Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
May 29, 2017 at 7:52 PM Post #32,431 of 42,765
Sorry for noob question, but can someone tell me what cable i need to connect a m2tech hiface two for my mojo? http://www.ebay.com/itm/M2TECH-HIFACE-TWO-INTERFACCIA-USB-SPDIF-192-Khz-/310801320023

edit: i would probably use the rca version.

Well, you'd want an RCA to 3.5mm mono TS cable. The question is why would you want the m2tech hiface in the first place. The Chord DACs do not benefit from external jitter devices according to the designer, in fact he's repeatedly advised against it. I haven't tested the device though so if you get one plugged in to the Mojo please report back anything you hear.

Last edited:
May 30, 2017 at 11:46 AM Post #32,432 of 42,765
I admit I can't see the need to have such a thing. Just put it low and then gently lift until it's a comfortable volume. What's the need for a spreadsheet? :confused:

LOL - I am inclined to agree with you!

To help prevent permanent hearing loss and tinnitus maybe.

I'm going to preface this by saying that, although he and I have had our differences, I nonetheless appreciate the effort GrumpyOldGuy put into creating the aforementioned spreadsheet.
With that said, I can't help but smile at your remark, @ Hooster - are you really unable to moderate your playback SPL to a sensible level, before and during your listening session(s), without the need for a spreadsheet?:thinking:

May 30, 2017 at 1:55 PM Post #32,434 of 42,765
LOL - I am inclined to agree with you!

I'm going to preface this by saying that, although he and I have had our differences, I nonetheless appreciate the effort GrumpyOldGuy put into creating the aforementioned spreadsheet.
With that said, I can't help but smile at your remark, @ Hooster - are you really unable to moderate your playback SPL to a sensible level, before and during your listening session(s), without the need for a spreadsheet?:thinking:

Sorry, that is just me. I can't do anything without a spreadsheet. I am lost without specs, stats, etc.

I do actually think that some people on here may be permanently damaging their hearing without realizing it. Once that has happened they need a hearing aid. Not high end hifi equipment.

May 30, 2017 at 2:03 PM Post #32,435 of 42,765
all my music comes from spotify extreme subscription- so connecting mojo to my samsung s7 edge smartphone with an otg cable, does the otg cable create a master slave relationship when I click the phones spotify icon and play a song by wiFI, which dac, mojo or phone, processes the music file? will the mojo use its fpga Dac or does the phoneDac process the file and then feed data thru mojo, process again, then pass music to my headphone attached to mojo. To use the mojo dac, must the sound file be saved on the phones ssd

May 30, 2017 at 2:26 PM Post #32,436 of 42,765
Mojo will convert digital to analog when you connect your phone via OTG cable.

The next question is : Will it be bit perfect or will Androids upsampling process interfere :p

For bit perfect Tidal playback on Android many use the App UAPP ... not 100 percent sure about Spotify, since I don't have it.

Cheers

May 30, 2017 at 2:32 PM Post #32,437 of 42,765
all my music comes from spotify extreme subscription- so connecting mojo to my samsung s7 edge smartphone with an otg cable, does the otg cable create a master slave relationship when I click the phones spotify icon and play a song by wiFI, which dac, mojo or phone, processes the music file? will the mojo use its fpga Dac or does the phoneDac process the file and then feed data thru mojo, process again, then pass music to my headphone attached to mojo. To use the mojo dac, must the sound file be saved on the phones ssd

1. OTG stands for On The Go, and an OTG cable has nothing to do with creating network master:slave relationships.
  2. DAC stands for Digital to Analog Convertor, so if your phone DAC is in control, it will convert the digital music signal to analogue signal. If this analogue signal is fed to the Mojo, then you will hear no music, for the simple reason that the Mojo is a DAC, and only accepts digital inputs. Feeding an analogue signal to a Mojo will achieve nothing!
  3. If you phone instead feeds a digital signal to the mojo, then the Mojo can decode this to generate the analogue music signal.

May 30, 2017 at 4:32 PM Post #32,438 of 42,765
Sorry, that is just me. I can't do anything without a spreadsheet. I am lost without specs, stats, etc.

I do actually think that some people on here may be permanently damaging their hearing without realizing it. Once that has happened they need a hearing aid. Not high end hifi equipment.

I take hearing tests now and again. Spotless results.

Seriously, unless you're constantly listening at LOUD volumes, you're fine. It's like not being able to tell when you're getting sunburnt somehow.

May 30, 2017 at 10:38 PM Post #32,440 of 42,765
The fact is that you can't tell when your getting sunburnt. You only notice it after the fact.

The first few times, sure, but once you've had it happen you pick up on the signs pretty quickly.

Not to mention, all you need to do is get an idea of what a safe volume is ONCE, and then you should have a darn good grip on it from then on out.

May 31, 2017 at 6:55 AM Post #32,443 of 42,765
Hey there,

Just wanted to ask if anyone tried the ifi ground hog system with Mojo.

Cheers

May 31, 2017 at 8:59 AM Post #32,444 of 42,765
Can't imagine why you'd need it. The Mojo has no noise/hiss/hum issues that I can hear.

Only problem I'm having is that it seems really finicky about which cables it likes.

May 31, 2017 at 9:18 AM Post #32,445 of 42,765
Can't imagine why you'd need it. The Mojo has no noise/hiss/hum issues that I can hear.

Only problem I'm having is that it seems really finicky about which cables it likes.

I remember that several members said that grounding improved SQ quite a bit.
To be exact I remember someone wondered, why SQ improved when coax was connected (unused) and I reasoned it was due to grounding...Currawong liked my post, back then.

So for 60 Euro I would be willing to give it a try...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back