Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Dec 13, 2015 at 4:31 PM Post #6,811 of 42,765
i want to you to just remember that the tiny size of the mojo should be taken in your consideration when u evaluate it as a whole package, now for me i am in love with for my iems, its magical with v4a

now with my lcd2 which drove crazy even with my ifi dsd micro and alo mk3 B i can not get what I want to hear, i long time ago admitted it was the worst decision for me to but the lcd as the bass to me simply is not to my liking

i am looking for a full size headphone that sounds like the shure 846 or sony z5 but in full size and bye bye lcd2

Ever listen to the Vmoda m-100? Sounded quite good with the Mojo, lots of bass which is too much for my daily preference compared to the LCD-2. I'd say about +6 dB in comparison.

Dec 13, 2015 at 7:21 PM Post #6,812 of 42,765
If you ever find this please pm me, would like very much to find this myself.

Hykhleif and Jynxed:

As a user of both the Shure SE846 and Sony Z5 IEMs I don't think any full size headphone can sound like both as each IEM has a very different sound signature. I was very keen on getting a pair of Audeze LCDs but got seized with indecision as to which model. The strong US dollar put local prices into the stratosphere. Questions dealing with quality control raised on this forum were troubling. I found my solution in a pair of Sennheiser HD800s. Quality, reasonably affordable, and a fine match for the Mojo and my other kit. Might work for your tastes as well. Good luck.

Dec 13, 2015 at 7:37 PM Post #6,813 of 42,765
[@]hykhleif[/@], a couple more suggestions may be the Nighthawks or the Dharma. Sorry for the OT. :)

Dec 13, 2015 at 8:05 PM Post #6,814 of 42,765
What cable should I be using to output line out signal to my Audeze's RCA input? Any recommendations? Thanks

Dec 13, 2015 at 8:17 PM Post #6,815 of 42,765
What cable should I be using to output line out signal to my Audeze's RCA input? Any recommendations? Thanks

http://www.amazon.com/Audioquest-3-5mm-Mini-Plug-to-2-RCA-Adapter-Hard/dp/B003VJX2F2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1450055710&sr=8-2&keywords=audioquest+rca+to+3.5

This plus your choice of RCA cable which you probably have already.

Dec 13, 2015 at 8:31 PM Post #6,816 of 42,765
Mojo in common with Hugo has a mute function . This occurs when the usb changes sample rate or switches to dsd. This is to eliminating the huge bangs that some os creates. Losing half a second is better than losing your headphone drivers.... Rob

Please does it mean that if music music is of 44.1KHz Windows sounds are 44.1KHz, there is no problem? Meaning there is no loss of the first second of manually selected music tracks.

Does the loss of the first second only occur e.g. when playing HD-audio from a Windows (i.e. 44.1KHz) platform?

Dec 13, 2015 at 9:34 PM Post #6,817 of 42,765
From previous posts, Vrms output of the Mojo seems to be at ~5 Vrms.

But could someone convert it to this?

• ?mW into 32Ω
• ?mW into 50Ω
• ?mW into 300Ω
• ?mW into 600Ω

Kinda difficult for me to compare it with other amps with that unit.

Thanks!

Dec 13, 2015 at 10:05 PM Post #6,818 of 42,765
  From previous posts, Vrms output of the Mojo seems to be at ~5 Vrms.

But could someone convert it to this?

• ?mW into 32Ω
• ?mW into 50Ω
• ?mW into 300Ω
• ?mW into 600Ω

Kinda difficult for me to compare it with other amps with that unit.

Thanks!

You also need to know the output current as well as the distortion to really figure out the power into different load, so it is not a straight forward process that you can convert Vrms to mW.

Dec 13, 2015 at 10:11 PM Post #6,819 of 42,765

You also need to know the output current as well as the distortion to really figure out the power into different load, so it is not a straight forward process that you can convert Vrms to mW.

I get it but the spec sheet is 8ohm to 600 with nothing in between. Since this is touted as a smartphone solution maybe a few #'s like 16 and 32 ohm would be nice. Most companies provide 16 or 32 or both. I get my Mojo tomorrow so I'll see but a 16 or 32 rating provided by the vendor like FiiO, OppO and almost everbody else woulda been nice/expected/S.O.P  IMO

Dec 13, 2015 at 11:03 PM Post #6,820 of 42,765
Ok, I've had a play with the mojo now, and very pleased. But I do have a question.
Am I right in saying up to 192 optical and coax are fine?
And that to go over those bitrates you have to use usb?
Z series compact phone looks great value next to some daps

Yes 192 kHz is fine with optical - but the optical transmitter needs to be good, and if you use plastic fibre keep the cable short, otherwise you need to use a quality glass fibre cable.

Coax will actually work up to 384 kHz but it needs to be quality RF coaxial cables.

Rob

Dec 13, 2015 at 11:07 PM Post #6,821 of 42,765

Please does it mean that if music music is of 44.1KHz Windows sounds are 44.1KHz, there is no problem? Meaning there is no loss of the first second of manually selected music tracks.

Does the loss of the first second only occur e.g. when playing HD-audio from a Windows (i.e. 44.1KHz) platform?

If the player does not switch sample rate its fine. But I had this from Matt at Chord last night (he is production director and tests all our digital products with all OS):

"Of course it only happens when you first play a track or the sample rate changes and only happens if the track has been mastered with no lead in. Some devices fix sample rate so you don't get a problem. 

I don't know if you want to post this as I'm struggling to get this info out via other routes but on J River Media Center you can insert a configurable amount of silence at the beginning of the track in the settings menu. Now for people who prefer to use Foobar you can do the same thing but you need an additional component called affix silence which can be downloaded from this link. 

https://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_dsp_silence

You then just set the pre or post silence in ms. I tried with 500ms pre silence and 0ms post and it worked well."

Rob

Dec 14, 2015 at 3:29 AM Post #6,823 of 42,765

(this isn't 'aimed' at you, personally, Spook76; it's just a few thoughts relating to what you said)

I consider the whole implementation of CCK (and the associated disclosure requirements for would-be CCK licensees) to be extremely selfish and disingenuous, on Apple's part, anyway, so I view Fiio's and Lavricable's efforts to circumvent it to be more libertarian than illegitimate.

It certainly seems like Apple is trying to make sure that phones and tablets don't replace computer sales.  Not only is it hard to get USB I/O, there is little help for I/O and files in general.  I'm sure they would argue back that's because iOS wasn't designed as a computer operating system and lacks the features and capabilities to be one.  Microsoft and others are forcing Apple to re-think the line between i-devices and computers.  We shouldn't need to be even discussing this in an age when our refrigerators and ovens have CPUs and are on-line.

I'm just happy there's any kind of work-around to Apple's intrasigence on this issue.  I half expect them to sue some seller of the "illicit" cables.  To be clear I own many iDevices and computers and am not anti-Apple, I just think they have missed the train on issues like this one.  They can also be very Draconian in shaping a world that profits only Apple--no doubt about that.

The reason is more likely to prevent people plugging devices in which then cause the phone to malfunction, crash, or be compromised. It is not dissimilar to the reasons Chord would discourage people not to experiment with batteries. Sooner or later someone will blame Apple for a problem caused by a device which it was their fault for plugging in. That is why using a CCK with a DAC is completely unofficial too. So Apple is strict about what they'll certify or regard as "official". 

Dec 14, 2015 at 3:34 AM Post #6,824 of 42,765
The reason is more likely to prevent people plugging devices in which then cause the phone to malfunction, crash, or be compromised. It is not dissimilar to the reasons Chord would discourage people not to experiment with batteries. Sooner or later someone will blame Apple for a problem caused by a device which it was their fault for plugging in. That is why using a CCK with a DAC is completely unofficial too. So Apple is strict about what they'll certify or regard as "official". 

Ha, that's a very generous explanation. I don't buy it, not when Android (and heck, for that matter even Symbian) phones have had OTG forever with nobody damaging their devices despite the myriad things that have been tried with them.

Dec 14, 2015 at 4:56 AM Post #6,825 of 42,765

I've been using this combo for a while. And to be honest, gonna stay on this one for quite a long time. Mojo is just too awesome for TG!334 :rolleyes:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back