Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Dec 10, 2015 at 4:14 AM Post #6,586 of 42,765
Wait, you had two? Lol!

Yup, this is how it happened.

I went to the nearest audio shop to ask when they get a demo of X7

Me: When will you get a demo of X7?
Shop: No date yet. But here we have a demo of new Chord Mojo wanna try?

Me: Chord?? thats expensive.
Shop: No lah, just SGD 899 for you.
Me: Ok let me try... Wow sounds amazing. Can't believe it's 1/3 the price of Hugo. Can I buy it now?
Shop: No lah pre-order only. Not yet launched in SG.
Me: Ok take my card I want a pre-order.

Then John Franks came to town to officially launch Mojo with the local distributor. During the event I asked the distributor.

Me: Is this damn thing already available for sale or still pre-order? 
Distributor: Talk to me after the event.

After the event..

Me: So is it available now?
Distributor: Yes just go to my shop and I maybe have one unit available still available.

And So I went, he showed me the Mojo. I immediately surrendered my card then went home smiling.

After 3 days I went to the 1st shop where I initially put my pre-order.

Me: I already have a Mojo, Is it still possible to cancel my pre-order if the stock has not arrived yet?
Shop: No lah. Your unit is here. Look.
Me: Picked up my unit and went home.

Moral of the story. Don't go to John's launch even lol 
tongue_smile.gif

Dec 10, 2015 at 4:29 AM Post #6,587 of 42,765
I think i finished the line of the chase with pairing Grado ps500e and AKG 812 pro with MoJO  and it's hard to believe that it gets any better than this.I could call it the end! I've tried to pair it with other dynamic phones but these two seem to finish the line with not a single bad thing could be said about them.Both are these models just sing with Chord in perfection.It's a fantastic engeneering from all these 3 companies and i only have to applause to these people!!!

Dec 10, 2015 at 5:30 AM Post #6,591 of 42,765

If it has to kick in to shutdown due to high temperature a few times, that can be a worrying sign (glad we have the heat protection kicking in).

Going to do a full charge, and then hook both usb up and see how hot mine gets. If it does get really hot, then I'd prob do the charge and playback separately...

After using it a few times, I find it so difficult to see the charging light, should have been more visible in my opinion (oh well).

im always using mine whilst charging and running T1's. Hardly an easy load. Not experienced any problems, and it doesnt get that hot. I'd say about 45 deg c. Nice and warm, nowhere near as hot as my old A100 amp back in the 90's. That could fry an egg!

Dec 10, 2015 at 5:34 AM Post #6,592 of 42,765
  So, no one else's Mojo has turned into a mini speaker?

Sounds like you might have one of the faulty early-batch ones unless I've misunderstood your symptoms.

Dec 10, 2015 at 6:10 AM Post #6,593 of 42,765
@psikey

At the first time i was thinking to get z5 compact too, but unfortunately for me its rather too expensive if i used it only for transport..

Nice size and spec too

And may i ask you some question regarding your stacking solution with mojo, do you use normal usb otg cable or just a micro to micro usb cable?

I got it as a free upgrade and still using my Note 4 as my smartphone instead. Not really expensive if compared to others using high end DAP's to feed the Mojo (i.e. much cheaper than AK or Sony ZX2)
Really works great with Mojo, and native Walkman app even plays DSD64 (but all music to DAC at 24/192 unless via UAPP). Even lets me pick between DAC output to Xperia or UAPP.

Such a neat yet powerful arrangement with 200GB microSD/32GB internal. No interference at all with WiFi but do get some if streaming Spotify over 4G but strangely not when music playing, only in gaps between music (on occasion). I tend to leave mobile data disabled until I need to use it anyway. Battery life as a normal phone is amazing especially when set to Stamina Mode.

See photos to stack arrangement. I have my Z5 compact in a case but would be even more compact without. Just stuck together with Sticky Fixers for a strong link and phone acts as a good button protector yet still easy to access them:

Walkman Music App playing DSD64

Dec 10, 2015 at 6:54 AM Post #6,594 of 42,765
  hello everyone , i recieved the mojo, and I tried to connect it with the my note 3 using a micro usb to micro usb cable, and no sound 

I tried another cable and same

is there a specific mircro usb to micro usb cable that i should order.

it works if i use a regualr OTG cable connected to a usb-micro usb but this mean I have to use 2 cables

please can u link me on ebay from where to buy such a short micro usb- mircro usb cable or a vendor that ships internationally

I used the Lindy OTG cable ensuring Red end is connected to your phone.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00RX1H9ZS?keywords=LINDY%20USB%202.0%20OTG%20Cable%20-%20Black%2C%20Type%20Micro-B%20to%20Micro-B&qid=1449748265&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

Dec 10, 2015 at 7:22 AM Post #6,595 of 42,765
  got this cable today 11.50£ + shipping, i works for my ibasso dx90
normal_smile .gif

25cm? Isn't it a way too long?

My custom cable is ~ 8cm, but I could be a bit shorter to me:

Dec 10, 2015 at 8:05 AM Post #6,596 of 42,765
  That would be something special. Nope can't make mine do what yours do.

Seriously: no one has noticed that music comes out of the MOJO itself? It is very small, but for the first time I noticed that it came out from Mojo whilst testing a downstream amp. I had it fed by an iPhone 6 via USB-lightning, and after that, Mojo, which fed 3,5mm stereo to RCA lead to the back of another amp. I could hear MOJO going through the peaks and troughs of RMAA testing. There were no headphones plugged in, nor was volume coming out of anything else. I put my ear up to Mojo and it made noise exactly where the noise comes from RMAA.

Dec 10, 2015 at 8:06 AM Post #6,597 of 42,765

That would be something special. Nope can't make mine do what yours do.

Seriously: no one has noticed that music comes out of the MOJO itself? It is very small, but for the first time I noticed that it came out from Mojo whilst testing a downstream amp. I had it fed by an iPhone 6 via USB-lightning, and after that, Mojo, which fed 3,5mm stereo to RCA lead to the back of another amp. I could hear MOJO going through the peaks and troughs of RMAA testing. There were no headphones plugged in, nor was volume coming out of anything else. I put my ear up to Mojo and it made noise exactly where the noise comes from RMAA.

I can recommend a good priest...
wink_face.gif

Dec 10, 2015 at 8:12 AM Post #6,599 of 42,765

Hello.  I'm Billy.  I hear radio waves  in my head.

(Ref Roger Waters: Radio Kaos.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back