Clas or fostex ?
Jul 23, 2012 at 6:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 61

John0405

100+ Head-Fier
Hello
I know this question was asked before, but I really would like to have more information on this.
I own a pico slim and um miracles.
What configuration would yield the most noticeable improvement: clas with pico, or fostex hp p1 ?
Also, what kind of sound will I achieve with the fostex paired with miracles?
Thanks in advance for your help.

Jul 23, 2012 at 10:22 AM Post #2 of 61
Hello
I know this question was asked before, but I really would like to have more information on this.
I own a pico slim and um miracles.
What configuration would yield the most noticeable improvement: clas with pico, or fostex hp p1 ?
Also, what kind of sound will I achieve with the fostex paired with miracles?
Thanks in advance for your help.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/567552/fostex-hp-p1-vs-cypher-labs-algorhythm-solo

Jul 23, 2012 at 2:20 PM Post #3 of 61
[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

I already read this post. But my concern is more towards the amp section of the fostex, compared to the pico slim... I heard the amp section of the fostex wasn't that great compared to others contenders...
Thx

Jul 23, 2012 at 6:25 PM Post #5 of 61
To compare the DAC section, HP-P1 simply gives more detail than CLA. Using HP-P1 does not force you to use its internal amp, you can still pair up with other amp of your choice. I would say go for HP-P1

Jul 23, 2012 at 6:29 PM Post #6 of 61
Thanks for the input. The thing is, I probably will sell the pico to finance the hp p1. That's why I was wondering about the amp section of the latter; if it could rival with the pico slim.

Jul 25, 2012 at 2:26 AM Post #12 of 61
I haven't tried the CLAS. But I have been using the Fostex HP-P1 for 3 days in a row listening for about 8 hours each day. I'm sorry to disagree but I'm completed disappointed with the Fostex. Simple put, very harsh and fatiguing. At the beginning I thought the amp section was really bad, but after using only the DAC and outputting the analog signal to my iBasso D10 I still felt the edgy and fatiguing sound. So it didn't work for me and is going back to the store...

...by the way I listen with my custom JH-16s

good luck

Jul 25, 2012 at 3:53 AM Post #14 of 61
Quote:
Still in the dark then...
frown.gif

I'm a Fostex HP_P1 owner with about 100 hours on the device and using them mainly with my new FitEar TO GO! F111 IEMs.

I don't hear the harshness that the other poster mentioned, fwiw.

Jul 25, 2012 at 6:11 AM Post #15 of 61
Quote:

I'm a Fostex HP_P1 owner with about 100 hours on the device and using them mainly with my new FitEar TO GO! F111 IEMs.

I don't hear the harshness that the other poster mentioned, fwiw.

I understand nobody likes to hear bad things about there own gear but I guess that tells you 2 things: 

1. Everybody have different ears
2. What may sound perfect with one IEMs may sound pretty bad with others.

Moral of the story:

No matter how much we ask for opinions in the forum (which is always useful as a guide but not for conclusions), the best recommendation is to LISTEN as much as you can at the store before buying anything and try to match the best AMP/DAC with your particular IEMs/HEADPHONES etc...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back