Clip+ Bricked After Rockbox
Sep 2, 2010 at 9:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

JosephKim

1000+ Head-Fier
A friend of mine has a 4gb clip+ that he somehow bricked. He cant remember what he did lol. I told him Id take a look at it. Any advise or links to how to fix? Thanks.

Sep 2, 2010 at 9:22 PM Post #2 of 9
It will probably wake up after a few days.  Try holding down the power button for like 30 secs.  If not, just wait for the Clip to tell you when its ready to cooperate.

Sep 3, 2010 at 3:18 AM Post #6 of 9
Well, when my Clip started doing that, one day I just pressed the on button and it was fine, needed a charge though.  It used to randomly just drain itself and shut down while off or something.  Be bricked for a few days and then be okay again.  /Shrug.

Sep 4, 2010 at 4:07 PM Post #7 of 9
Anaxilus is right. "Temporary bricking" is an unfortunate occurrence with rockboxed clips. It happens to mine on occasion. I try to turn it on and nothing happens.

To fix it, I typically let go of any buttons for a few seconds. Then I press and hold the power button for a full 30 seconds. Then let go for a few seconds, and press it again. It turns right back on.
Annoying, but it doesn't happen often, and rockbox is still worth having that occasional annoyance.

Sep 4, 2010 at 7:07 PM Post #9 of 9
The bridge doesn't unbrick the player, it allows you to connect it to the computer, according to this page.

Quote:
  1. Bridge them with a piece of wire or something
  2. Connect the player to your PC (preferably running Linux)
  3. Execute "sudo fdisk -l". It should report a drive without partitions, with a size of 979.75MB (approximately, there is some 1000/1024 Bytes rounding
  4. Take away the wire bridging the two pads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back