Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Nov 28, 2012 at 4:09 PM Post #1,021 of 5,310
I guess adding too much options like this might just bring the price up too much.
While on the other hand, everyone probably wants to pay a little extra for an option like this. But every option that will become possible over time adds to the price...

Does Cosmic Ears know of this thread?

I can't wait to get my Pure. I know it's just a pure, but it's more to get to know customs. I seem to have problems while walking with either headphones or iems and I hope this fixes it. And I love soundstage and seperation, something this CIEM seems to have.

Nov 28, 2012 at 5:06 PM Post #1,022 of 5,310
I guess adding too much options like this might just bring the price up too much.
While on the other hand, everyone probably wants to pay a little extra for an option like this. But every option that will become possible over time adds to the price...

Does Cosmic Ears know of this thread?

I can't wait to get my Pure. I know it's just a pure, but it's more to get to know customs. I seem to have problems while walking with either headphones or iems and I hope this fixes it. And I love soundstage and seperation, something this CIEM seems to have.

Cosmic Ears do know about this thread, I believe Phil dips in and out of here periodically to see what's going on, but doesn't post here.

My HY3 is my first CIEM too, and it will be extremely hard to go back to any type of universal now. You forget they are in, and the isolation is just superb, as you might expect. I think you will be very happy when you get yours and will stuggle to go back to universals too :cool:

And you are right about the options. They have economies of scale by making purple shells as their standard colour and limiting the options. The more options you had and the more customised the service becomes, then the more the price has to go up. Mixing one big batch of purple acrylic to fill 20 orders is clearly more cost effective and less time consuming than having to mix 20 different colours etc. etc.

The pics of the purple acrylic being used, don't really do the shells justice. In the flesh, so to speak, it has a sort of pearlescent effect that alters according to the light catching it, and its really nice.

Nov 29, 2012 at 3:56 AM Post #1,024 of 5,310
I would go for the single BA, its very nice! The dynamic is said to not quite compete with the SE215 (project86 said this) so i guess it would fall a tad short of the GR07. It is cheaper though. I think sing or twin BA are good bets, i love my single BA!

Nov 29, 2012 at 4:02 AM Post #1,025 of 5,310
Quote:
I would go for the single BA, its very nice! The dynamic is said to not quite compete with the SE215 (project86 said this) so i guess it would fall a tad short of the GR07. It is cheaper though. I think sing or twin BA are good bets, i love my single BA!

Did you get your twin BA yet? I remember you ordered one.
I'm sort of torn between one of these and a DT1350, trying to decide which I'm likelier to enjoy for my portable rig. I love the size of IEMs, but have never loved the comfort, but then again, I've been using universals.

Nov 29, 2012 at 4:07 AM Post #1,026 of 5,310
I was getting a review unit of one but i think Phil is currently busy sorting things for you guys to get ordering again so i have not yet but will do. I think these are super comfortable and one of the best reasons why these are so great, ask most CIEM owners and you dont have to play around with tips! I personally prefer IEMs more than on ears though!

Nov 29, 2012 at 4:14 AM Post #1,027 of 5,310
Quote:
I was getting a review unit of one but i think Phil is currently busy sorting things for you guys to get ordering again so i have not yet but will do. I think these are super comfortable and one of the best reasons why these are so great, ask most CIEM owners and you dont have to play around with tips! I personally prefer IEMs more than on ears though!

If you don't mind me thread jacking for a few minutes...
What on ears have you heard?
I'm basically in love with my Grado's, it gets a little unhealthy sometimes....
There are few sealed cans that really satisfy, and well, open cans don't travel well.

Will these IEMs scratch the itch?

Nov 29, 2012 at 4:30 AM Post #1,028 of 5,310
Quote:
There are few sealed cans that really satisfy, and well, open cans don't travel well.

I currently have the TMA-1, Momentum ( i like a lot) Fa 005 and R shield. I have had m 80 and hear many time HD 25 and amperior. Have auditioned 1350 but long ago and memory of it is gone. I have tried 325 and ps1000 (maybe another 1000 grado as well).

Going from cans to IEMs is something you either like or not i guess, i prefer IEMs and will go for the single BA over my momentum (completely different sound warm and cold but you get the idea) just because i like everything sealed out and the things in my ears, you maybe different.

Nov 29, 2012 at 4:46 AM Post #1,029 of 5,310
Quote:
Quote:

I currently have the TMA-1, Momentum ( i like a lot) Fa 005 and R shield. I have had m 80 and hear many time HD 25 and amperior. Have auditioned 1350 but long ago and memory of it is gone. I have tried 325 and ps1000 (maybe another 1000 grado as well).

Going from cans to IEMs is something you either like or not i guess, i prefer IEMs and will go for the single BA over my momentum (completely different sound warm and cold but you get the idea) just because i like everything sealed out and the things in my ears, you maybe different.

I used to think I was "different". But, I'd always bought cheap-o in ears and ear buds. The GR04 Flagship, which is now ~$50, and was once ~$100 was my first foray into anything better, and all of a sudden I could get into IEMs. I only have two complaints, the slight grain on the treble, and my left ear is oddly shaped and after about 2 or so hrs, the GR04 can make it a little sore. I also think the mids are a tad recessed on the GR04. I guess with what you're saying, an IEM would probably work for me, and they're so much easier to travel with! I think the DT1350 just looks nice, which tends to get my attention, but never really gets me to pull the trigger.

Well, I guess I need to wait to hear your thoughts about the twin. The twin mini is just really looking awesome, super small and a twin!

Joker just reviewed the R50, looks like (given the reviews/price) that likely uses a similar driver to the CE twin, it's a tiny dual driver...

Nov 29, 2012 at 4:56 AM Post #1,030 of 5,310
Quote:
I used to think I was "different". But, I'd always bought cheap-o in ears and ear buds. The GR04 Flagship, which is now ~$50, and was once ~$100 was my first foray into anything better, and all of a sudden I could get into IEMs. I only have two complaints, the slight grain on the treble, and my left ear is oddly shaped and after about 2 or so hrs, the GR04 can make it a little sore. I also think the mids are a tad recessed on the GR04. I guess with what you're saying, an IEM would probably work for me, and they're so much easier to travel with! I think the DT1350 just looks nice, which tends to get my attention, but never really gets me to pull the trigger.

Well, I guess I need to wait to hear your thoughts about the twin. The twin mini is just really looking awesome, super small and a twin!

Joker just reviewed the R50, looks like (given the reviews/price) that likely uses a similar driver to the CE twin, it's a tiny dual driver...

The GR04 (have reviewed the 06 and 07) had an odd shape that i found okay but could see why it hurt. These will be super comfy as they are perfect for you ear so that so thats no problem.Mids are nice and up front on the single BA and treble smooth. Bass will probably be less that 04 from what i have read in comparison to 06 and 07. I will be honest there is no denying that the 1350 is a fantastic can but i prefer IEMs for portability and use. I think you will be happy with one of these.

I will give Phil an email and see how things are going regarding it.

Yes i have had the r 50, a great IEM. It uses a Knowles TWFK which is a very common driver. Used in many IEMs, the principle is that same as the CE twin, small and a single unit housing two BAs. I do not know what the CE uses but it is not TWFK but the CE one does sound very nice from projects comments and very well tuned. Also Phil told me the twin is like a smoother more detailed version of the single which is just technically better, obviously that will be a rough guide and i would have to hear it to really tell you but i like the sound of it!

Nov 29, 2012 at 5:00 AM Post #1,031 of 5,310
Quote:
Quote:

The GR04 (have reviewed the 06 and 07) had an odd shape that i found okay but could see why it hurt. These will be super comfy as they are perfect for you ear so that so thats no problem.Mids are nice and up front on the single BA and treble smooth. Bass will probably be less that 04 from what i have read in comparison to 06 and 07. I will be honest there is no denying that the 1350 is a fantastic can but i prefer IEMs for portability and use. I think you will be happy with one of these.

I will give Phil an email and see how things are going regarding it.

Yes i have had the r 50, a great IEM. It uses a Knowles TWFK which is a very common driver. Used in many IEMs, the principle is that same as the CE twin, small and a single unit housing two BAs. I do not know what the CE uses but it is not TWFK but the CE one does sound very nice from projects comments and very well tuned. Also Phil told me the twin is like a smoother more detailed version of the single which is just technically better, obviously that will be a rough guide and i would have to hear it to really tell you but i like the sound of it!

That sounds spectacular. The bass is a bit much for me on the 04, but relative to the 02BE and everything else I'd heard, I was extremely happy with it. Which is technically better? The single or the twin BA?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back