1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Mython, Oct 14, 2015.
First

Back
440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449
451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460
Next

Last
  1. Currawong Contributor
    In Japan, we have a very, very cool case maker that.... well, just browse the site. You don't need to read Japanese to understand any of it, the pictures say everything.

http://www.vannuys.co.jp/n_earphone_case_hard/index.html
    http://www.vannuys.co.jp/n_chord_mojo_player/index_2.html

2. stevemiddie

Dam!  They ship internationally? 

3. joshk4

Yeah this is how I feel as well, but I jumped from IE 80 to IE 800 and found that noticeable step up and that wow moment.

I too got the HA-2 and was quite impressed but not like "wow". Then I read rave reviews about the Chord Mojo blowing the HA-2 out of the water, that I wanted to see what the fuss is about and how big of an improvement it is.

When I got it, this is where I went "wow" and notice the step up and this is why now I believe that headphones/iems goes hand in hand with DAC/Amp and it is just as important.

Chord Mojo has really done it with this product.

4. Currawong Contributor

Sadly no. It takes a lot of self-control not to simply blow $1k on their gear. I can easily pick out half-a-dozen things that would be incredibly useful for me. I'll probably get a box for IEMs and a DAP and/or Mojo.

5. stevemiddie

How sad  :frowning2:  That is a great box for IEM's so I now have something else to start tracking down. 

6. all999
  7. Currawong Contributor
    I'll have a chat to them sometime. One of the guys speaks English. 

Aside from that, I've posted my review, an extended version of what I wrote in the Gift Guide. The main take-away is that I don't find it sounds inferior to the Hugo now, but feel it has improved with use, and I've added some of what has already been mentioned recently in this thread and Wiki, and a few pictures.

Something I didn't add was that I received my Lavricable cable today.  I might be smoking the proverbial, but I felt Onkyo HF Player + the cable + Airplane mode got the best results from my iPhone, listening with HD800s. Not anything I reckon I'd pass any kind of test on let alone care about outside my house (except the cable is more convenient). Since I nabbed that 200GB card in the Black Friday deal I'll probably stick with the AK100 for portable use for the most part.

Mython and x RELIC x like this.
  8. Ike1985

Can you also fit a plastic dehumidifier?

9. Ike1985

Coming from you: "not inferior to Hugo", holy crap. This has to be one of the best deals in audiophile gear ever.

10. tkteo
    When we consider the improvements in FPGA technology, and the size of the Mojo, there is space both literally and figuratively to produce a subsequent DAC that is in between the size of Mojo and Hugo and incorporate features that trickle down from desktop devices such as the DAVE and the Chordette 2Qute.

And I know I will be darn tempted to buy such a device.

Currawong likes this.
  11. jamestux
    Quick question, I know it's not the correct place to ask but I kind of line in this thread now!

I'm looking for q some new IEMs and am trying to make a shortlist, I am thinking IE800, Shure 846 or Noble Savant - does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions that they can share after using them with the mojo?

In terms of musical taste - anything!! My family are forced to listen to classical, rock and electro on a daily basis but I also listen to soul, acoustic and jazz a lot of the time so "all rounder" is key for me! I like clarity but not an overemphasised fatiguing sound.

Thanks!

12. mscott58

Noble K10 is the best all-rounder IMHO and works great with the Mojo.

13. aamefford

@moedawg140 needs to see the earphone hard case - he always has a PILE of high end iems at meets.

14. koziakauzu
    You can use a forwarding company that will ship stuff you buy from Japanese merchant sites (amazon etc)
    I've ordered the small plate they make for the mojo that protect it and avoid unintentional pressing on the buttons.
    It's still on the way but I already received my really cheap second hand Ak100 mk2 that way :wink:

15. Matter
    Does the source matter for the mojo?
    If I were to feed it using my android phone vs zx1 for example?

Thanks

First

Back
440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449
451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460
Next

Last