Clas or fostex ?
Jul 25, 2012 at 9:11 AM Post #16 of 61
I have the Miracle, have not tried the Fostex, but loved the Clas combo with ALO RXII. Nice synergy, if you want even better then RXIII. Even SE still sounded great but to get full benefit of III Balanced.
SE use CLAS + RXII = Miracle Happy

Jul 26, 2012 at 6:32 AM Post #20 of 61
As a UM Miracle user myself, I have to say the Fostex HP-P1 does not really add any coloration to Miracle, if anything it just provides you with a more transparent view between you and your music with an effortless soundstage and presentation, and it has plenty of juice to drive the Miracle, so if your goal is to 'fix' the sound of UM Miracle then the HP-P1 is not for you, you'll be better off getting the CLAS plus any amp that will give the UM Miracle a better kick such as the ALO Rx-mk3 (it gives the bass a great thump and texture).

Jul 26, 2012 at 11:35 PM Post #21 of 61
I have the CLAS and an ALO RX Mk3 as well as a Portaphile 627 amps. Don't ask. :)

I work in NYC and B&H Photo is near where I work. They give you 30 days full return policy. I was curious about the Fostex HP-P1 and if it was better than using any of the combinations that I mentioned above. It is not even close. The The CLAS combo has so much more depth, detail, soundstage, dimension than the Fostex.

I will say that I did not pair up the Fostex with an external amp, but I don't think people are buying the Fostex to be used as a separate DAC to be used with an external amp.
Ken

Jul 27, 2012 at 12:10 AM Post #22 of 61
Jul 27, 2012 at 2:23 AM Post #24 of 61
Well, dont forget your CLAS+ Alo mk3 combo is double the price of HP-P1. Depends on how much you want to spend on it though

Jul 27, 2012 at 3:57 AM Post #26 of 61
Ken, you seem to say, and also I gathered from others, that the fostex is leaner and colder than the clas+ amp.
With my miracles, I think I'm gonna end up with a shrilling sound with not enough bass to my taste if paired with fostex. You convinced me. I'll keep my pico slim, buy the clas, and later sell the pico to get the sr71b. That's the plan. Thx :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back