Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Dec 2, 2015 at 7:11 AM Post #6,121 of 42,765
Holy crap !  I read that 4.3v figure in an online review (their test results) and was impressed - but that Rob confirmed 5 is even more mind-blowing.  I am now extremely interested in getting this nugget.  

What kind of real-world battery times are people getting ? 

I was between 8.5 to 9 hours on average.

Dec 2, 2015 at 11:13 AM Post #6,126 of 42,765
Guys what are your though on Apple CCK cables? I'll be stuck with one until I get an android in 2016. Is the sound quality noticeably bad from the CCK?

Dec 2, 2015 at 11:34 AM Post #6,128 of 42,765
Ok, I just installed the driver on my Windows 10 x64 machine and tried using the Mojo with JRMC v21.  One thing is sure, the ASIO driver is still immature and support less feature than the WASAPI driver.  I normally prefer the ASIO driver, even on my previous iFI DSD Nano.  Unfortunately, the ASIO driver for Mojo is not fully baked.  Eg I can do upsample to 4xDSD using the DoP option with WASAPI drivers but not ASIO/Native (power button turned off).  I can't Bitstream DSD on the ASIO drivers as well (no sound) but I have no problem with WASAPI driver.

I will stick with WASAPI driver for the time being until Chord updates the ASIO driver...
rolleyes.gif

Dec 2, 2015 at 12:01 PM Post #6,131 of 42,765
My Chord Mojo when I plug it in to charge, the charging light comes on but it goes off after 15 seconds or so. I initially thought that it was because it was fully charged but when I switch the unit on the battery indicator is blue. Help?

Dec 2, 2015 at 12:06 PM Post #6,132 of 42,765
  Why would anyone want to spend £500 on a DAP to pair with a Mojo ? Absolutely mental, more money than sense.

Loads of people pair their AK240 or even AK380 with either the mojo or the Hugo.

I'm going to pair my Pioneer with my mojo.

A lot cheaper than my old AK240 paired to my Hugo.

Dec 2, 2015 at 12:13 PM Post #6,133 of 42,765
Guys what are your though on Apple CCK cables? I'll be stuck with one until I get an android in 2016. Is the sound quality noticeably bad from the CCK?

I use one on a 6S. No difference in sound quality as far as I can tell between it and USB from my nMP or Macbook retina. I do find a difference in sound quality depending on the software being used on all my systems. Also, you can cause RF noise to get into the system, if you work at it, using an iPhone. Not an issue in normal use. Haven't been able to do that with an iPod Touch or non cellular iPad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back