Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
May 31, 2017 at 11:17 AM Post #32,448 of 42,765
Yeah to be honest I do believe in high quality usb cables myself :p
I love my Forza cables and will soon build my own... just for fun :D

And I do like what galvanic isolation does to my setup...so I will likely try if grounding brings something to the table.

But hey each to their own!

Cheers

May 31, 2017 at 12:57 PM Post #32,450 of 42,765
Jun 1, 2017 at 3:58 AM Post #32,451 of 42,765
Mojo will convert digital to analog when you connect your phone via OTG cable.

The next question is : Will it be bit perfect or will Androids upsampling process interfere :p

For bit perfect Tidal playback on Android many use the App UAPP ... not 100 percent sure about Spotify, since I don't have it.

Cheers

+1 UAPP is a must-have app for android. For the functions and ease of use it is a bargain!

Jun 1, 2017 at 5:01 AM Post #32,452 of 42,765
Is there any comparsion with centrance dacportabe (Im the owner) ?
I think this question was discussed but with this new forum style I cant find option "Search this forum"
Im going to use it with Iphone 7.

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2017 at 5:05 AM Post #32,453 of 42,765
Is there any comparsion with centrance dacportabe (Im the owner) ?
I think this question was discussed but with this new forum style I cant find option "Search this forum"
Im going to use it with Iphone 7.

For search function use the large search box at the top right of the page and enter your search term and select search this thread only.

Jun 1, 2017 at 9:32 AM Post #32,454 of 42,765
+1 UAPP is a must-have app for android. For the functions and ease of use it is a bargain!
Yes, but you only can stream Tidal.
UAPP has not implemented Tidal offline as Tidal has not granted them with the license. This is bad for me as when travelling I play Tidal offline. Tidal support explained me the USB android driver you can find in Android-based DAPs is an implementation of ALSA Linux Drivers replacing te default embedded in Android 5 and above that does upsampling as you don't need to handle other sound sources like phone, alarms, etc.

It is a pitty UAPP does not build a pure USB Android driver to play Tidal natively. I offered them extra money for this product. After iOS fiasco with CCK I wanted to use my Oneplus 3 android smartphone but due to Tidal offline lack I am being forced to buy a mid-fi DAP to pair with Mojo.

In the sub $500 I have down selected FiiO X5III and Cayin i5.
Which one all of you recommend to me?
Any other alternatives?

Jun 1, 2017 at 11:41 AM Post #32,458 of 42,765
I will do.
Do you know if both of them or at least one of them allow digital output to Mojo preferably coaxial?

I don't unfortunately. I know the X5iii does :) I've been looking at them as well, but since I have the X5iii.... I might wait another year or two before looking again.

Jun 1, 2017 at 11:54 AM Post #32,459 of 42,765
Dp x1 has USB out

Dp s1 is supposed to get USB out, later on

NO coax for both

For some reason some DAPs can stream Tidal offline, without upsampling.

Cheers

Jun 1, 2017 at 11:57 AM Post #32,460 of 42,765
How does going to a DAP solve your issue of up sampling or no Tidal offline? Android has the same limitations in DAPs as in phones, unless you know something I don't.

I believe they have custom drivers (they may not be using the Android audio driver set).
0601171153.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back