Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Dec 13, 2015 at 8:59 AM Post #6,796 of 42,765
  Thanks for the input. Do you have an idea where can I buy the safest option for the Chord Mojo? Moon Audio also sells them. I can order from ebay but i fear its too risky. I live in Qatar by the way. 

PM sent

Dec 13, 2015 at 9:13 AM Post #6,797 of 42,765
  can i connect the mojo to ak100ii via otg usb cable or only optical

The only outputs are analog audio or optical digital, so to use with the Mojo you have to use the optical output. 

The only USB connection for the AK100II is an input. 

Cheers 

Dec 13, 2015 at 10:06 AM Post #6,798 of 42,765
Ok, I've had a play with the mojo now, and very pleased. But I do have a question.
Am I right in saying up to 192 optical and coax are fine?
And that to go over those bitrates you have to use usb?
Z series compact phone looks great value next to some daps

Dec 13, 2015 at 10:17 AM Post #6,799 of 42,765
Question,
So if one where to buy the newest Ipod touch with the newest fw do you still need a cck? I thought I read somewhere in this thread that you don't need one anymore. It would be great to have an Ipod/Mojo streaming Tidal with out all the extra cables.

Nope, still need the CCK (or one of the hacked cables) for anything from Apple. Cheers

Dec 13, 2015 at 10:22 AM Post #6,800 of 42,765
Has anyone tried to compare Hugo and Mojo with volume level tightly matched? As in tight at the voltage level (not by ear). Coz I can't catch any difference from the comparison I did this afternoon. (USB input only).

Dec 13, 2015 at 10:31 AM Post #6,801 of 42,765
  dont forget to use v4a and get the bass out man, it was such a revalation when i used v4a and mojo

my steup is 

note 3--- mojo-- shure 846 the bass man the bass was huge, i tried subwoofer in v4a and man what a bass

Oh....I plan on doing that
biggrin.gif

Dec 13, 2015 at 10:44 AM Post #6,802 of 42,765

Oh....I plan on doing that
biggrin.gif

i want to you to just remember that the tiny size of the mojo should be taken in your consideration when u evaluate it as a whole package, now for me i am in love with for my iems, its magical with v4a

now with my lcd2 which drove crazy even with my ifi dsd micro and alo mk3 B i can not get what I want to hear, i long time ago admitted it was the worst decision for me to but the lcd as the bass to me simply is not to my liking

i am looking for a full size headphone that sounds like the shure 846 or sony z5 but in full size and bye bye lcd2

Dec 13, 2015 at 12:04 PM Post #6,803 of 42,765
Hello again! Your computer treats it as the sound card so yes you can play any audio through it as normal. That foobar issue is and odd one though

Thank you for confirmation.

I was going to go back and edit my post that you replied to. I was going to say that I worked out that Mojo does work with Windows functions. I remembered that someone was mentioning in the past on this thread that playing Steam games works. 

However thank you again. I decided to leave that post as it was, so that others wondering the obvious had a reference and confimation.

The Foobar one is making me nervous. @Nitrile seems to be experienceing a problem with JRiver too which is even more worrying. I was coming round to the idea of having to spend about £35 on JRiver. Therefor scrapping my free Media Go. I am sure someone would assure me that JRiver is worth the money though in some way.

Dec 13, 2015 at 12:41 PM Post #6,804 of 42,765
the best 3 things i bought so far since my start a year about 2 years ago

is the mojo, followed by the headstage 5tx, and ak100ii for my iems ( shure 846 + sony z5 ) 

mojo--- note 3---- shure 836  ( 10/10 )

ak100--- headstage 5tx--- shure 846 ( 9/10 )

Dec 13, 2015 at 12:45 PM Post #6,805 of 42,765
Question,
So if one where to buy the newest Ipod touch with the newest fw do you still need a cck? I thought I read somewhere in this thread that you don't need one anymore. It would be great to have an Ipod/Mojo streaming Tidal with out all the extra cables.

While admittedly a pirated cable, the Lavricable interconnect is an elegant solution.

Further, the Lavricable has survived a major iOS update from 9.1 to 9.2 and still functions flawlessly.

Dec 13, 2015 at 12:58 PM Post #6,806 of 42,765
While admittedly a pirated cable, the Lavricable interconnect is an elegant solution.

Further, the Lavricable has survived a major iOS update from 9.1 to 9.2 and still functions flawlessly.

(this isn't 'aimed' at you, personally, Spook76; it's just a few thoughts relating to what you said)

I consider the whole implementation of CCK (and the associated disclosure requirements for would-be CCK licensees) to be extremely selfish and disingenuous, on Apple's part, anyway, so I view Fiio's and Lavricable's efforts to circumvent it to be more libertarian than illegitimate.

Dec 13, 2015 at 1:17 PM Post #6,807 of 42,765
(this isn't 'aimed' at you, personally, Spook76; it's just a few thoughts relating to what you said)

I consider the whole implementation of CCK (and the associated disclosure requirements for would-be CCK licensees) to be extremely selfish and disingenuous, on Apple's part, anyway, so I view Fiio's and Lavricable's efforts to circumvent it to be more libertarian than illegitimate.

Mython I could not agree more. I hate the whole MFI certification and I agree it is a libertarian solution.

Dec 13, 2015 at 2:38 PM Post #6,808 of 42,765
i want to you to just remember that the tiny size of the mojo should be taken in your consideration when u evaluate it as a whole package, now for me i am in love with for my iems, its magical with v4a

now with my lcd2 which drove crazy even with my ifi dsd micro and alo mk3 B i can not get what I want to hear, i long time ago admitted it was the worst decision for me to but the lcd as the bass to me simply is not to my liking

i am looking for a full size headphone that sounds like the shure 846 or sony z5 but in full size and bye bye lcd2

If you ever find this please pm me, would like very much to find this myself.

Dec 13, 2015 at 2:46 PM Post #6,809 of 42,765

It certainly seems like Apple is trying to make sure that phones and tablets don't replace computer sales.  Not only is it hard to get USB I/O, there is little help for I/O and files in general.  I'm sure they would argue back that's because iOS wasn't designed as a computer operating system and lacks the features and capabilities to be one.  Microsoft and others are forcing Apple to re-think the line between i-devices and computers.  We shouldn't need to be even discussing this in an age when our refrigerators and ovens have CPUs and are on-line.

I'm just happy there's any kind of work-around to Apple's intrasigence on this issue.  I half expect them to sue some seller of the "illicit" cables.  To be clear I own many iDevices and computers and am not anti-Apple, I just think they have missed the train on issues like this one.  They can also be very Draconian in shaping a world that profits only Apple--no doubt about that.

Dec 13, 2015 at 4:28 PM Post #6,810 of 42,765

I tend to agree as well. Main reason for pointing it out is just in case Apple does something with the system that makes the cables not compatible then people risk getting stuck with no recourse. Hope this doesn't happen but good to be aware of. Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back