Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Dec 10, 2015 at 11:06 AM Post #6,616 of 42,765
Not for me. I've taken my Mojo and cranked it to the full line-out volume with very recognizable music with lots of strong notes and haven't heard a peep out of it - it's dead quiet when not plugged into any HP's. Sounds like that one unit is either defective or possessed. :evil:
I don't even know how this is possible without some kind of speaker or moving part, I'm following the thread to see the outcome now!

All you guys pairing your monos w/zx2's can just switch to phones since it's the same thing and I'll trade you my mojo for your zx2 so now you have 2 and don't have to worry about battery issues. Plus mine is completely silent and hiss free. : P
I have the zx100 and mojo and am over the moon with both but together, that's a wow!

I had ZX2 and sent back Because it doesn't sound as good as a Mojo (plus other reasons including possible issues with Battery replacement in a ZX2 and stuck ay Android 4.2).
If it's similar to the ZX100 it sounds great on its own but even better wth the mojo, I chose the ZX100 over the ZX2 because it didn't have android at all but what do you feel is lacking in the ZX2 as a player that new android would give you (just asking out of curiosity!)

Dec 10, 2015 at 11:19 AM Post #6,617 of 42,765
I had ZX2 and sent back Because it doesn't sound as good as a Mojo (plus other reasons including possible issues with Battery replacement in a ZX2 and stuck ay Android 4.2).

Yea, I'm sure the mojo is better overall. Mojo detail/clarity is insane, just wish it had a hair more rumble instead of thud. Bass seems to be mostly focused in the mid range.

Dec 10, 2015 at 11:33 AM Post #6,618 of 42,765
Yea, I'm sure the mojo is better overall. Mojo detail/clarity is insane, just wish it had a hair more rumble instead of thud. Bass seems to be mostly focused in the mid range.

Interesting to hear you say this - what have you paired it with?

I am on the verge of ordering one but would love someone to dissuade me!
evil_smiley.gif

Dec 10, 2015 at 12:24 PM Post #6,620 of 42,765
With the mini speaker thing, and thermal shut off when listening and charging, plus the previous hiss issues, I think I'll wait a while until Chord sorts these out. Kinda want one though.

Is the mini speaker thing common? 

No, you may be the only one! Still, some teething issues. From all accounts, Chord is standing behind their product 100%. I'll also note that a forum such as this is by nature going to find and intensely scrutinize any issue that may come up. Basically Chord and the Mojo are under a microscope here.

Dec 10, 2015 at 12:24 PM Post #6,621 of 42,765
So are the mojos a bit bass light then @iKE1985? Is the usb input the best for maximum sq compared to the other inputs on mojo?

Apologies if this turns out to not be relevant: I was reading reviews of the Chord Hugo and Hugo TT on 6moons and digitalaudioreview. I recall one of the reviewers mentioning something about bass response.

"More obvious here was shape and thrust in the bottom end. Not an over-emphasis but superior space clearance around bass notes allowing them to step more easily from the darkness and recede again."
http://www.digitalaudioreview.net/2015/08/chord-electronics-hugo-tt-dac-headphone-amplifier-review/

Dec 10, 2015 at 2:10 PM Post #6,625 of 42,765
Basically what happens when device vibrates known as sound waves. You can hear simple miniscule instant sounds like drumsticks hitting the drums at times. But I doubt you'll be able to hear vocals etc and be able to listen to it as a whole piece.

Dec 10, 2015 at 3:12 PM Post #6,626 of 42,765
So are the mojos a bit bass light then iKE1985? Is the usb input the best for maximum sq compared to the other inputs on mojo?

This reviewer nails the bass sig of the mojo: https://m.facebook.com/DAC.ph/posts/1039785902719189

Forum consensus is that usb sounds best.

I should add that my CIEM's bass is weighted toward sub-bass. A more mid-centric bass oriented CIEM would probably shine with the Mojo-probably k10 custom would be great. Just guessing as I've never heard the k10.

IMO it comes down to warmth vs detail. I prefer a warm sound and yes mojo is warm but not as warm/bassy as some others.

Dec 10, 2015 at 3:22 PM Post #6,627 of 42,765
guys now this mojo man what can i say really what can i really say, simply its magical by all what the word magical means

there is no doubt at all and please take it from someone who barely praises anything, the mojo is a must have end of story

the sound you will get is beyond any dap i listened to whether ak240 which i listened to for few days, or the ak100ii which i own or any fiio x3,3ii,5,5ii 

it is magical with my shure 846 and z5 and even with my audeze lcd2 simply amazing

Dec 10, 2015 at 3:41 PM Post #6,628 of 42,765
This reviewer nails the bass sig of the mojo: https://m.facebook.com/DAC.ph/posts/1039785902719189

Forum consensus is that usb sounds best.

I should add that my CIEM's bass is weighted toward sub-bass. A more mid-centric bass oriented CIEM would probably shine with the Mojo-probably k10 custom would be great. Just guessing as I've never heard the k10.

IMO it comes down to warmth vs detail. I prefer a warm sound and yes mojo is warm but not as warm/bassy as some others.

There is a whole world of misinformation in that review. I'll take that review with a giant grain of salt, and it doesn't line up with my listening impressions.

Dec 10, 2015 at 3:47 PM Post #6,629 of 42,765
i am thinking which android phone has great specs to be used with the mojo and is small in size and i mean small and has good battery, as i use my mojo with note 3

any good suggestions for a small high end android phone small in size that will work as good as the note 3 with the mojo

Dec 10, 2015 at 4:00 PM Post #6,630 of 42,765
I've been using my Mojo with my MBP while simultaneously charging the unit for the last 3 days. It does get slightly warm, but I wouldn't call it hot by any means. Now, my Asgard2 and Emotiva Class A amps get HOT. But the Mojo, maybe a nice hand warmer on a cold day. Hot? nope.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back