Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Dec 1, 2015 at 11:12 AM Post #6,091 of 42,765
1+2 has very precise imaging and open soundspace. Everything in a set place. Still really like the 846 but Tranlucents have a unique quality, almost live feel to the music. Had settled on Angie's as my next iem, then heard the 1+1s :). Seems perfect to me with Mojo. An exciting listen, are you considering purchase?

Sounds great to me. Do you reckon they would suit rock/metal music well? And yes I am considering purchasing both the mojo and 1+2.

Dec 1, 2015 at 11:21 AM Post #6,092 of 42,765

I also got the sick and nauseous feeling for nearly a month when I got my SE846, but after getting accustomed to them through brief, controlled listening sessions I feel fine now listening to it. You just need to listen to it more and get used to the sound ("brain burn in"). I was upgrading from a Westone 4R and the sound was much more lively, visceral and mid-forward, all these contributed to an overwhelming fullness of sound flowing into my ears and I guess I got dizzy and nauseous from that initially, until I stuck with it and after a month of use it got way better. I now have the same nauseous, overwhelmed feeling listening to my new Laylas because with the comply tips they sound too 3D, warm and full. 

I tried my SE846 out of a Mojo connected to an AK120ii and did not find it more pleasant than simply playing it out of the DAP alone. I talked with my shop and think that due to the 846 having such a low impedance and not needing much power to drive, the Mojo simply made it way too brutal and powerful. Everything felt like it has too much energy, sounds were harsh, grazing, and overly bright. Sibilance was very apparent and more noticeable than straight out of the 120ii. I was on the blue filter and have not tried black filters with the Mojo.   

My very brief impressions with the Layla out of Mojo was positive however, the bass tightened and moved faster, and improved the clarity and air. I think the Mojo has quite a clean, clear, hi-fi sound, and therefore pairs better with more warm, lush iems than bright ones. 

That is funny because I am getting the exact opposite impressions with the SE846 and Mojo... This is the first time I have really been able to listen to my 846 for longer periods of time without feeling fatigued.  I find they seem fuller and less harsh sounding from the Mojo. I only have the DX90 and original AK120 for Daps though and I personally did not like the DX90/SE846 pairing as I found it very fatiguing to listen to. I have also tried all my portable amps with these 2 daps and I still did not really enjoy the 846.  I am using Comply TX series tips though which might be making a difference in sq.

[size=x-small]I [/size]do [size=x-small]find my Angie seem to pair better with my Hugo then my Mojo, even thought the Angie/Mojo combo is still good. But for me the 846 seem to pair better with the Mojo then Hugo.  My Mojo only has around 3-4 hours on it though so initial impression might change.  The Mojo is the best I have heard my SE846 sound and I can finally enjoy them.  [/size]

I have only tried the Mojo from my iMac so far with the optical cable that came with my Hugo.  I ordered a couple of cables from sysconcept which should be here today so I can try my AK120/mojo combo.
I guess it all comes down to personal preferences
beerchug.gif

Dec 1, 2015 at 11:37 AM Post #6,093 of 42,765
  I brought my Mojo to a local dealer to try the Beyer T1.2, and if anyone has any doubts as to the Mojo's abilities to drive the 600Ohm T1 to satisfaction, you need not worry. The Mojo could drive the T1 with authority with room to spare - I was on blue color on the two volume balls and felt that it could go higher, way beyond what my ears could bear. The sound remains open, transparent, coherent, and well extended both high and low. The Mojo brings out the best qualities of the T1's and I'm tempted to buy them, but I really need closed headphones and I found my T5p to be a bit too bass-light for my tastes. Next to audition is the AKT5p which I read should be an improvement to the original (Beyer's) T5p especially in the bass department. I'll see how that goes.

I just took delivery of the T1 originals running with Mojo. 

I am over the moon with them. Stunning. Like you, I am finding them running very well on green/blue. Another league of sound for me. 

Treble is not "hot" at all. Just detailed and pure. It's a little weird, like the spectrum opposite of a tight, punchy bass, if that makes sense?

Great soundstage and detailing. 

Much better all round and smoother even than my trusty K3003/Mojo combo.

Dec 1, 2015 at 11:44 AM Post #6,094 of 42,765
Sounds great to me. Do you reckon they would suit rock/metal music well? And yes I am considering purchasing both the mojo and 1+2.

Especially rock and metal! As long as you not looking for a dull smooth ride :)

Dec 1, 2015 at 4:50 PM Post #6,095 of 42,765
given the size i have to say the Mojo is close to the perfect portable solution for one who wants to be able to listen to his high end cans on the go and achieve perhaps 90% of the quality of a very expensive home desktop set up....i have the yiggy/rag combo and while it is definitely better the mojo and or the hugo hold their own and are very competitive and that is saying quite a bit given the size and cost differential

Dec 1, 2015 at 6:52 PM Post #6,096 of 42,765
Pardon me if I got it mixed up but I assume that with that adapter you're intending to split the left and right channel separately between both outputs? Running a separate ground for each channel?

That's what I meant, not sure if it was what you meant too. But yea I did hear of someone doing that, not sure if it's supposed to be better though.

Basically, yes. I have no idea how well it works.

Dec 1, 2015 at 9:01 PM Post #6,097 of 42,765
I sent back my original Mojo due to the white noise (hiss?) problem, and I just got a replacement unit.

FYI my original unit had audible shhhh noise if I powered it up with just the IEM plugged in and nothing else. The noise level was not dependent on the volume position.
Plugging in a USB cable to the data port brought the noise down by a lot, but still audible.

The new replacement unit has absolutely no noise as far as I can tell. It's fantastic.

Dec 1, 2015 at 9:37 PM Post #6,098 of 42,765
I brought my Mojo to the local dealer to audition a set of HD800. The dealer highly recommend I try the T1.2 as, in his opinion, they perform better and I could save a fair chunk of change. He was correct and I agree with your assessment. The Mojo does a wonderful job of driving them. In fact at one point I had both the HD800 and T1.2 hooked up at once. Under the shop conditions the Mojo was truely impressive. I opted to purchased the HD800 over the T1.2 based on comfort for long sessions. For pure musicality a Mojo T1.2 pairing ought to be given strong consideration if seeking open headphones.
Two major shops says the Mojo cannot push the HD800 properly. My friend tried it and it couldnt.

Dec 1, 2015 at 9:51 PM Post #6,099 of 42,765
It does very well with the Pioneer SE Master1. 

Dec 1, 2015 at 10:23 PM Post #6,101 of 42,765
Two major shops says the Mojo cannot push the HD800 properly. My friend tried it and it couldnt.

I consider myself fortunate in that there is a knowledgable well equipped local dealer I can easily visit to audition gear. Nothing like personal experience to aid in purchase decisions. I am thoroughly pleased with the kit I have purchased. Sorry to hear those major shops and your friend found the Mojo to be inadequate.

Dec 1, 2015 at 10:29 PM Post #6,102 of 42,765
I consider myself fortunate in that there is a knowledgable well equipped local dealer I can easily visit to audition gear. Nothing like personal experience to aid in purchase decisions. I am thoroughly pleased with the kit I have purchased. Sorry to hear those major shops and your friend found the Mojo to be inadequate.
Im glad you are pleased but how can you say they dont know just because they disagree with you? You dont even know the shops and yes one can sit on a leather sofa and demo every amp made and every dap, iem, headphone etc. One of the shop was the owner and I dont think he is in business not to sell the new products.

Dec 1, 2015 at 10:39 PM Post #6,104 of 42,765
Im glad you are pleased but how can you say they dont know just because they disagree with you? You dont even know the shops and yes one can sit on a leather sofa and demo every amp made and every dap, iem, headphone etc. One of the shop was the owner and I dont think he is in business not to sell the new products.

My reading and writing skills come up short on occasion. I thought I was simply commenting on my local shop, my experience, decisions, and satisfaction of owning both pieces of kit. I do wish everyone got as much pleasure from the gear under discussion as I do. I shall bow out of this thread now.

Dec 1, 2015 at 10:41 PM Post #6,105 of 42,765
Don't trust spec, or science: trust the subjective mouthings of shop owners.
Ofcourse, best to hear it for one self. As you know one can go into most shops in Hong Kong and sit in a private room and demo the TT, Hugo, and Mojo and listen for two or more hours before making a choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back