Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Dec 12, 2015 at 3:47 PM Post #6,766 of 42,765
Please can I ask a silly question? I don't know enough about how it all works. With reading about how some music playing software has problems playing with the Mojo, e.g. Foobar missing the first second.

1. I wondered does the Mojo work with Windows sounds.

2. If I want to watch a DVD on my computer will it work with Windows Media Centre. Plus other players like VLC or Cyberlink Power DVD.

Dec 12, 2015 at 4:20 PM Post #6,767 of 42,765
I too always found better cables improve sound in majority of cases Currawong! :)

I agree with Amos. I may also be smoking something funny but the combination of iPod Touch (in airplane mode) + Lavricable interconnect + Onkyo HF Player sounds fantastic.

I spent two days transferring my music library over to iTunes then onto Onkyo. I have tried TuneShell, Neutron, Golden Ears and FLAC Player apps for iDevices and Onkyo is the best combination of UI and sound. Further, it is the only application specifically mentioned by Chord in the Mojo manual so the synergy may be more than user preference.

Dec 12, 2015 at 5:14 PM Post #6,768 of 42,765
I always found the difference to be going wireless vs. wired soundwise. Not as profound ofcourse, but maybe 1/3 of the difference or maybe even upto 2/3 on good quality cable. My system simply do not feel complete without my "exotic" cables to my ears nowadays. :D

Dec 12, 2015 at 6:38 PM Post #6,769 of 42,765
Hi,
Simple question:
I only use my Mojo in places where power is available. So I could simply let the Mojo plugged in all time (while playing and when powered off). Now I'm wondering if that is advisable regarding battery life and playback quality? I mean I know that keeping the battery fully charged all time is somehow stressfull to lithium batteries, but charging-discharging also reduces the life of it... Next thing is, that the charging currents may theoretically induce some hf noise into the playback circuits and therefore diminish audio quality...

Any advices or expiriences?

Dec 12, 2015 at 6:42 PM Post #6,770 of 42,765
have you noticed a marked difference in sound with the micro b cable?

Frankly, I have to say no. I was using a pretty decent well shielded cable before. The Ghent is even better and I could not say I heard any difference after installing it. The mojo seems to be pretty resistant to any USB cable jitter issues.

I got the Ghent mainly because it's well built, fairly enough, and comes in the length I wanted.

Dec 12, 2015 at 6:48 PM Post #6,771 of 42,765
Hi,
Simple question:
I only use my Mojo in places where power is available. So I could simply let the Mojo plugged in all time (while playing and when powered off). Now I'm wondering if that is advisable regarding battery life and playback quality? I mean I know that keeping the battery fully charged all time is somehow stressfull to lithium batteries, but charging-discharging also reduces the life of it... Next thing is, that the charging currents may theoretically induce some hf noise into the playback circuits and therefore diminish audio quality...

Batteries always have a finite life and whether you cycle them or keep them stressed at a full charge your batteries will always die eventually. Chord has confidently stated a 10 year battery life under regular use. What more is there to say? My take on the matter is that it's better to cycle the battery through the charge, yet others don't care about leaving it plugged in all the time and Chord's battery protection circuitry seems to be well implemented in this regard. My suggestion is to just use it and enjoy it in the manner that suits you best.

Dec 12, 2015 at 7:02 PM Post #6,772 of 42,765
You can use a forwarding company that will ship stuff you buy from Japanese merchant sites (amazon etc)

Can I ask for some clarity on this. If I was to purchase from Amazon.jp would I need to use the services of a third party to have it posted to the UK or will amazon.jp post any items purchased directly to me.

Could you suggest any such reputable 'forwarding' companies?
Thanks

Dec 12, 2015 at 7:13 PM Post #6,773 of 42,765
Quick question, I know it's not the correct place to ask but I kind of line in this thread now!

I'm looking for q some new IEMs and am trying to make a shortlist, I am thinking IE800, Shure 846 or Noble Savant - does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions that they can share after using them with the mojo?

In terms of musical taste - anything!! My family are forced to listen to classical, rock and electro on a daily basis but I also listen to soul, acoustic and jazz a lot of the time so "all rounder" is key for me! I like clarity but not an overemphasised fatiguing sound.

Thanks!

For Rock 846s, Acoustic and Jazz ie800s. But seriously I can listen to all genres on both and enjoy. Paired with mojo, they let the music shine through. Savants I had high expectations for but they sounded uninspiring to me, K10s were far more my kettle of fish.

Dec 12, 2015 at 7:20 PM Post #6,774 of 42,765
  Hi,
Simple question:
I only use my Mojo in places where power is available. So I could simply let the Mojo plugged in all time (while playing and when powered off). Now I'm wondering if that is advisable regarding battery life and playback quality? I mean I know that keeping the battery fully charged all time is somehow stressfull to lithium batteries, but charging-discharging also reduces the life of it... 

I know the Mojo will turn off charging once the battery is full, this in itself may help prolong the battery but time will tell.

Dec 12, 2015 at 7:26 PM Post #6,775 of 42,765
  Thanks for the input. Do you have an idea where can I buy the safest option for the Chord Mojo? Moon Audio also sells them. I can order from ebay but i fear its too risky. I live in Qatar by the way. 

I'm not sure of your best option, for shipping to Qatar, but I suspect you are not the only person living in Qatar who has purchased a Mojo.

You might try asking distributors for advice on which retailer to choose:

www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-the-official-thread-read-the-third-post-for-updated-info/1050#post_12005417

Dec 12, 2015 at 8:18 PM Post #6,776 of 42,765
Can I ask for some clarity on this. If I was to purchase from Amazon.jp would I need to use the services of a third party to have it posted to the UK or will amazon.jp post any items purchased directly to me.

Could you suggest any such reputable 'forwarding' companies?

Thanks

Check aramex on the App Store, they do shop and ship

Dec 12, 2015 at 8:22 PM Post #6,777 of 42,765
  Hi,
Simple question:

Rob Watts's description of how the battery works is currently post #4596 at the moment I think. Basically once the battery is full no more charge goes onto it. It would make sense then to discharge the battery yourself ocasionally.

Dec 12, 2015 at 8:47 PM Post #6,779 of 42,765
This + a phone or a high end dap.. decisions..
Get this, with its inputs you can then make a decision on a player. I'm veering towards a USB DAP next, maybe the pioneer or onkyo. Android based so no real difference to a phone.

Dec 12, 2015 at 8:55 PM Post #6,780 of 42,765
  This + a phone or a high end dap.. decisions..

Mojo in my admittedly biased opinion. I am surprised by its ability to extract the detail from my favourite music on a daily basis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back