Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jan 7, 2016 at 7:59 PM Post #8,791 of 42,765
I wonder how long will it take before some Chinese nerds figure out how to manufacture Mojo "clones" :).
What Massdrop is doing here, handling a product like this without the manufacturer's knowledge, is just wrong. That's not how they did it with Fostex.

Jan 7, 2016 at 8:07 PM Post #8,793 of 42,765
You think that Massdrop stole them? In the thread Massdrop explains where they source gear. I'm guessing they got approached by some retailers having trouble moving units.

Lol, no! Just that proper channels are proper channels.

Jan 7, 2016 at 8:26 PM Post #8,794 of 42,765
Lol, no! Just that proper channels are proper channels.

Yeah, I'm guessing John Franks is trying to figure out the "channel" right now. 

Interesting that on MassDrop the number of units sold went as high as 7 and now is back down to 5. If that's all that they sell it would pretty easy to hide that number in normal sales figures. If they sold 25, 50 or 100? That might stick out a bit. 

Either way, the Mojo is an amazing piece of kit. 

Cheers 

Jan 7, 2016 at 8:52 PM Post #8,796 of 42,765
  Got my Mojo. How come they made the charging cable so long? :)

I assume that this can got into an iPhone 1 amp wall charger in addition to a computer?

Thanks,
Ken

Ken - Congrats! 

Whatever charger you use, make sure when you plug it into the Mojo that the very small LED under the charging port glows white continuously while it's charging. If it lights up white and then starts blinking on and off every few second then it means the charger isn't pumping out enough amps. I've found that some Apple iPhone "cube" shaped chargers (especially the many, many knock-offs) and also some computer USB ports don't provide enough power. 

Here's the charger I use, which is a great deal, is very well made, and has more than enough juice to charge both my Mojo and AK100 at the same time. They also make great cables and batteries!

http://www.amazon.com/Anker-Charger-PowerPort-Foldable-iPhone/dp/B012WMWPJW

Cheers and enjoy 

Jan 7, 2016 at 8:55 PM Post #8,797 of 42,765
I wonder how long will it take before some Chinese nerds figure out how to manufacture Mojo "clones" :).
What Massdrop is doing here, handling a product like this without the manufacturer's knowledge, is just wrong. That's not how they did it with Fostex.

I think probably mid-2000-never! given the tech and programming involved. But if anyone can come up with a better design at a cheaper price, let me know first!

Jan 7, 2016 at 8:59 PM Post #8,798 of 42,765
To be honest, having you hate on Massdrop doesn't help me want to buy your product.  I'm loving my M9XX and my K7XX, and other things I've bought from Massdrop.  I wish I had gotten in on those Fostex headphones.  
. JF I'm sorry but we believe in proper distribution channels that protect our retailers and our customers interests. There is no Hate as you put it, just we care for the guys that have been working with for years in some cases.

Jan 7, 2016 at 9:22 PM Post #8,800 of 42,765
I've received a short awesome micro usb (male) to micro usb (male) , my intent was to connect the Mojo to the Note 5.

However, can I connect the dx80 to the Mojo with this awesome short cable?

I would try but I'm scared to screw something up

Hi, could you point me where to find one? I have yet to find a nice short cable for a decent price. Thanks!

Jan 7, 2016 at 9:32 PM Post #8,801 of 42,765
  Ken - Congrats! 

Whatever charger you use, make sure when you plug it into the Mojo that the very small LED under the charging port glows white continuously while it's charging. If it lights up white and then starts blinking on and off every few second then it means the charger isn't pumping out enough amps. I've found that some Apple iPhone "cube" shaped chargers (especially the many, many knock-offs) and also some computer USB ports don't provide enough power. 

Here's the charger I use, which is a great deal, is very well made, and has more than enough juice to charge both my Mojo and AK100 at the same time. They also make great cables and batteries!

http://www.amazon.com/Anker-Charger-PowerPort-Foldable-iPhone/dp/B012WMWPJW

Cheers and enjoy 

Thanks. 
I am getting the solid light. Thanks for the link. I'm using my iPhone charger at the moment.
Ken

Jan 7, 2016 at 10:13 PM Post #8,803 of 42,765
  Hi, could you point me where to find one? I have yet to find a nice short cable for a decent price. Thanks!

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/301228419677?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

US$ 5.99 delivered. I just ordered another one today. Got my first before Xmas and it took about a week to get it for HK here down under. Working perfectly with my LG G4.

Jan 7, 2016 at 10:16 PM Post #8,804 of 42,765
To be honest, having you hate on Massdrop doesn't help me want to buy your product.  I'm loving my M9XX and my K7XX, and other things I've bought from Massdrop.  I wish I had gotten in on those Fostex headphones.  

In no way does Chord's comment = hating.

Jan 7, 2016 at 10:22 PM Post #8,805 of 42,765
EBay from China, but takes 3 weeks.... Unfortunately

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/301228419677?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

US$ 5.99 delivered. I just ordered another one today. Got my first before Xmas and it took about a week to get it for HK here down under. Working perfectly with my LG G4.

Thanks a bunch! This looks good. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back