
My main source is an iPhone so just a normal remote/mic would be more than sufficient to pause the music temporarily (see this thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/476016/iphone-cable-with-mic-for-ue-or-jh-iems). However, given the level of isolation in CIEMs you still might not be able to have a conversation with someone without removing them from your ears.

Very true I've faced this problem with universals already many times where I'll pause my music and still be saying "WHAT. Wait hold on" and out comes a headphone :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back