Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Oct 16, 2012 at 4:35 PM Post #571 of 5,310
Quote:

Purple only. Detachable top exit cables. They keep the cost down on that model by not offering options. If you want options, then the Flex range is the way to go (at extra cost)

Thanks. Purple is actually perfect because I was thinking of getting purple as my next set. Worked out perfectly! :D

But is it just me or are all the models currently out of stock? Also, is it possible to get 1 dynamic 2 mids and 2 highs if I went for flex? I'm sorry I have to ask all these questions but all I see on their site is out of stock so I can't see what different options there are.

Oct 16, 2012 at 4:37 PM Post #572 of 5,310
Quote:
Thanks for the response. Yeah.. I did have problems with my reshell with fisher, would it be a d*ck move if I went back to my audiologist like 6 months after and complain that the impression she did for me was bad? Lol. I still have the receipt. Also, if I'm not mistaken we can only get purple shell for HY3, right? Or can we do a custom color for additional cost? And it comes with detachable cables by default, right? By the way, did you ever get a good fit on your CIEMs? Or still sending back and fourth?

Gave up and got refund after the fourth attempt.  Then went with Minerva (uk)fit problems with those AND a faulty driver so those have gone back for a refund as well.  Third times the charm.  Phils been more than helpful with a few suggestions so I'm praying this is it.

Oh and regards to audiologist I would get a new set done if the price isn't too bad, but first give Phil a photo of your impressions just to make sure.

Cheers

Oct 16, 2012 at 4:43 PM Post #573 of 5,310
Quote:
Gave up and got refund after the fourth attempt.  Then went with Minerva (uk)fit problems with those AND a faulty driver so those have gone back for a refund as well.  Third times the charm.  Phils been more than helpful with a few suggestions so I'm praying this is it.

Oh and regards to audiologist I would get a new set done if the price isn't too bad, but first give Phil a photo of your impressions just to make sure.

Cheers

Yeah, I likely will get a new set done. I don't mind paying for a new set but certainly would not mind if my audiologist decided to give me one on the house or half price since she messed up my first impression that I paid in pull for. I'm still wondering if it was the fact that she said I did not need to use a bite block. I thought I'd just listen to her and not insist on having a bite block since she works with westone and says she does plenty of impressions all the time.

Oct 16, 2012 at 4:43 PM Post #574 of 5,310

Quote:
I sent my impressions back the same day I got the kit so think they got it around the 18 Sep. Hang in there your order is gonna come through. Maybe its part related as well, I have a sport model with non premium cable. 

E

I believe my order was placed on Sep. 10 and they had my impressions on Spe.17. This morning the status was still shell creation. Anyway, requested a refund although I have waited for 5 weeks.

Oct 16, 2012 at 5:01 PM Post #575 of 5,310
Quote:
Yeah, I likely will get a new set done. I don't mind paying for a new set but certainly would not mind if my audiologist decided to give me one on the house or half price since she messed up my first impression that I paid in pull for. I'm still wondering if it was the fact that she said I did not need to use a bite block. I thought I'd just listen to her and not insist on having a bite block since she works with westone and says she does plenty of impressions all the time.

On the cosmic ears site it states that it's a open mouth with bite block.  You'd better take something in case they don't have any (happened to me once).

Oct 16, 2012 at 5:10 PM Post #576 of 5,310
Quote:
On the cosmic ears site it states that it's a open mouth with bite block.  You'd better take something in case they don't have any (happened to me once).

Actually in the impression kit instruction manual that comes with the kit it is specified that you can do the impression with open mouth or closed depending on the type of fit you are looking fore. Open mouth for tighter fit (musician on stage etc) and closed for casual listening for prolonged periods of time (don't quote me on the exact instructions since I no longer have them). I did min with closed mout, since I have kinda powerful jaws and my ear canals really deform severely when I open my mouth, and I could not be happier with my descission. Fit is outstanding! Enjoying my twin BA flex micros several hour every day now :)

Oct 16, 2012 at 5:17 PM Post #577 of 5,310
Quote:

Actually in the impression kit instruction manual that comes with the kit it is specified that you can do the impression with open mouth or closed depending on the type of fit you are looking fore. Open mouth for tighter fit (musician on stage etc) and closed for casual listening for prolonged periods of time (don't quote me on the exact instructions since I no longer have them). I did min with closed mout, since I have kinda powerful jaws and my ear canals really deform severely when I open my mouth, and I could not be happier with my descission. Fit is outstanding! Enjoying my twin BA flex micros several hour every day now :)

Then I might do better with a closed mouth. I remember my audiologist saying that I didn't need a bite block and to just close my mouth after she finished putting the stuff in my ear and I ended up opening my mouth on my own because I didn't trust her. I guess I should have listened and closed my mouth cause when I open my mouth, I feel the seal break on my CIEMs. Since you have a closed mouth impression, have you ever tried to eat with them on? Does the seal break or do you feel discomfort? I some times eat with ciem on and I can't cause I feel immediate discomfort and seal breaking.

Oct 16, 2012 at 6:06 PM Post #578 of 5,310

How about some pics just to liven the thread up a bit? Also how much were they?

Cheers

Oct 16, 2012 at 6:44 PM Post #579 of 5,310
Quote:
Thanks. Purple is actually perfect because I was thinking of getting purple as my next set. Worked out perfectly! :D

But is it just me or are all the models currently out of stock? Also, is it possible to get 1 dynamic 2 mids and 2 highs if I went for flex? I'm sorry I have to ask all these questions but all I see on their site is out of stock so I can't see what different options there are.

They have an issue with cable supply at the moment, so rather than take orders that they can't currently meet, they are showing out of stock. The cable issue is expected to be resolved very soon.

Don't think they offer the Flex combo you mention there.

Oct 16, 2012 at 6:47 PM Post #580 of 5,310
Quote:

I believe my order was placed on Sep. 10 and they had my impressions on Spe.17. This morning the status was still shell creation. Anyway, requested a refund although I have waited for 5 weeks.

Did you contact them ? They are readily contactable through Skype and responded to me several times yesterday through Skype text, with queries I had.

I also got an email from them today saying they had been having some issues with their system that tells people the status of their orders. They think they have that sorted out now.

Oct 16, 2012 at 10:16 PM Post #581 of 5,310
Quote:

They have an issue with cable supply at the moment, so rather than take orders that they can't currently meet, they are showing out of stock. The cable issue is expected to be resolved very soon.

Don't think they offer the Flex combo you mention there.

Oh, I see. Yeah, I just read the first page and saw all the options available for flex. Thanks!

Oct 17, 2012 at 2:00 AM Post #583 of 5,310
the pure plus is 1 dynamic and 1 ba? or just 1 ba?
which 1 is bass heavier the pure or the pure plus?

As I understand it the pure plus is a choice between dynamic or ba. I'd imagine (though obviously not heard them) that the dynamic would have more if not better bass.

Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back