CONFIRMATION: JVC HA-FX1000 IS the JVC Victor HP-FX500.
Jun 16, 2009 at 2:55 PM Post #166 of 183
Ok that is merely my opinion
tongue_smile.gif

Perhaps the demo unit in the shop didn't have enough burn-in...Maybe I didn't have a proper fit in my ears...

Yeah I respect the opinions of HONETBOY and shigzeo and thanks for the effort of writing good reviews of the FX500! But I dont think its my cup of tea
frown.gif

Anyway, for those who found love with the FX500, congrats!!!

Jun 16, 2009 at 3:32 PM Post #167 of 183
Quote:

Originally Posted by KLS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok that is merely my opinion
tongue_smile.gif

Perhaps the demo unit in the shop didn't have enough burn-in...Maybe I didn't have a proper fit in my ears...

Yeah I respect the opinions of HONETBOY and shigzeo and thanks for the effort of writing good reviews of the FX500! But I dont think its my cup of tea
frown.gif

Anyway, for those who found love with the FX500, congrats!!!

Hey KLS I can easily see why they won't be everyone's cup of tea
ksc75smile.gif

There's still some things about them that I would've liked, like more forward vocals. For me every phone has their purpose. Heck even Ibuds! When I want to know how good my phones are I just do a little comparison to an Ibud! One has to make so many compromises with the earphones they choose that am thinking they're all complementary rather than one having to be bashed at the expense of the other.

Jun 17, 2009 at 12:13 AM Post #168 of 183
Got the IE8s today... it's funny they do actually sound better the second time around. I think the first time I had them, I was expecting too much from them. After selling them, I tried Westone 3, UM3X, Triple.Fi. I kept the UM3X.

Hearing them now, I prefer their warmness over the FX500. The sub-bass is very, very similar, though the FX500 seems to extend slightly deeper. The FX500 have less mid-bass impact, and I think that's why I was thinking they had less bass overall. I usually don't like 'punchy' mid-bass, but I think the IE8 mid-bass is more warm than it is punchy.

As far as the mids and highs go, I prefer the more laid back mids/highs with the IE8s. The FX500 have upfront upper mids and highs that extend far and have vast clarity. They're not sibilant, but my ears are sensitive to highs, so they remain just a bit too trebly for me. It's the same reason why I prefer the UM3X over the W3, and why I sold the Triple.Fis.

Overall, the FX500 offer exceptional bass, a very dynamic and full soundstage (nice and wide, surround), clarity and transparency. There is a subtle sound from the wood materials that's very nice to hear, very reminiscent of speakers.

Between the two, I've chosen to hang onto the IE8s. So I'll keep trying to sell the FX500.

Jun 17, 2009 at 1:13 AM Post #169 of 183
Hi,if these sounded the same when they were new,they certainly would be carp,flabby boomy bass etc.Luckily they don't(fair few hours playing to themselves),& are like a different beast.They can do bass thou,not really into all out bass lead music,can cope with these thou,at least its controlled.If there's a fair bit on a disc etc thou,you certainly hear it
jecklinsmile.gif

'Bit more Forward vocals',i think,lead centre stage vocals on some music,could be more up front ie as if lead singer was a bit more in front of the band,& singing just a few feet from your face,say for example,right & left guitars more in the background.If you turn volume up,that does help(centre gets more proportionally louder),but can get a bit loud.Maybe it seems so,because there's so much detail etc in the far right & left of soundstage(certainly not lacking there IMO).Does make it more flat across left,middle,right.
Saying that,just listening to Alison Moyet & she sounds forward enough,fair bit of drum wacking on some tracks thou.
Have to put Mind,Body & Soul by Joss Stone,that as some really Low Bass on it,especially when listened through a decent'ish Subwoofer(did try without a Sub at the time & you don't hear the really low stuff).Was reading about it,in a thread on some HiFi forum,were a few were checking Frequency Spectrum's of CD's,certainly didn't seem to go as low as on DVD stuff,if i remember rightly.
Katie Melua,sounding OK,forward wise.

Cheers BOB

ps can't comment on other IEM's etc,havn't heard any of them
darthsmile.gif
,so could be well better
darthsmile.gif
,at least depending on what is being listened to.

Jun 17, 2009 at 2:28 PM Post #171 of 183
Quote:

Originally Posted by james444 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Try the IE8 with the Icon mobile - significant improvement of bass quality IMO.

I'll do that! I still have to finish my review of the icon mobile, so why not try that combo again? cheers.

Jun 17, 2009 at 5:35 PM Post #172 of 183
Hi,just tried the small foamies(could do with being a little bit bigger)again & bass seems a bit more subdued,sound as changed a bit as well.New to portable,have to try & obtain a few more tips etc.

Cheers BOB

ps seem to improve after you have played a few songs,bass gets a bit less & more controlled,vocals come out a bit more ie when you havn't used for a while etc,better after a bit of warm up i find.
Not really tested for extended periods thou,hour or two at most.

Jun 19, 2009 at 10:42 PM Post #173 of 183
I'd just like to jump in and say these were the first set of phones over £50 I've bought and love them! I actually bought them purely down to looks, the mix of the dark wood and bright aluminium (yes aluminIUm - I'm English... but don't hold it against me
wink.gif
) is just ridiculously sexy.

I love the sound from them, seems much warmer, but in a clear and non-muffled way. I've not heard any phones with wooden speakers before, has anyone else heard other wooden units before and what's their verdict?

I'm now unfortunatley selling mine on ebay in the UK as I've just split up with the missus and moving out next month so really need the money... but I have to say I loved these units. They cost me about £170 when I got them shipped over from japan, but £250 in the UK seems incredibly high priced!

Jun 20, 2009 at 4:50 PM Post #175 of 183
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomy3555 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
250 GBP is outragious!!! I paid 170.00 USD (112.00 GBP) shipped from Japan @ Bluetin.

Bluetin charges that much?

$136.37 USD from Seyo-shop for North American and Oceanian customers.
$139.37 USD for European customers (100 Euro!! 84 Pounds!!!!)

Difference is the shipping. The shipping is EMS = fast.

SEYO-shop.com*»*Headphones*»*JVC-Victor*»*JVC-Victor HP-FX500

Insane deal, particularly for the European based customers.
I have very good faith in Seyo-shop being legit and reliable too as I have a number of peeps who have bought from them no probs.
Townyj has bought from them too. Seyo-shop are known for their downright awesome prices for JVC/Victor products. Other stuff = meh pricing tbh.

Jun 20, 2009 at 9:46 PM Post #176 of 183
Hi,that price is excellent.I bought from Bluetin £101.84(paid a bit extra for quick delivery,EMS,posted Monday got Wednesday .Don't work/post weekend thou).
Think i had a look a Seyo site,but wasn't sure how shipped,marked as Gift etc etc(lots more info on Bluetin site).Nice to know how Seyo do it thou.
Guy at Bluetin was excellent thou,marked as Gift,below £36,posted as from a individual,Japanese Fred Bloggs maybe
dt880smile.png
etc,how to track,Japan,(did work out it was ParcelForce in UK & tracking worked for them as well).Communications were excellent & pleasant.So Happy enough.
With Customs,if tracking says arrived UK,then out on a Van etc,you know your OK
dt880smile.png
,held up otherwise.If you got stopped with Seyo prices,be nothing thou.

Cheers BOB

ps did notice price goes up & down with exchange rate.

Nov 21, 2009 at 4:24 AM Post #178 of 183
Found love with the FX500, the iPod 80GB Gen. 5.5, RSA Low Profile LOD and RSA Shadow.
First combo to (at least temorarily) satiate my upgraditis. Am trying the Denon C710 and so far real, real nice but for 50 more clams the FX500 seems slightly better.

Dec 2, 2009 at 11:47 AM Post #179 of 183
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i would have rated the fx500 a bit higher had the cable been of normal length. as it is, it is short by about 20cm. i still think in the price range, they are probably top of the balance scale, but for overall build and having a true ace up the sleeve, the atrio remain my favs.

i have a hard time deciding between the fx500 and the turbine. the fx500 have an extra bit of speed that shows them well and the better soundstage. like i have said, i have never heard the ie8.

deal?

how did the c710 and the cks70 compare to the fx 500, ive never really given mosnster a chance cu of fit issues i read.

- i preferred the atrio to the way too bright c710 but found the c710 mids warmer and i liked the triplefi to the atrio

Tally Ho!

Jun 15, 2011 at 1:28 PM Post #180 of 183

Quote:
You must like treble! I find even with the foams the high end is too much.

How would you compare the treble of the FX500 (1000) with the westone 3's treble ?.

rolleyes.gif
whoops just noticed the postings date ! most have probably moved on from the FX500 wanting a change?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back