Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Aug 1, 2013 at 10:37 AM Post #2,431 of 5,310
Quote:
Oh..

I remember you say that BA2 is less clear in highs and mids versus BA4F. 

But how about the bass?
And do you have more specific details you can share, like how punchy is the bass and others?

Really sorry for the pile of questions.

Yes, BA2 is definitely less than BA4 (either model) in terms of clarity. But it's still plenty clear when taken on its own. Bass is punchy and clean, extends pretty deep though not as deep as BA4, and with less texture to it. Overall I think BA2 is more of a "listener" headphone rather than an "analyzer" headphone if that makes sense. It's musical but still fairly accurate, smooth but still fairly detailed..... hopefully that makes it clear. 

Aug 1, 2013 at 2:57 PM Post #2,435 of 5,310
Quote:
Thanks a lot. Your comments and advices have been really helpful.

I think I will be going for the BA2 then.

Will get a better one when my cashflow is higher and after I have acquired a better amp.

Anyway, for just driving the power to a ciem, would fiio e6 or e11 suffice?

You can always start with the E6, it's a very nice, but cheap amp! I'll have the BA4f at the end of this month, then I can test it with the sansa+E6.

Aug 1, 2013 at 6:45 PM Post #2,436 of 5,310
Quote:
You can always start with the E6, it's a very nice, but cheap amp! I'll have the BA4f at the end of this month, then I can test it with the sansa+E6.

Please do give your comments on the overall experience. :D

Side-tracking, the cosmic ears form. Is it a must that the audiologist section be signed?

Cos there is a shop called Null-audio in Singapore that does ear impressions but they can't sign as an audiologist..
I believe some of you might know it. So would that be allowed in cosmic ears?

Aug 1, 2013 at 8:50 PM Post #2,437 of 5,310
Quote:
Is there anyway to buy these westone connectors?

I would really like to build my own custom cable, what kind of traits do you look for in a good iem cable?

This guy sells them: http://myworld.ebay.com/tygamehk09/

Quote:

Side-tracking, the cosmic ears form. Is it a must that the audiologist section be signed?

Cos there is a shop called Null-audio in Singapore that does ear impressions but they can't sign as an audiologist..

As far as I remember my form wasn't signed when I sent my impressions to Phil. I don't think it will be a problem. It's probably more of a way to make the audiologist liable if they screw up.

Aug 1, 2013 at 9:12 PM Post #2,438 of 5,310
Does anyone know if the Schiit Vahalla desktop tube amp be too powerful for the HY3s? I'm curious for the 16ohms the HY3s I'm getting will have what would be great suggestions for both portable amps and desktop as in the future will be investing in both? Any advice will be appreciated.

Aug 1, 2013 at 9:27 PM Post #2,439 of 5,310
Quote:

I will!

And I also don't think it's absolutely necessary that the form is signed. Any good audiologist will be fine :wink:

Aug 1, 2013 at 10:07 PM Post #2,440 of 5,310
Quote:
This guy sells them: http://myworld.ebay.com/tygamehk09/

As far as I remember my form wasn't signed when I sent my impressions to Phil. I don't think it will be a problem. It's probably more of a way to make the audiologist liable if they screw up.

Thanks! 

I wouldn't mind building some cheap custom cables for the community.
What would be really cool, would be some sort of an on-off switch. When you're listening to music, and need to quickly be able to turn off the music, and show your ticket to the train conductor, or talk to a coworker or something. A simple switch between the ground cable would do I think, I would just need to find a tiny enough switch for it.

Aug 1, 2013 at 10:24 PM Post #2,441 of 5,310
Thanks! 

I wouldn't mind building some cheap custom cables for the community.
What would be really cool, would be some sort of an on-off switch. When you're listening to music, and need to quickly be able to turn off the music, and show your ticket to the train conductor, or talk to a coworker or something. A simple switch between the ground cable would do I think, I would just need to find a tiny enough switch for it.

If you really ever do manage to create a custom cable that can do that you have a buyer in me already. Personally I hate it when I'm zoned into my music and someone is like waving their hands in front of me to get my attention and I have to go through the process of pulling my player out unlocking it and then stopping it only to then unpause it like a minute later. I would find great functionality to a cable of this design.

Aug 1, 2013 at 10:37 PM Post #2,442 of 5,310
Quote:
If you really ever do manage to create a custom cable that can do that you have a buyer in me already. Personally I hate it when I'm zoned into my music and someone is like waving their hands in front of me to get my attention and I have to go through the process of pulling my player out unlocking it and then stopping it only to then unpause it like a minute later. I would find great functionality to a cable of this design.

Exactly! With custom IEMs it's not that easy to remove it from your ear. In my case I might break some cartilage if I have to yank out the piece.
I have some time on my hands so I'll do some research, and make some prototypes this summer. All I need is a place to buy the cables, and a switch! For the mini jack plug I'll use my favorite: the neutrik mini jack right angle plug metallic colour. All in all, the cable shouldn't cost more than €25-€30 on parts (considering I have to pay shipping fees for each part, can't seem to buy the parts in bulk).

Aug 1, 2013 at 11:02 PM Post #2,443 of 5,310
Exactly! With custom IEMs it's not that easy to remove it from your ear. In my case I might break some cartilage if I have to yank out the piece.
I have some time on my hands so I'll do some research, and make some prototypes this summer. All I need is a place to buy the cables, and a switch! For the mini jack plug I'll use my favorite: the neutrik mini jack right angle plug metallic colour. All in all, the cable shouldn't cost more than €25-€30 on parts (considering I have to pay shipping fees for each part, can't seem to buy the parts in bulk).

Sounds pricey bud but if you need some financial help I'd help out with as much as I can. Just send me a message

Aug 1, 2013 at 11:10 PM Post #2,444 of 5,310
I'll be on the lookout for a suitable switch. Adding something in-line does make for added complications and another piece between you and your music, but certainly a good idea.

If I find one I'll make a test cable and give it a trial run.

Aug 2, 2013 at 12:10 AM Post #2,445 of 5,310
Anyone knows how is the queue like for at least the pre-fit service?

or is it the same as the CIEM making queue?

Phil isn't replying. Seems like he is getting busy again.
Don't even know when I should do my impressions as its best that I drop him a photo of it right?
Afraid that the impressions might sag while waiting for the reply...

Anyway, do you people do your impressions first, then make the purchase online or the other way round?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back