Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Dec 12, 2015 at 3:51 AM Post #6,736 of 42,765
In Japan, we have a very, very cool case maker that.... well, just browse the site. You don't need to read Japanese to understand any of it, the pictures say everything.

http://www.vannuys.co.jp/n_earphone_case_hard/index.html
http://www.vannuys.co.jp/n_chord_mojo_player/index_2.html

Dec 12, 2015 at 4:00 AM Post #6,737 of 42,765
  In Japan, we have a very, very cool case maker that.... well, just browse the site. You don't need to read Japanese to understand any of it, the pictures say everything.

Dam!  They ship internationally? 

Dec 12, 2015 at 4:46 AM Post #6,738 of 42,765

My first significant jump in audio was purchasing Shure SE846's and to be honest I've never looked for anything else since (previous notable ones were Klipsch X10i then Shure SE530/535's).

Then tried various smartphones as sources then a few mobile DAC/AMP's such as the Dragonfly and HA-2 but didn't think they were a significant jump, but then though I'd try the Mojo based on Hugo feedback and again I got the big smile moment.

For me the SE846/Mojo combination is as good as it gets for the price I'm prepared to pay (not chasing the rabbit down the hole or wanting multiple earphones/DAC's etc).

Then had to give a high-end DAP a try so got one of the Sony ZX2's in the Amazon sale which does sound great, but after owning a Mojo the ZX2 sounds inferior so now happy to just keep my Mojo/SE846's connected to a small source that can store a decent amount yet still work with Spotify/Tidal and have good battery life, so source is now a Sony Z5 compact with microSD purely for audio duties and the ZX2 has gone back to Amazon.

Yeah this is how I feel as well, but I jumped from IE 80 to IE 800 and found that noticeable step up and that wow moment.

I too got the HA-2 and was quite impressed but not like "wow". Then I read rave reviews about the Chord Mojo blowing the HA-2 out of the water, that I wanted to see what the fuss is about and how big of an improvement it is.

When I got it, this is where I went "wow" and notice the step up and this is why now I believe that headphones/iems goes hand in hand with DAC/Amp and it is just as important.

Chord Mojo has really done it with this product.

Dec 12, 2015 at 5:13 AM Post #6,739 of 42,765

Dam!  They ship internationally? 

Sadly no. It takes a lot of self-control not to simply blow $1k on their gear. I can easily pick out half-a-dozen things that would be incredibly useful for me. I'll probably get a box for IEMs and a DAP and/or Mojo.

Dec 12, 2015 at 5:25 AM Post #6,740 of 42,765

Sadly no. It takes a lot of self-control not to simply blow $1k on their gear. I can easily pick out half-a-dozen things that would be incredibly useful for me. I'll probably get a box for IEMs and a DAP and/or Mojo.

How sad  :frowning2:  That is a great box for IEM's so I now have something else to start tracking down. 

Dec 12, 2015 at 6:01 AM Post #6,741 of 42,765
Dec 12, 2015 at 9:07 AM Post #6,742 of 42,765
I'll have a chat to them sometime. One of the guys speaks English. 

Aside from that, I've posted my review, an extended version of what I wrote in the Gift Guide. The main take-away is that I don't find it sounds inferior to the Hugo now, but feel it has improved with use, and I've added some of what has already been mentioned recently in this thread and Wiki, and a few pictures.

Something I didn't add was that I received my Lavricable cable today.  I might be smoking the proverbial, but I felt Onkyo HF Player + the cable + Airplane mode got the best results from my iPhone, listening with HD800s. Not anything I reckon I'd pass any kind of test on let alone care about outside my house (except the cable is more convenient). Since I nabbed that 200GB card in the Black Friday deal I'll probably stick with the AK100 for portable use for the most part.

Dec 12, 2015 at 10:01 AM Post #6,743 of 42,765
I've been using it directly with HD800s lately.

There's enough space on top for a DAP easily.  I have an AK100 strapped to mine when I put it in the case. I don't like to remove the optical cable (to avoid dropping or damaging it) so I have mine going the other direction.

Can you also fit a plastic dehumidifier?

Dec 12, 2015 at 10:04 AM Post #6,744 of 42,765
I'll have a chat to them sometime. One of the guys speaks English. 

Aside from that, I've posted my review, an extended version of what I wrote in the Gift Guide. The main take-away is that I don't find it sounds inferior to the Hugo now, but feel it has improved with use, and I've added some of what has already been mentioned recently in this thread and Wiki, and a few pictures.

Something I didn't add was that I received my Lavricable cable today.  I might be smoking the proverbial, but I felt Onkyo HF Player + the cable + Airplane mode got the best results from my iPhone, listening with HD800s. Not anything I reckon I'd pass any kind of test on let alone care about outside my house (except the cable is more convenient). Since I nabbed that 200GB card in the Black Friday deal I'll probably stick with the AK100 for portable use for the most part.

Coming from you: "not inferior to Hugo", holy crap. This has to be one of the best deals in audiophile gear ever.

Dec 12, 2015 at 10:08 AM Post #6,745 of 42,765
The words "end game" do not apply to any hobby.

When we consider the improvements in FPGA technology, and the size of the Mojo, there is space both literally and figuratively to produce a subsequent DAC that is in between the size of Mojo and Hugo and incorporate features that trickle down from desktop devices such as the DAVE and the Chordette 2Qute.

And I know I will be darn tempted to buy such a device.

Dec 12, 2015 at 10:17 AM Post #6,746 of 42,765
Quick question, I know it's not the correct place to ask but I kind of line in this thread now!

I'm looking for q some new IEMs and am trying to make a shortlist, I am thinking IE800, Shure 846 or Noble Savant - does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions that they can share after using them with the mojo?

In terms of musical taste - anything!! My family are forced to listen to classical, rock and electro on a daily basis but I also listen to soul, acoustic and jazz a lot of the time so "all rounder" is key for me! I like clarity but not an overemphasised fatiguing sound.

Thanks!

Dec 12, 2015 at 10:20 AM Post #6,747 of 42,765
Quick question, I know it's not the correct place to ask but I kind of line in this thread now!

I'm looking for q some new IEMs and am trying to make a shortlist, I am thinking IE800, Shure 846 or Noble Savant - does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions that they can share after using them with the mojo?

In terms of musical taste - anything!! My family are forced to listen to classical, rock and electro on a daily basis but I also listen to soul, acoustic and jazz a lot of the time so "all rounder" is key for me! I like clarity but not an overemphasised fatiguing sound.

Thanks!

Noble K10 is the best all-rounder IMHO and works great with the Mojo.

Dec 12, 2015 at 10:48 AM Post #6,748 of 42,765

@moedawg140 needs to see the earphone hard case - he always has a PILE of high end iems at meets.

Dec 12, 2015 at 10:50 AM Post #6,749 of 42,765
Any thoughts how to get it shipped to Europe?

You can use a forwarding company that will ship stuff you buy from Japanese merchant sites (amazon etc)
I've ordered the small plate they make for the mojo that protect it and avoid unintentional pressing on the buttons.
It's still on the way but I already received my really cheap second hand Ak100 mk2 that way :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back