Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Dec 1, 2015 at 6:07 AM Post #6,077 of 42,765
Please can anyone remember what was the fix when the Mojo was hissing on either the optical or coaxial? There was a lot of talk about it somewhere back in this thread. I don't mean the vague hiss that is barely audible which is recently discussed by Mr Rob Watts.

I mean earlier on some people found that their Mojos were noisy across one input. I am not sure but I think it was a fix by return for repair. Sorry if I am wrong on this, but I can't remember. I am simply trying to collate information on solutions in one thread.

I posted about it here in post six. http://www.head-fi.org/t/788913/chord-mojo-issues-solutions-mojo-appreciation-thread#post_12122200

Dec 1, 2015 at 6:29 AM Post #6,078 of 42,765
I just posted the description in the issues/solutions thread.

Dec 1, 2015 at 6:44 AM Post #6,079 of 42,765
Just received my T1's 1st gen.

Running really well with Mojo. Wow.... Plenty of "oomph" and volume. Brilliant. Everything I hoped for, and more. Soundstage precision is exemplary.

Bargain TOTL headphones. Paid 587chf for them. Forget the fact they are 5 years old tech, they sound amazing.

Comment: I think I may have reached the limit of "sharpness" and detail. Any more and it may start to sound a bit weird, like an oversharpened image looks weird.

Dec 1, 2015 at 6:45 AM Post #6,080 of 42,765
  Please can anyone remember what was the fix when the Mojo was hissing on either the optical or coaxial? There was a lot of talk about it somewhere back in this thread. I don't mean the vague hiss that is barely audible which is recently discussed by Mr Rob Watts.

I mean earlier on some people found that their Mojos were noisy across one input. I am not sure but I think it was a fix by return for repair. Sorry if I am wrong on this, but I can't remember. I am simply trying to collate information on solutions in one thread.

I posted about it here in post six. http://www.head-fi.org/t/788913/chord-mojo-issues-solutions-mojo-appreciation-thread#post_12122200

I get a mild noise when using Coax, but it disappears when there's a signal, ie when a track starts playing.

Dec 1, 2015 at 7:27 AM Post #6,081 of 42,765
I just posted the description in the issues/solutions thread.

Many thanks.
atsmile.gif

I altered the title of my fixit thread hoping it would result sooner in a google search. Hoping then that people looking for answers would find it one step sooner. Didn't work though, haha.

Dec 1, 2015 at 8:29 AM Post #6,083 of 42,765
Did you actually try measuring them like that, or did you hear of anyone who tries them like this and got an improved result?
smily_headphones1.gif

Sorry, do you mean measuring when listening to both ports at the same time? I'm drinking.

Dec 1, 2015 at 8:36 AM Post #6,084 of 42,765
  Coming from the far-superior tuneshell it's a terrible app

Does anyone know if tuneshell has a neutral sig like onkyo or is it bass/treble spiked even when eq is disabled?  

Have you been using Tuneshell?

Dec 1, 2015 at 8:52 AM Post #6,085 of 42,765
Have you been using Tuneshell?

Not with mojo as my mojo isn't here yet, but I use tuneshell for all downloaded music. It's the best, if it doesn't recognize an album right or the artwork I can add artwork from my phone or change the name of an artist/album. It has a good eq-although I'm not sure if it's completely neutral even when it's off-someone would have to confirm this. I enjoy using ifunbox to navigate the iphone directory tree and just drag and drop into the Tuneshell music folder. So simple.

Dec 1, 2015 at 9:05 AM Post #6,086 of 42,765
  Just received my T1's 1st gen.

Running really well with Mojo. Wow.... Plenty of "oomph" and volume. Brilliant. Everything I hoped for, and more. Soundstage precision is exemplary.

Bargain TOTL headphones. Paid 587chf for them. Forget the fact they are 5 years old tech, they sound amazing.

Comment: I think I may have reached the limit of "sharpness" and detail. Any more and it may start to sound a bit weird, like an oversharpened image looks weird.

Hi Salla,
congratulations.Now you must experiment with things like EQ

or even virtual speaker software

Lots of things to do yet- the Mojo/T1 may improve even further

Dec 1, 2015 at 9:18 AM Post #6,087 of 42,765
  Hi Salla,
congratulations.Now you must experiment with things like EQ

or even virtual speaker software

Lots of things to do yet- the Mojo/T1 may improve even further

thanks. Am v pleased with the sound "as is"; getting smoother, the more i listen. Treble is noticeable, but very pure indeed, so I'm loathe to tweak just for now. Need to get used to these puppies as they are :)

Just compared with the K3003's. These are better. No doubt. Wow. Wasn't expecting that. So smooth. Crescendos are handled with no harshness, nor congestion. Gosh. I'm impressed.

This is wonderful stuff.

Dec 1, 2015 at 10:00 AM Post #6,088 of 42,765
Sorry, do you mean measuring when listening to both ports at the same time? I'm drinking.

Pardon me if I got it mixed up but I assume that with that adapter you're intending to split the left and right channel separately between both outputs? Running a separate ground for each channel?

That's what I meant, not sure if it was what you meant too. But yea I did hear of someone doing that, not sure if it's supposed to be better though.

Dec 1, 2015 at 10:44 AM Post #6,089 of 42,765
Looks nice. Sad to hear about the right side falling off. How would you describe the sound with the mojo? Could perhaps compare 1+2 with the shure846?

1+2 has very precise imaging and open soundspace. Everything in a set place. Still really like the 846 but Tranlucents have a unique quality, almost live feel to the music. Had settled on Angie's as my next iem, then heard the 1+1s :). Seems perfect to me with Mojo. An exciting listen, are you considering purchase?

Dec 1, 2015 at 10:53 AM Post #6,090 of 42,765
  I brought my Mojo to a local dealer to try the Beyer T1.2, and if anyone has any doubts as to the Mojo's abilities to drive the 600Ohm T1 to satisfaction, you need not worry. The Mojo could drive the T1 with authority with room to spare - I was on blue color on the two volume balls and felt that it could go higher, way beyond what my ears could bear. The sound remains open, transparent, coherent, and well extended both high and low. The Mojo brings out the best qualities of the T1's and I'm tempted to buy them, but I really need closed headphones and I found my T5p to be a bit too bass-light for my tastes. Next to audition is the AKT5p which I read should be an improvement to the original (Beyer's) T5p especially in the bass department. I'll see how that goes.

I brought my Mojo to the local dealer to audition a set of HD800. The dealer highly recommend I try the T1.2 as, in his opinion, they perform better and I could save a fair chunk of change. He was correct and I agree with your assessment. The Mojo does a wonderful job of driving them. In fact at one point I had both the HD800 and T1.2 hooked up at once. Under the shop conditions the Mojo was truely impressive. I opted to purchased the HD800 over the T1.2 based on comfort for long sessions. For pure musicality a Mojo T1.2 pairing ought to be given strong consideration if seeking open headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back