Chord Mojo issue solutions thread.
May 7, 2016 at 8:46 PM Post #181 of 1,084
May 12, 2016 at 6:21 AM Post #182 of 1,084
Is it OK to charge Chord Mojo by using the iPhone USB wall charger.  As I understand it, the charger delivers 5V at 1A and seems like it should be OK per Chord manual, but wanted to confirm.  Thanks

May 12, 2016 at 8:42 AM Post #183 of 1,084
Yes, the iPhone USB wall charger will be absolutely fine, as long as Mojos charging light does not blink during charging.

Plenty of people are successfully using Apple chargers to charge Mojo.

May 12, 2016 at 9:00 AM Post #185 of 1,084
Thanks, What does it mean if the charging light is blinking?  Manual only talks about light on while charging and off when fully charged.
That its not charging.

May 12, 2016 at 9:21 AM Post #186 of 1,084
  Thanks, What does it mean if the charging light is blinking?  Manual only talks about light on while charging and off when fully charged.

If the white charging LED blinks during charging, it signifies that the charger is supplying insufficient current. No harm done; it's just that it won't charge successfully.

If your charger supplies 1 amp charging current, then it meets the minimum requirement for successful charging, so you should be just fine. I only mentioned it in order to give you a more complete answer
smile_phones.gif

Just so you know; for the purposes of charging Mojo, you can use a charger that offers 1 amp or more than 1 amp, but you can't use a charger that offers less than 1 amp.

May 12, 2016 at 9:25 AM Post #187 of 1,084
Thanks again for these responses.  I am a "manual" guy and always read through them whenever I'm firing up something new, but the mojo manual is a might scant. Have also noted the charging light glow blue at times, but don't recall in relation to any particular action, and don't see info in manual.

May 12, 2016 at 1:22 PM Post #188 of 1,084
From Auralic:

Ok here is the deal. The Mojo is requesting something extra for DSD256 that isn't standard in the normal driver. So at this point DSD256 won't work with the Mojo. Its possible at some point we can add in what they are requesting. At the moment though the software team is focused on the App and Firmware. Sorry for the bad news.

So it looks as if the Aries Mini and Mojo combo won't be able to do DSD256 anytime in the near future

May 12, 2016 at 4:06 PM Post #189 of 1,084
  Thanks again for these responses.  I am a "manual" guy and always read through them whenever I'm firing up something new, but the mojo manual is a might scant. Have also noted the charging light glow blue at times, but don't recall in relation to any particular action, and don't see info in manual.

If you're a manual guy, then please read through Post #3 in Page 1 for all your Mojo manual needs.
Props goes to @Mython for setting it up.

May 12, 2016 at 4:14 PM Post #190 of 1,084

If you're a manual guy, then please read through Post #3 in Page 1 for all your Mojo manual needs.
Props goes to @Mython for setting it up.

Thanks, xtr4, yes; @ McClelland, please do read that post, in the main Mojo thread 
beerchug.gif

May 13, 2016 at 6:28 AM Post #191 of 1,084

Thanks, xtr4, yes; @ McClelland, please do read that post, in the main Mojo thread 
beerchug.gif

Will do.  And the directive is clear as day right in the thread header. . . Ah well . . .Reminds me of the time when I asked my kids if they had seen my glasses and they burst out laughing because I had them cocked up on the top of my head. 

Thanks to both of you and especially to you Mython for pulling it all together.

May 13, 2016 at 9:39 AM Post #192 of 1,084
  Please pardon me if this question has already been asked, but I'm having a problem charging my Chord Mojo.

I understand that the charging LED will indicate a white light during charging. 

I am currently using my Samsung S6 stock charger and during charging, the LED light turns on to white for about 4s, becomes dimmer for 4s, then turns off. This process repeats for the rest of the charging session.

After about 4hrs, I realised that the battery level of the Mojo is still low and that it hasn't been charged yet. 

Anybody can advise me on this issue?

1. Get a better charger, 2. Unplug wait then replug and see if white light stops blinking.

The Samsung S6 charger gives an output current of 2A, I presume that's sufficient for the Mojo right? There could be a compatibility issue because it works fine for my phone. 

OK, I have this same problem with the charging light staying on for like 4-5 seconds then going off, then turning back on again....repeat.  When I unplug the unit and turn it on, the battery light is green (not blue, which it should be for max battery life, right?).  I've tried my iPhone charger, iPad charger, generic USB charger and two 40W Anker chargers, different cables, all with the same result...so it can't be the chargers or cables.

Has anyone else encountered this issue??  Do I need to go back and exchange the unit?  I just bought it Tuesday...

May 13, 2016 at 11:25 AM Post #193 of 1,084
OK, I have this same problem with the charging light staying on for like 4-5 seconds then going off, then turning back on again....repeat.  When I unplug the unit and turn it on, the battery light is green (not blue, which it should be for max battery life, right?).  I've tried my iPhone charger, iPad charger, generic USB charger and two 40W Anker chargers, different cables, all with the same result...so it can't be the chargers or cables.

Has anyone else encountered this issue??  Do I need to go back and exchange the unit?  I just bought it Tuesday...
Stronger charger.

May 13, 2016 at 11:51 AM Post #194 of 1,084
Stronger charger.

can you recommend a stronger charger then?  My Anker chargers are 5-port, 8-AMP and 40-Watt: http://www.amazon.com/Anker-Charger-PowerPort-Multi-Port-Samsung/dp/B00VH8ZW02/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1463154511&sr=8-6&keywords=anker+charger

I figured an 8 amps and 40 watt/combined charger would be enough??  The description says each port delivers up to 2.4Amps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back