Chord Mojo issue solutions thread.
Apr 28, 2016 at 2:53 AM Post #166 of 1,068
Please pardon me if this question has already been asked, but I'm having a problem charging my Chord Mojo.

I understand that the charging LED will indicate a white light during charging. 

I am currently using my Samsung S6 stock charger and during charging, the LED light turns on to white for about 4s, becomes dimmer for 4s, then turns off. This process repeats for the rest of the charging session.

After about 4hrs, I realised that the battery level of the Mojo is still low and that it hasn't been charged yet. 

Anybody can advise me on this issue?
1. Get a better charger, 2. Unplug wait then replug and see if white light stops blinking.

Apr 28, 2016 at 8:08 AM Post #168 of 1,068
The Samsung S6 charger gives an output current of 2A, I presume that's sufficient for the Mojo right? There could be a compatibility issue because it works fine for my phone. 

It looks like the charger may not be outputing the desired 1A consistently. If you have another wall charger, please try that. Or it could be the cable from the charger to the Mojo, try swapping out the cable and try another one as well.
Hope this helps

Apr 30, 2016 at 5:56 PM Post #169 of 1,068
I am trying to stream DSD 256 through the Chord Mojo attached to my Auralic Aries Mini.  All I get is static.  I tried the Aries analog outputs and the 256 DSD files play through the Aries internal DAC fine.  Just when I try quad DSD through the Mojo all I get is static.  Double DSD works fine on the Mojo in this setup just not quad DSD.  Please can anyone help?  Thanks, I appreciate it

Apr 30, 2016 at 6:35 PM Post #170 of 1,068
  I am trying to stream DSD 256 through the Chord Mojo attached to my Auralic Aries Mini.  All I get is static.  I tried the Aries analog outputs and the 256 DSD files play through the Aries internal DAC fine.  Just when I try quad DSD through the Mojo all I get is static.  Double DSD works fine on the Mojo in this setup just not quad DSD.  Please can anyone help?  Thanks, I appreciate it

What digital connection-type are you using?

Apr 30, 2016 at 8:06 PM Post #172 of 1,068
I dunno what sampling freq DSD is. However some users found they got clicks on music at 192KHz. They found buying a quality shielded digital audio cable fixed.

I have no idea if this applies to you, because I have not even looked up what DSD is yet. Anyway I have seen it mentione a lot on the Official Mojo Thread. You might find your answer using the 'thread search' function on that thread.

Apr 30, 2016 at 8:45 PM Post #173 of 1,068

I don't own the Aries but it can't output more than double rate DSD to the Mojo according to their website.

"...The USB audio host can deliver PCM from 44.1 to 384 KHz at 16-, 24- and 32-bit resolutions as well as DSD, Double-Rate DSD for compatible USB DAC. The other digital outputs are limited to 192 KHz at 24-bit in maximum according to S/PDIF standard."

http://www.auralic.com/en/

The analogue out would have no limitation on DSD rate as it's an analogue signal being processed internally on the Aries. The problem seems to be in the way the Aries limits the output of the digital signal to an outboard DAC. If the Aries could output quad DSD in DoP format the Mojo would work.

May 3, 2016 at 1:23 AM Post #174 of 1,068
My 5 month old Mojo starts to have a signal issue with the coaxial connection. Light pressure right angle to the 3.5mm plug will cause signal lost, therefore I'm getting a lot of intermittent signal lost when I have the unit on my bag for portable use . I have seen a youtube post of a similar issue at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtLEgXd5qqM. I would like to check if it is a common issue and if it can be fixed.

May 3, 2016 at 5:34 PM Post #176 of 1,068
This is the newer Aries Mini that does support DSD256 -not the Regular Aries

Oops, missed that. Is there an option to enable DSD in DoP format on the Aries mini? This should be the DSD format that you feed in to the Mojo, because of Rob's code and the way he handles DSD vs PCM. Other than that I'm not sure.

May 7, 2016 at 6:44 AM Post #178 of 1,068
I have a problem with my mojo. I bought my mojo a month ago. Everything were ok until today. Basically, usb port does not work. I tested with PC, MAC, and Android. None of them can see the mojo. Any idea or suggestion how to fix it? 
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

I have no problem connecting mojo via OPT. 

May 7, 2016 at 11:58 AM Post #180 of 1,068
  I have a problem with my mojo. I bought my mojo a month ago. Everything were ok until today. Basically, usb port does not work. I tested with PC, MAC, and Android. None of them can see the mojo. Any idea or suggestion how to fix it? 
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

I have no problem connecting mojo via OPT. 

Happened to me 2 times. Had to return both units. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back