Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Dec 10, 2015 at 2:03 AM Post #6,572 of 42,765
Look at Moon Audio's cable page. They have lightning to micro dragons now

Those only work for devices with MFI certification from Apple, like the Oppo HA-2 or the Cypher Labs Algorythm -dB. For the Mojo you need a cable with the MFI chip inside which the Lavricables has as well as the FiiO L19.

This is what you need from Moon Audio (if you want a Dragon cable) for the Mojo:

http://www.moon-audio.com/apple-cck-silver-dragon-usb-cable-for-chord-mojo.html

That bundle includes the CCK and a silver dragon USB cable.

Dec 10, 2015 at 2:10 AM Post #6,573 of 42,765
  I have not problems charging and listening at the same time, although the Mojo can get a bit hotter while doing so. Regarding any impact on the battery I don't think these types have any of the old memory issues. Cheers 

Yeah Mojo split up the usb input (one for charging and one for connection), whereas my HA 2 was just the one. I might charge and listen to it at the same time and see how hot it gets.

Dec 10, 2015 at 2:12 AM Post #6,574 of 42,765
  Charging and listening at the same time can make Mojo very hot. I had a few instances when the overheat protection circuit kicked in and shutdown Mojo due to high temperature.

Chord's position is it's ok to do so, and the overheat protection is confirmed working and doing it's job.

But I'm not comfortable how hot Mojo gets. For Hugo heat is not a problem.

If it has to kick in to shutdown due to high temperature a few times, that can be a worrying sign (glad we have the heat protection kicking in).

Going to do a full charge, and then hook both usb up and see how hot mine gets. If it does get really hot, then I'd prob do the charge and playback separately...

After using it a few times, I find it so difficult to see the charging light, should have been more visible in my opinion (oh well).

Dec 10, 2015 at 2:13 AM Post #6,575 of 42,765
The background say guitar plucks or cymbals etc, was not as prominent.

And yes, the details on this is really good.

I think you should be happy with this when you get it in 2 weeks :)

Seems like basically, it has been getting positive reviews through out.

My ex never listens to recorded music, only live performances. This is the metaphor she used to describe her experience: the instruments "talk" to one another. It's a conversation. Many times I am frustrated I cannot hear everything that is being spoken by the musicians/instruments in a piece of recorded music. With the Mojo I can now hear every nuance of the conversation. This is the real world translation of all the descriptions you will read here about transparency, details, separation, etc. You are hearing all the voices more clearly. I have just begun to listen to the Mojo (30 min): Tchaikovsky's Cappricci Italien. The musicians take turns speaking, but there is a lot of overlap, where things can get confused. Not with the Mojo
Tidal Hifi>Jitterbug>Mojo>HD800>OMG

Dec 10, 2015 at 2:25 AM Post #6,576 of 42,765
Those only work for devices with MFI certification from Apple, like the Oppo HA-2 or the Cypher Labs Algorythm -dB. For the Mojo you need a cable with the MFI chip inside which the Lavricables has as well as the FiiO L19.

This is what you need from Moon Audio (if you want a Dragon cable) for the Mojo:

http://www.moon-audio.com/apple-cck-silver-dragon-usb-cable-for-chord-mojo.html

That bundle includes the CCK and a silver dragon USB cable.

Seriously?!? So what you are telling me is those cables only work on a few devices? I didn't get that from my quick glance at the page.I have just gone back to look and you are right (unfortunately). My bad. Thanks for clarifying.

Dec 10, 2015 at 2:40 AM Post #6,577 of 42,765
My ex never listens to recorded music, only live performances. This is the metaphor she used to describe her experience: the instruments "talk" to one another. It's a conversation. Many times I am frustrated I cannot hear everything that is being spoken by the musicians/instruments in a piece of recorded music. With the Mojo I can now hear every nuance of the conversation. This is the real world translation of all the descriptions you will read here about transparency, details, separation, etc. You are hearing all the voices more clearly. I have just begun to listen to the Mojo (30 min): Tchaikovsky's Cappricci Italien. The musicians take turns speaking, but there is a lot of overlap, where things can get confused. Not with the Mojo

Yeah it definitely makes it a pleasure to hear music in a more visible and coherent way I guess... Haha I guess your ex is glad she continued being friends, as she has made a new friend in the mojo :p

If it makes me excited to go into work just to listen to it while doing work, and making it just that bit more fun is only a good thing :)

Glad you are enjoying it, I have yet to try it on my hd 800.

Dec 10, 2015 at 2:44 AM Post #6,578 of 42,765

The only thing I hear speaking in a live performance is the singer. Oh, and maybe the backround singers.

Dec 10, 2015 at 2:52 AM Post #6,579 of 42,765
The only thing speaking in a live performance is the singer. Oh, and maybe the backround singers. Sometimes when I hear these expressions I just want to cover up and I feel embarrass for them for some reason.

I wouldn't count a guitar solo without having a voice..

Dec 10, 2015 at 3:01 AM Post #6,580 of 42,765
hi, sorry but it is difficult to search the long thread. can anybody provide the cable diagram for fiio x3 2 gen to mojo coaxial cable. i mainly need the connection of wires to the two poles of coaxial of mojo and fiio. this will help me in making short coaxial lead to feed mojo from fiio x3 2 gen.    thanks !

Dec 10, 2015 at 3:11 AM Post #6,581 of 42,765
hi, sorry but it is difficult to search the long thread. can anybody provide the cable diagram for fiio x3 2 gen to mojo coaxial cable. i mainly need the connection of wires to the two poles of coaxial of mojo and fiio. this will help me in making short coaxial lead to feed mojo from fiio x3 2 gen.    thanks !

You can read the first post which has loads of info. You can read the Mojo Wiki (which is linked in the first post). Or you can just go to Moon Audio or other custom cable maker and have one made, or find a DIY Head Fi-er like derGabe to make one for you for much less than Moon Audio.

Link to Moon Audio coaxial cable for X3ii/X5ii/X7 to Mojo:

http://www.moon-audio.com/black-dragon-mini-coax-digital-cable-hifiman-player.html

Dec 10, 2015 at 3:28 AM Post #6,583 of 42,765
Brah, just open it already. Chord will take it back if it isn't to your liking.

How about a Mojo +B version(keep everything the same just add more bass)? The only thing I've seen people who compare the ak380($3,500) to the Mojo($599) say that the ak380 has over the Mojo is bass thump. I have no idea how Chord would add thundering bass but I know they can do it, let's make it happen guys. Mojo +B FTW. Isn't bass thump what all the beats and "normal/average bro audiophile" stuff is about anyway. When an average person(not geeks like us) think about good headphones this think "Wow nice bass".

I don't have cans, I have 12BA CIEMs, I can assure you they pack plenty of sub bass thump-probably the best among all BA ciems. I don't own an AK380. Please read carefully. I Thought EQ was something to be avoided since it oncreases processing pre-dac therrfore a bass bumped DAC would be preferable.

If you put the bump on the DAC then it's there for all of your music. Acoustic music with a bass thump anyone? 
biggrin.gif

With processing power so cheap, it's difficult to mess up with EQ. I agree those 12-driver CIEMs has plenty of thump to a point that makes me feel it's artificial. My Roxanne's Roxanne's bass pot is stuck at the lowest position and still has a good amount of thump. 

Another Adel A12 owner sold their Mojo

post #106

Dec 10, 2015 at 3:47 AM Post #6,584 of 42,765

Another Adel A12 owner sold their Mojo

post #106

So did I. 
tongue_smile.gif
 But just my spare one so I could get a Hugo. I have the HDP-R10 and yes it sounds amazing with my Roxanne. I have not gotten the time to compare but the UI, battery life and bulk of the R10 is really pulling it down. The AK100/Mojo stack is way more compact.

Everyone has there own reference pairing and not everyone will like Mojo.

Dec 10, 2015 at 3:53 AM Post #6,585 of 42,765
So did I. :tongue_smile:  But just my spare one so I could get a Hugo. I have the HDP-R10 and yes it sounds amazing with my Roxanne. I have not gotten the time to compare but the UI, battery life and bulk of the R10 is really pulling it down. The AK100/Mojo stack is way more compact.

Everyone has there own reference pairing and not everyone will like Mojo.

Wait, you had two? Lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back