Chord Mojo issue solutions thread.
May 13, 2016 at 11:55 AM Post #196 of 1,084
May 13, 2016 at 12:02 PM Post #197 of 1,084
Yeah any 2 amps, I use my phones charger.

OK, here is some more detail.  I just replicated the issue and timed it with a stopwatch.  I tried this on two 2+ Amp chargers - the Anker charger I linked to previously, which is brand new, charges all of my other USB devices great, and outputs 2.4 Amps per port, as well as the Apple *iPad* charger, which is larger than the smaller iPhone charger and outputs 2.1 Amps.

The white charge light stays on for 17 seconds, then goes black for 12 seconds, then repeats indefinitely in this manner - 17 seconds, 12 seconds, exactly.  I wouldn't call this "flashing."  And yes, I did this with a stopwatch.

My question to you all is...when your Mojo battery is fully topped off, is this the behavior you experience?

Or, is my unit defective?

May 13, 2016 at 1:04 PM Post #198 of 1,084

OK, I have this same problem with the charging light staying on for like 4-5 seconds then going off, then turning back on again....repeat.  When I unplug the unit and turn it on, the battery light is green (not blue, which it should be for max battery life, right?).  I've tried my iPhone charger, iPad charger, generic USB charger and two 40W Anker chargers, different cables, all with the same result...so it can't be the chargers or cables.

Has anyone else encountered this issue??  Do I need to go back and exchange the unit?  I just bought it Tuesday...

The charger and cable all play crucial roles in ensuring proper charge of the Chord Mojo. Also, ensure that your connection is good. 

May 13, 2016 at 1:15 PM Post #199 of 1,084
  The charger and cable all play crucial roles in ensuring proper charge of the Chord Mojo. Also, ensure that your connection is good. 

Thanks for the suggestion - I've tried different cables, all high quality, with the same result.

At this point, let me refine my question to everyone here:

When your Mojo battery is:
      - Fully charged
      - Still plugged into the charger
      - And the unit is powered off

​    Does the charging light stay off?

May 13, 2016 at 1:21 PM Post #200 of 1,084
Thanks for the suggestion - I've tried different cables, all high quality, with the same result.

- Fully charged

when the battery is fully charged the white light will be off (no light).

May 13, 2016 at 1:27 PM Post #201 of 1,084

- Fully charged

Perhaps not the cables, but the charger or wall socket? A charger with an output of 2A did the job for me (I'm using a Samsung S6 charger).

However, I had to experiment with various cables to get the Mojo to charge properly.

While charging, flip the Mojo over and you should see the LED light turned to white.

Leave it for a while and touch the unit, if the Mojo is warm, that means it's charging.

The charging light should turn off once charging is complete, which usually takes about 4 hours.

May 13, 2016 at 1:27 PM Post #202 of 1,084
when the battery is fully charged the white light will be off (no light).

Thanks, that's what I thought. 

I ran the battery down a bit more and recharged it - the white charging light stayed on for some time (30-40 minutes) and then went back into the alternating 17 second on/12 seconds off routine, instead of going completely off.  It just does that indefinitely...

The only reason I noticed this is because it's sitting on my desk next to me and the physical enclosure emanates a very faint high pitched noise when the charging light is on and doesn't when it's off, so the on/off/on/off making that high pitched noise distracted me.

I'm going to use mine a bit more and see if the behavior changes, but it seems mine might be defective.

May 13, 2016 at 2:02 PM Post #203 of 1,084
Thanks, that's what I thought. 

I ran the battery down a bit more and recharged it - the white charging light stayed on for some time (30-40 minutes) and then went back into the alternating 17 second on/12 seconds off routine, instead of going completely off.  It just does that indefinitely...

The only reason I noticed this is because it's sitting on my desk next to me and the physical enclosure emanates a very faint high pitched noise when the charging light is on and doesn't when it's off, so the on/off/on/off making that high pitched noise distracted me.

I'm going to use mine a bit more and see if the behavior changes, but it seems mine might be defective.
when charging the white light should stay on and not turn on and then turn off then turn on. White light should just be on , no on and off, until the battery is fully charged then the white light turns off.

May 13, 2016 at 8:06 PM Post #204 of 1,084

OK, here is some more detail.  I just replicated the issue and timed it with a stopwatch.  I tried this on two 2+ Amp chargers - the Anker charger I linked to previously, which is brand new, charges all of my other USB devices great, and outputs 2.4 Amps per port, as well as the Apple *iPad* charger, which is larger than the smaller iPhone charger and outputs 2.1 Amps.

The white charge light stays on for 17 seconds, then goes black for 12 seconds, then repeats indefinitely in this manner - 17 seconds, 12 seconds, exactly.  I wouldn't call this "flashing."  And yes, I did this with a stopwatch.

My question to you all is...when your Mojo battery is fully topped off, is this the behavior you experience?

Or, is my unit defective?

That sounds weird and I would contact Chord either by email at Chord, or on the Mojo Thread.

The issue of the white charging light alterating on and off usually means not enough current. It was also discussed that some chargers may state 1A, but be slightly less. Thus giving charging result you see. However since you have fully exhausted the possibility that have enough current, it looks like a fault. 

May 21, 2016 at 11:52 PM Post #208 of 1,084
I was using Mojo on my Windows 10 PC using USB when it stopped working after a Windows update. I uninstalled and installed the ASIO driver and nothing. The ASIO driver doesn't work in J. River nor does direct sound and the WASAPI playback option doesn't appear either. I Reset my Windows 10 PC and no dice. The ASIO drivers are installed yet it doesn't produce any sound. Windows 10 can't see the device while plugged into USB. The Mojo works fine with my PS4 though optical. Does anyone have any ideas? I could use it with direct sound and WASAPI just fine less than 7 days ago.

May 22, 2016 at 1:05 AM Post #209 of 1,084
  I was using Mojo on my Windows 10 PC using USB when it stopped working after a Windows update. I uninstalled and installed the ASIO driver and nothing. The ASIO driver doesn't work in J. River nor does direct sound and the WASAPI playback option doesn't appear either. I Reset my Windows 10 PC and no dice. The ASIO drivers are installed yet it doesn't produce any sound. Windows 10 can't see the device while plugged into USB. The Mojo works fine with my PS4 though optical. Does anyone have any ideas? I could use it with direct sound and WASAPI just fine less than 7 days ago.

Did you get the driver from Chords website?  http://chordelectronics.co.uk/mojo/

May 22, 2016 at 3:55 AM Post #210 of 1,084
  Did you get the driver from Chords website?  http://chordelectronics.co.uk/mojo/

Yes, I tried that. Either the USB port is dead or Windows can't detect the Mojo at all anymore through USB. I'm going to discharge the Mojo completely and see if that helps. I bet you it's either a driver or a Windows issue. Windows always has issues with those.

Edit: My Fiio E17 DAC installed through plug and play in seconds, LOL. So much for paying $700 for a DAC. I've got a $700 paperweight now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back