Closed vs open headphones
Oct 2, 2008 at 7:55 AM Post #46 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1Time /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just wish you guys would quit using that popcorn eating emoticon. You're making me hungry.

Enough for you?
biggrin.gif

popcorn.jpg

Oct 2, 2008 at 8:12 AM Post #48 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1Time /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lost my appetite with that one. Thanks

Hehe, yeah. Not very delicious, I agree
biggrin.gif

Oct 2, 2008 at 9:05 AM Post #49 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nocturnal310 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Take for example HD280 v/s HD555 ... both sound damn good.. HD280 are awesome for monitoring at a home studio ... BUT which one would u prefer for listening to music ? definitely HD280 is the conditions are ideal..such as silent room & enough burn in.

the Closed in sub $100 category suffer from Bass emphasis , Resonance issues & Lack of real Soundstage... not to mention your Ears will Sweat before u can even understand them.

u compare A700 to AD700 for example ... A700 is a closed Audio technica whereas AD700 is open... u just try listening to both.

Open will certainly sound more natural even if Sound Quality is slightly inferior.

My denon d1001k sound leaps and bounds better than the hd555. They're closed. They don't lack bass emphasis and have decent sound stage. They don't make my ears sweat. A700's don't make my ears sweat either, nor do i find them lacking bass.

I'd like to request you stop posting opinions in a manner that makes them seem fact. Every post i've read of yours is like this, or just some other incorrect statement. I swear you cut up pieces of paper with audio terms, toss them around in a box, then pick them out blindly to form your statements.

Oct 2, 2008 at 10:22 AM Post #50 of 64
^ Whoa. You made Ub3rMario angry.

Back on track: Sadly, open cans are impractical for me. It does seem that open headphones generally trump closed ones in SQ, though. At my price point anyway. I mean...KSC75, PX100 v. PX200, AKG K26P; Grado SR60 v. ?. The Denons are a godsent, though. And they're not very closed, even.

Oct 2, 2008 at 11:02 AM Post #51 of 64
Quote:

I'd like to request you stop posting opinions in a manner that makes them seem fact.

In the same post earlier:
Quote:

My denon d1001k sound leaps and bounds better than the hd555.

Great Ub3rMario, great. Keep on the great work!

Oct 2, 2008 at 11:15 AM Post #52 of 64
But then again, is the d1k really better than the 555s? All a matter of personal taste here guys. Now technically speaking, Is the d1k a more sophisticated headphone than the 555 is the question.

Oct 2, 2008 at 3:42 PM Post #53 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by donunus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Besides the bold comments on this thread, what has nocturnal done in the past to make you guys ridicule him? Any Links?
popcorn.gif

When meager knowledge, expert-masquerading, and intense posting frequency are put together, you have a deadly combination of Nocturnal310.
biggrin.gif

It's one thing to utter an statement that is, well, lacking in truth.
biggrin.gif
But it is infinitely more annoying when he does it over and over again and remain unrepentant and habitual. An idiot is annoying. A loud mouthed person is annoying. A loud mouthed idiot is what audiophile calls synergy.
biggrin.gif

There isn't one thread that would paint the full picture. To fully appreciate him, you'd need to look at his trend.
biggrin.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/search...archid=5813131

But somehow, I kinda like this thread.
biggrin.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f46/ho...r-20-a-330863/

Typically he'd found out a thing or two on a topic and talk voluminously or promote intensely as if he is an expert. The K1000 vs R10 mentioned in this thread is an example. Only a few days ago it appeared that he didn't know that those phones existed. Now he claimed that K1000 is better than R10, Of course he has neither heard nor even seen one in person.

If he saw or heard something new, be sure that he'd start start a few threads peddling his new discovery, that is not really new.
biggrin.gif

Oct 2, 2008 at 5:09 PM Post #54 of 64
@Navyblue
Damn
you are stealing my time !!!!
angry_face.gif

Oct 2, 2008 at 5:37 PM Post #56 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by Navyblue /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When meager knowledge, expert-masquerading, and intense posting frequency are put together, you have a deadly combination of Nocturnal310.
biggrin.gif

It's one thing to utter an statement that is, well, lacking in truth.
biggrin.gif
But it is infinitely more annoying when he does it over and over again and remain unrepentant and habitual. An idiot is annoying. A loud mouthed person is annoying. A loud mouthed idiot is what audiophile calls synergy.
biggrin.gif

There isn't one thread that would paint the full picture. To fully appreciate him, you'd need to look at his trend.
biggrin.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/search...archid=5813131

But somehow, I kinda like this thread.
biggrin.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f46/ho...r-20-a-330863/

Typically he'd found out a thing or two on a topic and talk voluminously or promote intensely as if he is an expert. The K1000 vs R10 mentioned in this thread is an example. Only a few days ago it appeared that he didn't know that those phones existed. Now he claimed that K1000 is better than R10, Of course he has neither heard nor even seen one in person.

If he saw or heard something new, be sure that he'd start start a few threads peddling his new discovery, that is not really new.
biggrin.gif

Straight to the point answer!
....which hopefully answers 'donunus' question ...
wink.gif

Oct 2, 2008 at 5:40 PM Post #57 of 64
It almost like he's trying to troll you guys... hmmm...

Oct 2, 2008 at 5:53 PM Post #58 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by Navyblue /img/forum/go_quote.gif
An idiot is annoying. A loud mouthed person is annoying. A loud mouthed idiot is what audiophile calls synergy.
biggrin.gif

eek.gif
OMG! That is friggin' hilarious, and spot on...NB, you made my day! Directed at anyone in particular or not, that statement just reeks of awesome.

Oct 2, 2008 at 7:42 PM Post #59 of 64
I have not heard a pair of closed headphones in the same price class as my high end open ones. Open vs. closed is irrelevant since the two types usually do the exact opposite of each other. I got the HFI-680 which provides oodles of bass and isolation whereas my AKG K701s gives me a good open sound stage with lots of high end details. The two headphones are not directly comparable because one is much more expensive than the other.

The best and most thorough comparison of closed vs. open is the one by Edwood. His comparison of the R10, CD3K, and the AKG K1000 is a good read plus he explains the differences in a very neat manner.

Oct 2, 2008 at 10:11 PM Post #60 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Straight to the point answer!
....which hopefully answers 'donunus' question ...
wink.gif

got it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back