Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jan 8, 2016 at 6:28 AM Post #8,822 of 42,765
Mine is always totally silent.

Except when it's playing, in which case all I hear is music, sweet sweet music.

Jan 8, 2016 at 6:56 AM Post #8,823 of 42,765
Mine is completely silent as well, when charging and when playing music.

Jan 8, 2016 at 9:00 AM Post #8,826 of 42,765
I can put the mojo right up to my ear anytime during charging and it's completely silent-same during playing. It's never made even a squeak.

Jan 8, 2016 at 9:48 AM Post #8,827 of 42,765
It is not that the transport matter....it is the software, the operating system...even Zx2 didn't have a good transport of audio quality into Mojo, because it is ancient android 4.2, and Onkyo HF app could not transport higher than 16/44.1 to Mojo. My note 4 did an even better job to Mojo. Zx2 could only feed 24/96 to Mojo via stock player app, but that didn't even sound as decent as Note 4 feeding the same file to Mojo with Onkyo app.

So...it is the app, and the OS that makes the differences. Digital is 1 and 0, and it needs something to puzzle up for the final picture, and this something is the software. You can have all beefed up software, but the software is bad, then it is just bad.....

Wow, thanks so much, so it's not really the Mojo way of interpretation is really what got feed it, it's good to know That now people do understand what you feed a mojo does matter and does have sound quality changes

Jan 8, 2016 at 11:10 AM Post #8,828 of 42,765
Wow, thanks so much, so it's not really the Mojo way of interpretation is really what got feed it, it's good to know That now people do understand what you feed a mojo does matter and does have sound quality changes

Smartphones with Onkyo HF can transport everything to mojo you'd ever need including DSD-all is USB and all without converting anything.

Jan 8, 2016 at 11:30 AM Post #8,829 of 42,765
Smartphones with Onkyo HF can transport everything to mojo you'd ever need including DSD-all is USB and all without converting anything.

I understand, but it does matter what you device and way of transport you use to feed a mojo, because I see clear Quality difference in dx80 vs note 5 feeding Mojo

Jan 8, 2016 at 11:48 AM Post #8,830 of 42,765
One have to see a picture here. The player app (software that play back music) is like a person to put the puzzles together from the stored file of 1 and 0, and then this puzzles is digitally feed into Mojo with again 1 and 0, but this 1 and 0 is already interpreted and ready for raw processing to convert into Analog and then amplify it. If you ask why does 1 and 0 stored matter to the 1 and 0 that is interpreted, then I can answer you that from Alphabet letter in English is a different language than Alphabet letter in Vietnamese....

Mojo is the one that take this puzzled up Raw digital data and then process it into analog and amplify it. The one who puzzle up the picture is the source (smartphone and it software or even operating system)

My Zx2 use 4.2 android and this OS restrict high-speed and some whatever that restrict high-resolution music, my Zx2 can only feed 16/44.1 into Mojo. The Sony Music app in the Zx2 was able to output 24/96 into the Mojo, but it sound was congested with less transparency than my Note 4 with android 5.1 and Onkyo HF app feeding the same file into the Mojo.

You can have pieces of puzzles made out of gold and diamond, but if you don't know how to puzzle it up to a good final picture...it is only Gold and Diamond. I believe upgraded cables, I believe modding a headphones, I believe burn-in...and witnessed it.....however I refuse to believe higher quality transport devices = better performance into Mojo or any DAC at all....and I got the proof of that from Zx2-Mojo Vs Note 4-Mojo. I also refuse to believe upgrade cables for the Interconnect cables that handle digital data transportation. Interferences and noise is another matter.

Now for the pure purpose of being fed digitally and convert into analog signals, amplification and sound quality, the Mojo excel at it for the little price that it cost. Mojo stay to the purest signals feeding into it, hence different transports and apps will sound different obviously, that is how sensitive Mojo is digitally. On top of that Mojo is very silent as dead silent as vacuum space....so that is why Mojo is such a Unicorn device for the performance and the price that it is.

I gave up after the first paragraph   :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back