Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Dec 9, 2015 at 10:02 AM Post #6,526 of 42,765
I found myself in a big box electronics store where I picked up a Caselogic QPB301 to house the Mojo.  It fits great, leaving just enough space for a short cable like the included USB.  The Mojo is held securely, doesn't slide around, and very importantly is not held so firm as to push the buttons and turn it on; at the same time, there are a few millimeters free lengthwise which means I don't have to tug hard on the zipper to get it around the corners like so many made-to-fit cases.

It's a semi-hard shell, like Caselogic's harddrive case, but it's also padded inside.  I much prefer this to the soft neoprene cases I've seen mentioned as good fits in this thread.  They don't do anything for impact protection in my experience, not to mention acting like a sponge when caught in a heavy downpour.

Dec 9, 2015 at 10:08 AM Post #6,527 of 42,765

Other than use paid for JRiver instead I'm not aware a solution has been found (I use JRiver myself).

Just got a Z5 compact and works great with Mojo and nicer for stacking too than a larger phone (ideal really with 128-200GB microSD card) and long battery life. If you want a smaller phone its awesome really and 1280x720 screen still looks fine on a 4.6" screen (320dpi). I'm just using it for music though rather than a phone as I still prefer my larger Note 4 for everyday smartphone usage.

Dec 9, 2015 at 10:10 AM Post #6,528 of 42,765
  Have had a good time with the mojo. I used it with my Laptop and play FLAC files with Foobar 2000 and the provided ASIO driver.
But there is a problem: the very first second of the track is skipped, which is annoying. Is there a solution?

I have been wondering the same. Someone suggested JRiver, which costs money, after free trial. Someone recently suggested Vox. I came across two other softwares, but you'll have to try them.
Exact Audio Copy
dBpoweramp

Please if you find they work, post your findings here and on this thread. http://www.head-fi.org/t/788913/chord-mojo-issues-solutions-thread

Dec 9, 2015 at 10:17 AM Post #6,529 of 42,765

I have been wondering the same. Someone suggested JRiver, which costs money, after free trial. Someone recently suggested Vox. I came across two other softwares, but you'll have to try them.
Exact Audio Copy
dBpoweramp

Please if you find they work, post your findings here and on this thread. http://www.head-fi.org/t/788913/chord-mojo-issues-solutions-thread

Actually the situation is improved if I use the Kernel Steaming Output instead. Considering Chord has included Foobar 2000 as a compatible software, I think it is not acceptable to have such issue.

P.S. My Laptop is using Windows 8.1 with the Windows 7 driver found on their website.

Dec 9, 2015 at 10:26 AM Post #6,530 of 42,765
I'm getting a green led in the battery charging port of the mojo while using it with my iPhone 5(it's not charging, it's playing music). What's it mean? Does it think it's charging?

Dec 9, 2015 at 10:30 AM Post #6,531 of 42,765
Once fully charged it shows blue, then goes to green, then yellow, then red as battery is used up. If its plugged in charging it tends to look white. Basically its a battery level indicator when in use on battery. Not sure if each colour represents 25% so it would show green at 75% level, yellow at 50% and red at 25% level etc.

Dec 9, 2015 at 10:56 AM Post #6,532 of 42,765
@psikey

At the first time i was thinking to get z5 compact too, but unfortunately for me its rather too expensive if i used it only for transport..

Nice size and spec too

And may i ask you some question regarding your stacking solution with mojo, do you use normal usb otg cable or just a micro to micro usb cable?

Dec 9, 2015 at 10:59 AM Post #6,533 of 42,765
C
I'm getting a green led in the battery charging port of the mojo while using it with my iPhone 5(it's not charging, it's playing music). What's it mean? Does it think it's charging?[/quote
It the charger

It's an indication of tthe charged status of the battery green is about eighty and it will stay green down to forty percent then yellow and red then flashing red as its charge is reducing.

Dec 9, 2015 at 11:14 AM Post #6,534 of 42,765

Actually the situation is improved if I use the Kernel Steaming Output instead. Considering Chord has included Foobar 2000 as a compatible software, I think it is not acceptable to have such issue.

P.S. My Laptop is using Windows 8.1 with the Windows 7 driver found on their website.

I am confused. I bought my Mojo about five weeks ago. Anyway while I was waiting for it to arrive, I started reading this thread, after searching Mojo on Head-Fi. I saw people reporting a few problems and then started reading the whole thread. My Mojo is still unopened.

I was really keen to keep my Mojo. I mean Amazon has a 30-day return policy and I waited 31-days before contacting them. Just showing my reluctance to want to return it. They told me that items bought between 1st November 2015 and 31st Dec 2015, can be returned until 31st Jan 2016. Part of making Christmas easy for us.

In the mean time I am trying to work out all the solutions so that I can use my Mojo. I know if I return the Mojo I will miss the detail level that people are reporting. However I don't want it missing the start of music. I don't want it to cut out if I play and charge, and think a heatsink will secure that. There are some small beauties on the Maplin website. Plus I very nearly bought a Windows phone. I had been looking the Microsoft Lumia 640 for ages before I even heard of the Mojo. I decided to get it to use with Mojo. The same day I read that Windows phone's software as yet doesn't work with the Mojo. Luckily I had not bought the Windows phone.

The charging making a noise issue for me is potentially not good either. There is of course the chance that mine would be silent. Some say it's very quiet noise. Some say louder. If charging and playing I wouldn't want to hear it charging.

@Hotwire recently plosted wanting to use the Mojo with a battery pack, and was cncerned. I guess in the same way as me because it would be effectively charging. Thus potentially making noise while stacked e.g with a phone, playing music.

Dec 9, 2015 at 11:38 AM Post #6,539 of 42,765
I am confused. I bought my Mojo about five weeks ago. Anyway while I was waiting for it to arrive, I started reading this thread, after searching Mojo on Head-Fi. I saw people reporting a few problems and then started reading the whole thread. My Mojo is still unopened.

I was really keen to keep my Mojo. I mean Amazon has a 30-day return policy and I waited 31-days before contacting them. Just showing my reluctance to want to return it. They told me that items bought between 1st November 2015 and 31st Dec 2015, can be returned until 31st Jan 2016. Part of making Christmas easy for us.

In the mean time I am trying to work out all the solutions so that I can use my Mojo. I know if I return the Mojo I will miss the detail level that people are reporting. However I don't want it missing the start of music. I don't want it to cut out if I play and charge, and think a heatsink will secure that. There are some small beauties on the Maplin website. Plus I very nearly bought a Windows phone. I had been looking the Microsoft Lumia 640 for ages before I even heard of the Mojo. I decided to get it to use with Mojo. The same day I read that Windows phone's software as yet doesn't work with the Mojo. Luckily I had not bought the Windows phone.

The charging making a noise issue for me is potentially not good either. There is of course the chance that mine would be silent. Some say it's very quiet noise. Some say louder. If charging and playing I wouldn't want to hear it charging.

@Hotwire
recently plosted wanting to use the Mojo with a battery pack, and was cncerned. I guess in the same way as me because it would be effectively charging. Thus potentially making noise while stacked e.g with a phone, playing music.

Brah, just open it already. Chord will take it back if it isn't to your liking.

How about a Mojo +B version(keep everything the same just add more bass)? The only thing I've seen people who compare the ak380($3,500) to the Mojo($599) say that the ak380 has over the Mojo is bass thump. I have no idea how Chord would add thundering bass but I know they can do it, let's make it happen guys. Mojo +B FTW. Isn't bass thump what all the beats and "normal/average bro audiophile" stuff is about anyway. When an average person(not geeks like us) think about good headphones this think "Wow nice bass".

Dec 9, 2015 at 11:43 AM Post #6,540 of 42,765
For those of you using TIDAL I got the following email from them this morning:

Hello,

The latest Apple iOS update 9.2 has an issue affecting offline content storage. We recommend not updating to iOS 9.2 until Apple releases a new update. 

If you have already updated, you can easily restore your offline content in your settings in TIDAL apps.

Best Regards
TIDAL

When I upgraded to IOS 9.2 I lost all my offline content but I'm now restoring it with no issues.

FYI my camera connector with Moon Audio Black Dragon connector is working fine with 9.2 as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back