Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Dec 9, 2015 at 1:44 PM Post #6,541 of 42,765
i got my mojo and its simply amazing, this tiny device is a revlation

now as usual with new toys comes questions

1- which players beside onkyo, hiby, and uapp work with the mojo, I am so eager to get poweramp and neutron to work but they dont using my note 3

2- does the sound change after burn, as i like it as is hopefully not

my experience for now is with iems like shure 846 and sony z5 and both sound amazing

tomorrow the tough test will be with my audeze lcd2 rev2 

Dec 9, 2015 at 3:56 PM Post #6,543 of 42,765
got this cable today 11.50£ + shipping, i works for my ibasso dx90
normal_smile .gif

Dec 9, 2015 at 4:06 PM Post #6,544 of 42,765
i got my mojo and its simply amazing, this tiny device is a revlation

now as usual with new toys comes questions

1- which players beside onkyo, hiby, and uapp work with the mojo, I am so eager to get poweramp and neutron to work but they dont using my note 3

my experience for now is with iems like shure 846 and sony z5 and both sound amazing

tomorrow the tough test will be with my audeze lcd2 rev2 

Don't really have an answer for your questions but just wanted to pipe in and say that I knew you'd like it. :wink:

You're gonna love it more with the LCD-2 rev2 tomorrow! :)

Dec 9, 2015 at 4:23 PM Post #6,545 of 42,765
  i got my mojo and its simply amazing, this tiny device is a revelation

(...)

Revelation is a good choice of words, I am still wrapping my head around what the guys at Chord have achieved... the value for money is the best I have ever experienced in audio gear... wow!

I was wondering about burn in too, maybe it's my brain but after 30 hours I think there is a change (for good, believe it or not, especially soundstage wise).

Dec 9, 2015 at 4:27 PM Post #6,546 of 42,765
For the first time I decided to pair my vorzuge pure II+ with my Mojo...up until now i have resisted doing so because the Mojo sounds so good by itself.I hooked things up and listened to my LCD-3F's with the pair and i must say i was impressed.i love the mojo and the Hugo on their own but i think i am going to spend a bit more time playing with the combo in the near term....the vorzuge is a little beast,incredible power for such a small sized amp....

Dec 9, 2015 at 4:56 PM Post #6,549 of 42,765
So with iOS 9.2 now I can just use the stock cable with the Mojo and an iPhone USB cable and it works with Tidal first try.  

No CCK / lightning to USB adaptor?!

Dec 9, 2015 at 5:06 PM Post #6,551 of 42,765
Brah, just open it already. Chord will take it back if it isn't to your liking.

How about a Mojo +B version(keep everything the same just add more bass)? The only thing I've seen people who compare the ak380($3,500) to the Mojo($599) say that the ak380 has over the Mojo is bass thump. I have no idea how Chord would add thundering bass but I know they can do it, let's make it happen guys. Mojo +B FTW. Isn't bass thump what all the beats and "normal/average bro audiophile" stuff is about anyway. When an average person(not geeks like us) think about good headphones this think "Wow nice bass".

Don't you think the problem lies more with your set of cans, than with the DAC/amp? What if the AK380 all this time compensated for the lack of bass for your set of cans, and the Mojo is just being neutral? I'm just saying, there could be more culprits than one in your chain. I say just using an EQ or replacing your cans for something that suits you more will do the job. :)

That said, I sincerely don't understand why people want their DAC/amp to alter the sound. In my opinion, a DAC/amp should just be unbiased across the frequency range, and be as revealing in detail as it can. Anything else should be left to the IEMs/headphone. If not, than it's just like letting a monster truck driver drive a Bugatti Veyron.

Dec 9, 2015 at 6:09 PM Post #6,552 of 42,765
Ok after comparing this to HA-2, I can tell that the vocals are more natural and the HA-2 while detailed as well, seems to be on the verge of cold and flat compared to Mojo.

So far I'm glad I purchased this.

Just need to test it with the HD-800 which I too also found HA-2 able to drive it well. But I'm sure after IE 800, well probably be the same.

Wonder how it stacks up to the HDVD 800 :)

Dec 9, 2015 at 7:45 PM Post #6,554 of 42,765
Ok after comparing this to HA-2, I can tell that the vocals are more natural and the HA-2 while detailed as well, seems to be on the verge of cold and flat compared to Mojo.

So far I'm glad I purchased this.

Just need to test it with the HD-800 which I too also found HA-2 able to drive it well. But I'm sure after IE 800, well probably be the same.

Wonder how it stacks up to the HDVD 800 :)

If it sounds anything like Hugo then I'm sure it would be very very good. Hugo was only audio equipment that made me sit and just enjoy and focus only on music when hooked up to my speakers. All other audio gear always made me want to multi task, whether it'd be reading a magazine, browsing the web etc.

Picking mine up prabably in 2 weeks along with Hifiman Edition-X to pair together.

Dec 9, 2015 at 8:11 PM Post #6,555 of 42,765
So far, the detail and clarity is on a different level. I do know what people mean when they say the vocals are more nicer.

Also, I find that little things like drums or other beats that was behind are now more prominent and you can hear them more clearly as if they are kinda part of the music (not sure how important this is but just mentioning it).

P.S no hiss on ie 800 and no hiss when charging.

When you say you hear more into backround sound it basically means Mojo has better resolution and is bringing out micro details more than whichever dac you are comparing to. I take it Mojo is has good clarity as well since resolution,clarity and detail go hand in hand most time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back