Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Oct 16, 2012 at 3:45 AM Post #556 of 5,310
They should be getting my ear impressions within the next couple of days so hopefully I'l have mine in the next month.

Oct 16, 2012 at 5:21 AM Post #559 of 5,310
Quote:
I don't know, it was put on the plane this morning, last tracking message. And I will ASAP!

Where's that freakin' plane? 
biggrin.gif

Oct 16, 2012 at 10:24 AM Post #561 of 5,310
Just phoned boots... they want 100Pounds because CE are not partners with boots. Specsaver say they don't do just impression but no one from the hearing department was in today, they will ring me back. Anyone can guide me on where to get cheap impression?

Oct 16, 2012 at 12:12 PM Post #563 of 5,310
Quote:
Wow, the hybrids are so tempting! I originally was waiting to buy a pair of 4.A as an upgrade from my tf10 reshell (Would that be considered as an upgrade?). Anyway, I do enjoy a flat response but I do love good lows and sadly the tf10 doesn't give me much of that and at the price point of the HY3, I am highly considering these as an upgrade. It would be nice to read about the sound signature once they are available. I'm just curious if I can just send in my old impressions that were already used by my previous reshelling.

What you can do is take a photo of your impression and email them to Phil at cosmic ears.  He will get back to you as to whether they are suitable or not.  If he thinks there's a problem (like the ones that I posted earlier in the thread)then he may offer to do them but state there will be no refits due to the state of the impressions.

Best bet is to give them a shout and see what they say.

Did you not have initial fit problems with the reshells from fisher?  If so good chance they could reappear with this.

Oh and for anyone in the uk looking for impressions leightons opticians will do them for around £30 ish for the pair.

Once I've got my impressions done, think I'll be paying for the rush.  I've been at this too long now (trying to get a decent set of customs to fit!)to worry about it.

Cheers

Cheers

Oct 16, 2012 at 3:14 PM Post #565 of 5,310
They've received my impressions which is awesome so now let the building begin, I just hope they have the dual BA's back in stock by now.

Oct 16, 2012 at 3:19 PM Post #566 of 5,310
Hey guys, so saw some comments on the thread regarding the cable for the Cosmics' being like Westone. Does this mean we can use Westone cables that work for say UMX or the Westone customs? Would be cool if the Westone Mic Cable could be used.

http://www.westone.com/music/index.php/products/epic-mics-cable.html

Anyone know if this would work with the Cosmics' with detachable cables?

thanks!

E

Oct 16, 2012 at 3:45 PM Post #567 of 5,310
Quote:
I made an order for the "sport model" on 11/9 they were shipped today. I upgraded them to"twin" so should be pretty cool. Will post impressions and pics when they arrive.

Hi callej, when did you send the impressions to Cosmic Ears?

Oct 16, 2012 at 3:55 PM Post #568 of 5,310
I sent my impressions back the same day I got the kit so think they got it around the 18 Sep. Hang in there your order is gonna come through. Maybe its part related as well, I have a sport model with non premium cable. 

E

Oct 16, 2012 at 4:07 PM Post #569 of 5,310
Quote:
What you can do is take a photo of your impression and email them to Phil at cosmic ears.  He will get back to you as to whether they are suitable or not.  If he thinks there's a problem (like the ones that I posted earlier in the thread)then he may offer to do them but state there will be no refits due to the state of the impressions.

Best bet is to give them a shout and see what they say.

Did you not have initial fit problems with the reshells from fisher?  If so good chance they could reappear with this.

Oh and for anyone in the uk looking for impressions leightons opticians will do them for around £30 ish for the pair.

Once I've got my impressions done, think I'll be paying for the rush.  I've been at this too long now (trying to get a decent set of customs to fit!)to worry about it.

Cheers

Cheers

Thanks for the response. Yeah.. I did have problems with my reshell with fisher, would it be a d*ck move if I went back to my audiologist like 6 months after and complain that the impression she did for me was bad? Lol. I still have the receipt. Also, if I'm not mistaken we can only get purple shell for HY3, right? Or can we do a custom color for additional cost? And it comes with detachable cables by default, right? By the way, did you ever get a good fit on your CIEMs? Or still sending back and fourth?

Oct 16, 2012 at 4:30 PM Post #570 of 5,310
Quote:
Thanks for the response. Yeah.. I did have problems with my reshell with fisher, would it be a d*ck move if I went back to my audiologist like 6 months after and complain that the impression she did for me was bad? Lol. I still have the receipt. Also, if I'm not mistaken we can only get purple shell for HY3, right? Or can we do a custom color for additional cost? And it comes with detachable cables by default, right? By the way, did you ever get a good fit on your CIEMs? Or still sending back and fourth?

Purple only. Detachable top exit cables. They keep the cost down on that model by not offering options. If you want options, then the Flex range is the way to go (at extra cost)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back