Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jun 1, 2017 at 12:23 PM Post #32,461 of 42,773
It's just a shame the USB cable this thing comes with is a piece of shiiiiiiit.

Just sitting in my pocket the connection has gotten loose and goofy to the point that UAPP keeps taking a crap because the USB device is "disconnected" every few seconds. I have to buy another just because I legit can't use the thing with my phone.

Jun 1, 2017 at 12:24 PM Post #32,462 of 42,773
I believe they have custom drivers (they may not be using the Android audio driver set).

Interesting. The music player most likely does, but to use Tidal they would have to use the Tidal app which would most likely use the Android audio drivers. I believe that was the way the DP-X1 worked forcing the use of UAPP for Tidal.

Jun 1, 2017 at 12:28 PM Post #32,463 of 42,773
Interesting. The music player most likely does, but to use Tidal they would have to use the Tidal app which would most likely use the Android audio drivers. I believe that was the way the DP-X1 worked forcing the use of UAPP for Tidal.

Look at the picture I posted. That is Tidal, running in offline mode... passing 16bit/44.1KHz file... not being upsampled.

Jun 1, 2017 at 1:47 PM Post #32,465 of 42,773
I see. Thanks and that the FiiO X5 Gen 3 feeding it through Coax, right?
Correct, DIY Coax cable. I just tested it again and turned off WiFi to make sure it wasn't still streaming... and it continued to work as described.

Jun 1, 2017 at 5:38 PM Post #32,466 of 42,773
How does going to a DAP solve your issue of up sampling or no Tidal offline? Android has the same limitations in DAPs as in phones, unless you know something I don't.

Not really, the customized Android version inside each DAP replaces default Android audio drivers by the ones compliant with DAC chipsets inside, usually based on ALSA audio linux drivers.
When you install UAPP you are replacing default Android audio driver by the one provided by UAPP, in my case only activated when connected to Mojo with USB C OTG cable

Jun 1, 2017 at 5:41 PM Post #32,467 of 42,773
I don't unfortunately. I know the X5iii does :) I've been looking at them as well, but since I have the X5iii.... I might wait another year or two before looking again.

Looking at specs, DP-X1 feeds output digital through micro USB B OTG and it's a full Android 5.1.1 but at 800€ almost double than X5III and i5
DP-S1 seems to be a black box where Tidal services is embedded and enabled by firmware updates (other streaming services coming) but I don't find it can feed digital output to an external DAC (Mojo). Price into the 400€, slightly cheaper than X5III/i5

Jun 2, 2017 at 12:32 AM Post #32,469 of 42,773
could mojo and mac users let me know when using usb does audio midi set up show clock source default or clock source mojo? im not worried about the mojo "clock" acting as master over the computer clock as with usb i know the mojo fpga automatically controls timing. what is worrying me is how the mac displays the device who's clock is master. i hope that makes sense. in all my enquiries it seems sometimes clock source default is shown and people are happy or in this case clock source mojo or the name of the dac is shown. i want to know which is correct. some say clock source default refers to the mac clock and some say default refers to the dac clock. for me this seems like a potentially huge thing to overlook as it is important the mac displays the mojo dac clock is being used. can anyone clarify this that would be great? thanks mk (just to reiterate it is the indifference by users as to whether clock source default or clock source mojo is displayed in audio midi set up which puzzles me) on the mojo solutions thread it was made clear to me that mojo should read as the clock source however when contacting a pc audio expert in the UK he was sure that clock source default referred to the connected dac only adding to my confusion.

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2017 at 1:17 AM Post #32,470 of 42,773
could mojo and mac users let me know when using usb does audio midi set up show clock source default or clock source mojo? im not worried about the mojo "clock" acting as master over the computer clock as with usb i know the mojo fpga automatically controls timing. what is worrying me is how the mac displays the device who's clock is master. i hope that makes sense. in all my enquiries it seems sometimes clock source default is shown and people are happy or in this case clock source mojo or the name of the dac is shown. i want to know which is correct. some say clock source default refers to the mac clock and some say default refers to the dac clock. for me this seems like a potentially huge thing to overlook as it is important the mac displays the mojo dac clock is being used. can anyone clarify this that would be great? thanks mk (just to reiterate it is the indifference by users as to whether clock source default or clock source mojo is displayed in audio midi set up which puzzles me) on the mojo solutions thread it was made clear to me that mojo should read as the clock source however when contacting a pc audio expert in the UK he was sure that clock source default referred to the connected dac only adding to my confusion.

Well, your UK PC expert is plainly wrong. The Midi app shows the correct source for the clock no matter what is selected. Default for the built in audio output, Mojo for Mojo, Dave for Dave, etc..

Screen Shot 2017-06-01 at 10.10.04 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-06-01 at 10.09.48 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-06-01 at 10.16.09 PM.png

With all due respect, I think you are worrying too much.

Edit: Please ignore the differences in sampling rate through the Midi app. I never use it and instead use Audirvana+ to output audio through my Mac, which bypasses the Apple Core audio. Don't want you to get confused about anything here.

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2017 at 4:14 AM Post #32,471 of 42,773

Looking at specs, DP-X1 feeds output digital through micro USB B OTG and it's a full Android 5.1.1 but at 800€ almost double than X5III and i5
DP-S1 seems to be a black box where Tidal services is embedded and enabled by firmware updates (other streaming services coming) but I don't find it can feed digital output to an external DAC (Mojo). Price into the 400€, slightly cheaper than X5III/i5

DP S1 is said to get the digital out over USB via firmware update, like the Hidsizs Ap 60.

Got this info from the S1 thread.

Cheers

Jun 2, 2017 at 4:28 AM Post #32,472 of 42,773
hi Relic,
thanks for your patience with me on this point. im collecting my hugo 2 any day now. once i set it up i'll examine the settings carefully again and hopefully everything you say here will appear in the right place. for some reason when i used a modi multibit only on pressing the little plus sign to create an aggregate device did the dac's name show as clock.

where it says source default in your screenshot does that refer to the dave/mojo automatically? also if only one dac was connected just mojo for eg i take it the settings remain the same. if hugo 2 displays correctly on my imac i will ditch this query once and for all and finally enjoy the music. many thanks MK.

Jun 2, 2017 at 4:52 AM Post #32,473 of 42,773
hi Relic,
thanks for your patience with me on this point. im collecting my hugo 2 any day now. once i set it up i'll examine the settings carefully again and hopefully everything you say here will appear in the right place. for some reason when i used a modi multibit only on pressing the little plus sign to create an aggregate device did the dac's name show as clock.

where it says source default in your screenshot does that refer to the dave/mojo automatically? also if only one dac was connected just mojo for eg i take it the settings remain the same. if hugo 2 displays correctly on my imac i will ditch this query once and for all and finally enjoy the music. many thanks MK.

Clock Source: Default only appears when I select the Built-in audio output, otherwise it displays the clock source that corresponds to the selected DAC, which is the correct behaviour. I can't speak to why the Modi didn't show as the clock.

It's pretty black and white and illustrated in the pics I've shown.

Jun 2, 2017 at 5:22 AM Post #32,474 of 42,773
i'm sure the hugo 2 will prompt all the correct settings on my imac. thanks Relic

Jun 2, 2017 at 7:16 AM Post #32,475 of 42,773

Users who are viewing this thread

Back