Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Dec 12, 2015 at 11:02 AM Post #6,751 of 42,765
@moedawg140
 needs to see the earphone hard case - he always has a PILE of high end iems at meets.

I've been working on this. I have an aluminum IEM case similar to the one mentioned that I've taken to meets that never got used aside from holding extra third party cables and tips. The issue with cases like the one mentioned (and my aluminum case) is that there are not a lot of slots for a multitude of IEMs. Also, having a few in each slot and constantly wrapping them up and putting them in and out isn't very efficient to say the least. Cases are actually a huge issue for me when showing IEMs. With that said, If I'm able to show IEMs at the next meet, I would more than likely want to purchase IEM stands like FAD does at meets and forgo all of the cases completely.

Dec 12, 2015 at 11:03 AM Post #6,752 of 42,765
  Does the source matter for the mojo?
If I were to feed it using my android phone vs zx1 for example?

Thanks

No, 99% no difference .

Only significant exception I've seen (but haven't heard personally), is that quite a few people seem to feel that the Questyle QP1R has a poorly-implemented optical output.

Other than that, you are very unlikely to notice a significant difference in SQ between using an android phone and a ZX1, when feeding the Mojo.

If you are a high-res fan and have lots of DSD, then you might wish to dig a bit deeper, on the finer points of what hardware is precisely capable of what, but considering that the ZX1 only has 64gb non-expandable memory, I doubt DSD would be especially high on the agenda.

The only substantial concern with using the ZX1 is that the ZX1 battery does tend to drain quite quickly when using the digital-out. Please note that this is not the fault of the DAC (it happens with any DAC you connect to the ZX1s digital output).

If you have any further questions, or if you have any specific requirements, feel free to ask and I, or someone else, will help.

Dec 12, 2015 at 11:21 AM Post #6,753 of 42,765
hello everyone, can please anyone tell me why i am not getting any sound out of poweramp or neutron music player
using the mojo, so far the mojo only works with uapp and onkyo hf player

is there something i am missing here, i am using a galaxy note 3

Dec 12, 2015 at 11:30 AM Post #6,754 of 42,765
hello everyone, can please anyone tell me why i am not getting any sound out of poweramp or neutron music player
using the mojo, so far the mojo only works with uapp and onkyo hf player

is there something i am missing here, i am using a galaxy note 3

On my z5 I have to ignore the connection pop up or force close Hf player to play from Apple Music / stock player / Google music if that helps

Dec 12, 2015 at 11:42 AM Post #6,755 of 42,765
On my z5 I have to ignore the connection pop up or force close Hf player to play from Apple Music / stock player / Google music if that helps

sorry i do not know why with my note 3 poweramp and neutron do not work

with my lg v10 and mojo neutron and poweramp work

very strange

Dec 12, 2015 at 12:18 PM Post #6,757 of 42,765
I caved in and bought one today, it's amazing. Had RSA shadow and Sony A15. At the moment using DX50 with mojo. Oh and Noble Savants. Will listen more when properly charged.
Listened to a it of various hi res flac and dsd, and just my older flac. the Mojo is the best sounding portable device I've ever had, but then I'm not that rich.

Dec 12, 2015 at 12:18 PM Post #6,758 of 42,765
  How do these stack up against the Oppo ha-2? As of now Im torn between the two

The biggest advantage of the ha-2 is slim form-factor, but, in terms of SQ, Mojo is, arguably, the better choice:

Plenty of discussion if you do a thread search:

http://www.head-fi.org/newsearch/?search=ha-2&resultSortingPreference=recency&byuser=&output=posts&sdate=0&newer=1&type=all&containingthread[0]=784602&advanced=1

Dec 12, 2015 at 12:31 PM Post #6,759 of 42,765

It says no ASIO devices available for me. :frowning2:

I just received an idea about using Foobar but I think everyone will have already done it. I don't know enough to know enough though so I will post it here. I hope it's a cure for the missing second of new tracks. (However I suspect that everyone needs the suggestion enabled to even have the Mojo+Foobar working.)
http://www.asus.com/microsite/essence/tutorialpage/Foobar2000-ASIO.html

Dec 12, 2015 at 12:51 PM Post #6,761 of 42,765
You can use a forwarding company that will ship stuff you buy from Japanese merchant sites (amazon etc)
I've ordered the small plate they make for the mojo that protect it and avoid unintentional pressing on the buttons.
It's still on the way but I already received my really cheap second hand Ak100 mk2 that way :wink:

I made one of those "plates" myself. Just got some carbon-fiber wrap to cover it. Cheers

Dec 12, 2015 at 1:16 PM Post #6,763 of 42,765
Quick question, I know it's not the correct place to ask but I kind of line in this thread now!

I'm looking for q some new IEMs and am trying to make a shortlist, I am thinking IE800, Shure 846 or Noble Savant - does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions that they can share after using them with the mojo?

In terms of musical taste - anything!! My family are forced to listen to classical, rock and electro on a daily basis but I also listen to soul, acoustic and jazz a lot of the time so "all rounder" is key for me! I like clarity but not an overemphasised fatiguing sound.

Thanks!

I'm using a very well used Shure 846 with my Mojo.  Very nice as many on this thread can confirm.  It is past 2am here and I'm still listening to Vivaldi's 4 Season via JRMC and it is awesome especially if you love string instruments.  I gotta get some sleep as I'm just recovering from a cold and I want to go to the Mook festival here... :) 

Dec 12, 2015 at 1:26 PM Post #6,764 of 42,765
Quick question, I know it's not the correct place to ask but I kind of line in this thread now!

I'm looking for q some new IEMs and am trying to make a shortlist, I am thinking IE800, Shure 846 or Noble Savant - does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions that they can share after using them with the mojo?

In terms of musical taste - anything!! My family are forced to listen to classical, rock and electro on a daily basis but I also listen to soul, acoustic and jazz a lot of the time so "all rounder" is key for me! I like clarity but not an overemphasised fatiguing sound.

Thanks!

There's a post over in the 1964 Ears Adel IEMs thread that suggests the 64 Ears A12 (post #2873).  I haven't heard the combination but I have the A12s.  I find them absolutely outstanding in every way.  BTW, they are not bass heavy as a few have suggested but when there's bass on the track they can hit with impact like having a subwoofer.  I am not a bass head and I love them.  A10s may be more neutral.  U10s and U12s aren't custom and therefore cost less.

I am going to order a Mojo and test this for myself.  Any of you who are interested in an ifi Micro iDSD at a good price check out my listing in the classifieds (wifi Micro iDSD).  You can help me buy a Mojo if you buy it from me, I just can't accumulate anymore gear.

Dec 12, 2015 at 2:55 PM Post #6,765 of 42,765
I'll have a chat to them sometime. One of the guys speaks English. 

Aside from that, I've posted my review, an extended version of what I wrote in the Gift Guide. The main take-away is that I don't find it sounds inferior to the Hugo now, but feel it has improved with use, and I've added some of what has already been mentioned recently in this thread and Wiki, and a few pictures.

Something I didn't add was that I received my Lavricable cable today.  I might be smoking the proverbial, but I felt Onkyo HF Player + the cable + Airplane mode got the best results from my iPhone, listening with HD800s. Not anything I reckon I'd pass any kind of test on let alone care about outside my house (except the cable is more convenient). Since I nabbed that 200GB card in the Black Friday deal I'll probably stick with the AK100 for portable use for the most part.

I too always found better cables improve sound in majority of cases Currawong! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back