Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Dec 9, 2015 at 3:10 AM Post #6,512 of 42,765

You need a OTG specific micro usb to micro usb cable.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/301669713346?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

it look so similar to the one i have which does not work

i do not know maybe mine does not carry audio, but the cable was included as a package in the headstage arrow 5tx to used as a dac well. 

Dec 9, 2015 at 3:45 AM Post #6,515 of 42,765
You guys are having some bad luck. I have used my mojo with iPhone 5s and 6s with cck, note 4, nexus 5x and Sony z3 compact with generic micro to micro cables. Actually I lie, the nexus was a generic USB c to female USB cable much like a cck. But without host functionality.

Pre Android 4.2 or maybe 5 you needed specific otg cables but I have had no issues lately.

The only device I have limited luck with is my Samsung tablet. Where I can only get audio via USB audio player pro. All of the phones mentioned above worked natively (any apps, obviously limited by Android/ios limitations) resolution wise and pretty much any resolution via uapp or kaisertone on Android and ios respectively.

On the flip side I think my mojo is an early one as it's quite noisy when charging and I have had it turn off from heat a couple of times while using and charging. I know they don't recommend it but it still got crazy hot.
Additionally when mine gets down to orange battery wise it sometimes cuts a channel or when you try turn it up to a level that clearly pushes it past what the battery is capable of pushing at the time. Freaked me out the first time, thought it pooped it's self.
Might have to shoot the guys at chord a message.

Dec 9, 2015 at 3:57 AM Post #6,517 of 42,765
  Do you mean Pioneer or is there a Panasonic ?

I mean the Pioneer 
redface.gif

Dec 9, 2015 at 5:04 AM Post #6,518 of 42,765
  I had a card in the box sending me to nativedsd.com and containing a voucher number
Here's the album booklet https://dsd-files.s3.amazonaws.com/justlisten/JL002/JL002/JL002.pdf

Same here, got a voucher too :)

Dec 9, 2015 at 7:18 AM Post #6,520 of 42,765
Fiio X3 II over coax only goes red or yellow. Might be something wrong with the cable as I'm using the Fiio adapter plus a male-male union and a female to 3.5mm converter. My LG G4 on the other hand plays everything on blue, so it looks like it is up-scaling to 192 kHz. Both sound great on the T40RP Mk3 that the Mojo seems to be driving quite easily. I can't be bothered to install play it on the computer right now and use some DSD256 files as it is late and the Mojo is still charging. Will get to play with my other cans and with PC as source the next few days. So far I'm mightily impressed!

Dec 9, 2015 at 8:48 AM Post #6,521 of 42,765
Fiio X3 II over coax only goes red or yellow. Might be something wrong with the cable as I'm using the Fiio adapter plus a male-male union and a female to 3.5mm converter. My LG G4 on the other hand plays everything on blue, so it looks like it is up-scaling to 192 kHz. Both sound great on the T40RP Mk3 that the Mojo seems to be driving quite easily. I can't be bothered to install play it on the computer right now and use some DSD256 files as it is late and the Mojo is still charging. Will get to play with my other cans and with PC as source the next few days. So far I'm mightily impressed!

I'm using the same Fiio coaxial plus the two adapters and it works the same as my custom made cable - up to the blue light for FLAC. The only problem for both cables are DSD files which tends to cause the X3ii to stutter.

Dec 9, 2015 at 8:56 AM Post #6,523 of 42,765

Based on my experience, not all android devices can use micro to micro usb cable to connect with mojo.

I have asus zenfone 2 and it can't use micro to micro usb cable like this, but when i tried my friends phone which is xiaomi redmi 2s and asus zenfone c, both of them can use this cable flawlessly...so i buy the asus zenfone c as a transport because it can support external mem up to 64gb.

Dec 9, 2015 at 9:19 AM Post #6,524 of 42,765
Have had a good time with the mojo. I used it with my Laptop and play FLAC files with Foobar 2000 and the provided ASIO driver.
But there is a problem: the very first second of the track is skipped, which is annoying. Is there a solution?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back