Chord Mojo issue solutions thread.
Apr 22, 2016 at 12:12 PM Post #151 of 1,069
  Folks

I need some help with Mojo and Tidal on my PC.

Coniguration:
Windows 7, Mojo drivers installed
Tidal for PC
Mojo connected via USB

Problem:
Today's morning I have decided to try Tidal HiFi subscription and I downloaded Tidal's software on my PC (I had drivers installed already). Although I have positve experience with Foobar on the same computer I am unable to force Tidal's Windows app to behave properly!
So, from Tidal's configuration panel I can choose where Tidal should stream my music. When I am choosing "to Mojo" route the app is trying to play but it can't start any track (I can only observe a "waiting ball" on the play button). Addotionally I am able to route digital signal from the app to Realtec HD (my onboard soundcard). When I am doing that I can switch on fly to my Mojo and it is switching flawlessly... until I don't decide to move into another track, then I am having the same kind of "freeze" on play.
I have been trying with all posiible exclusivity and volume holding configurations. Nothing has any impact on my problem :frowning2:

Have you guys experienced that kind of issues?

I reevaluated my problem on home setup withi Windows 10 PC. Verdict: Mojo doesn't work with Tidal :frowning2:
Please confirm.

Apr 22, 2016 at 12:48 PM Post #152 of 1,069
I think the Mojo should work with Tidal. There are plenty of references to Tidal on the Official Mojo Thread. Look on that thread and use the thread 'Search This Thread' function on it. (It's at the top of any page, just under the title.) You'll pull up a few links to places in the thread talking about it.

Also you should check the third post on that thread.

Sorry I don't know the answer for you.

Apr 22, 2016 at 3:02 PM Post #155 of 1,069
I'm not running Windows, which is why I did not reply.
Though I'm running Tidal, wireless laptop, into a Mojo. I've been listening to it all day - no issues.

The issue is not with the Mojo.
The issue is not with Tidal.

Apr 23, 2016 at 1:02 AM Post #156 of 1,069

What was the sampling rate of the music files before you ripped to FLAC? If it was CD quality then it is still ampled at 44.1KHz when in FLAC form.

Have you selected the WASPAPI driver in Foobar? I know in JRiver I have to select which output driver I want.

Hello there.

I am encountering the same indicator signal (in red) regardless of what audio format I've played in Foobar.
I do have some in 24/96 but it still in red. Anyone can help on this fix?

Apart, I tried to searched to the WASPAPI in Foobar's configuration listing but could not see any.
Able to screenshot how can I go there?

Many thanks in advance.

Apr 23, 2016 at 2:54 AM Post #157 of 1,069
  Hello there.

I am encountering the same indicator signal (in red) regardless of what audio format I've played in Foobar.
I do have some in 24/96 but it still in red. Anyone can help on this fix?

Apart, I tried to searched to the WASPAPI in Foobar's configuration listing but could not see any.
Able to screenshot how can I go there?

Many thanks in advance.

Foobar does not have WASAPI installed by default. You have download that as an add on. It is free. This was covered by Rob Watts in The Official Mojo Thread. You should find it by using the search thread function.

Apr 23, 2016 at 3:15 AM Post #158 of 1,069

I'm not running Windows, which is why I did not reply.

Though I'm running Tidal, wireless laptop, into a Mojo. I've been listening to it all day - no issues.

The issue is not with the Mojo.

The issue is not with Tidal.

But these two (Mojo and Tidal) are only constant elements in my tests! Computers are different as well as operating systems, etc. My conclusion is that there is a problem with one of them.

Apr 23, 2016 at 9:11 AM Post #160 of 1,069
  But these two (Mojo and Tidal) are only constant elements in my tests! Computers are different as well as operating systems, etc. My conclusion is that there is a problem with one of them.

I highly recommend reading the third post in the main Mojo thread.

Apr 23, 2016 at 6:44 PM Post #162 of 1,069
Hi everyone. Thanks for starting this thread.

I recently bought a mini toslink to optical cable and an adaptor so that I can connect the Mojo to my PC directly.
However, it seems that I am not doing things properly- it is as if there is no proper connection.

Can anyone describe how they have done it? Cheers!!

Apr 23, 2016 at 8:53 PM Post #163 of 1,069
  Hi everyone. Thanks for starting this thread.

I recently bought a mini toslink to optical cable and an adaptor so that I can connect the Mojo to my PC directly.
However, it seems that I am not doing things properly- it is as if there is no proper connection.

Can anyone describe how they have done it? Cheers!!

It's difficult to hazzard a guess. Did you select the digital-out, in Sound in Control Panel.

Apr 24, 2016 at 3:31 AM Post #164 of 1,069
Yep. It is on Digital Output, which is what I normally select when using the mojo as an external sound card.
However, I was not totally sure if I had it set up properly, as having the usb+my headphones plugged in resulted in a connection anyway. I was referring to- how do I make sure that I am using the right type of connection?

Apr 28, 2016 at 2:41 AM Post #165 of 1,069
Please pardon me if this question has already been asked, but I'm having a problem charging my Chord Mojo.

I understand that the charging LED will indicate a white light during charging. 

I am currently using my Samsung S6 stock charger and during charging, the LED light turns on to white for about 4s, becomes dimmer for 4s, then turns off. This process repeats for the rest of the charging session.

After about 4hrs, I realised that the battery level of the Mojo is still low and that it hasn't been charged yet. 

Anybody can advise me on this issue?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back