Chord Hugo
Apr 7, 2017 at 3:07 PM Post #14,941 of 15,692
Quality cables are usually thick, maybe because of sheilding from outside interference.
From supras website about there toslink cable.
"Interference immune - does not react on magnetic, electro magnetic or electrical noise fields
No radiation - does not radiate harmful noise fields
Immune to household electricity - does not add any noise like in many electrical signal transmissions
Complete galvanic isolation - Allows for interconnections between devices with separate earth potentials and phase, e.g. computer, TV and home cinema"

All of those qualities come from the fact that it is an optical cable!

ALL optical cables have those specifications!

Shielding optical cables from outside interference? Give me strength.

Apr 8, 2017 at 5:13 AM Post #14,942 of 15,692
after some listening hours, i think that hugo is better compared to mojo. i don´t know specifications but seems to me that the output power is powerful compared to mojo.
the surprise was bigger when i heard mojo after many years with sigma-delta dacs.
so with the hugo i found a similar resolution but with a better definition in the low section and more body
probably the TT version is slighty better due to the implementation of dual battery and capacitors.
IMHO the price does not justify the difference in terms of sound signature between mojo and hugo. the mojo is a little miracle.
in every case now i´m chord fan. if one day i will have more money, probably i go to an upgrade.
otherwise i´m happy with hugo.
of course, if someone of chords has a big heart, he can give to me a dave or hugo TT for free.
i really appreciate it

Apr 8, 2017 at 6:58 AM Post #14,943 of 15,692
after some listening hours, i think that hugo is better compared to mojo. i don´t know specifications but seems to me that the output power is powerful compared to mojo.
the surprise was bigger when i heard mojo after many years with sigma-delta dacs.
so with the hugo i found a similar resolution but with a better definition in the low section and more body
probably the TT version is slighty better due to the implementation of dual battery and capacitors.
IMHO the price does not justify the difference in terms of sound signature between mojo and hugo. the mojo is a little miracle.
in every case now i´m chord fan. if one day i will have more money, probably i go to an upgrade.
of course, if someone of chords has a big heart, he can give to me a dave or hugo TT for free.
i really appreciate it

That s the beauty of price differentiation there is a chord dac for everyone. The TT is absolutly worth the upgrade from Hugo not just due to the supercapacitors, but Dave I bet is worth it as well. Although that is out of my price point. Funny that I didn't book end, no mojo or Dave for me.

Apr 8, 2017 at 12:33 PM Post #14,944 of 15,692
Probablyone day TT is more affordable.
Dave is really out of my budget.
But about TT, the main board is equal to hugo right?

Apr 8, 2017 at 12:54 PM Post #14,945 of 15,692

No. If you search this thread there are a variety of enhancements but the only thing that really matters is the listening experience. Pulse array, Wta filter, flip flops, galvanic isolation of USB, probably other board enhancements, balanced out xlr...
Now Hugo 2 may narrow the gap from a listening experience.... looking forward to the Canadian tour to find out...

Apr 8, 2017 at 6:26 PM Post #14,946 of 15,692
i really appreciate it

Ha!  Wouldn't we all.  But, you know;  Tanstafl.
Hope I spelled that right.

Apr 8, 2017 at 11:10 PM Post #14,947 of 15,692
No. If you search this thread there are a variety of enhancements but the only thing that really matters is the listening experience. Pulse array, Wta filter, flip flops, galvanic isolation of USB, probably other board enhancements, balanced out xlr...
Now Hugo 2 may narrow the gap from a listening experience.... looking forward to the Canadian tour to find out...

I found this link quite helpful:
http://blog.moon-audio.com/chord-hugo-versus-hugo-tt-differences-explained/

Apr 8, 2017 at 11:57 PM Post #14,948 of 15,692

I found this link quite helpful:
http://blog.moon-audio.com/chord-hugo-versus-hugo-tt-differences-explained/

​I found it worthless.  No comparison between TT and Hugo 2.  Here's a good one.  If you could get a TT for 2K or a Hugo 2 for 2K, which would you choose?

I would choose the Hugo 2, even though I only need desktop DAC.  Thus I wait for 3Qute.

Apr 9, 2017 at 12:02 AM Post #14,949 of 15,692

​I found it worthless.  No comparison between TT and Hugo 2.  Here's a good one.  If you could get a TT for 2K or a Hugo 2 for 2K, which would you choose?

I would choose the Hugo 2, even though I only need desktop DAC.  Thus I wait for 3Qute.

Umm...you realize that this is a comparison between the TT and Hugo right? The blog was released before the Hugo 2 was announced. That's what the subject everyone was talking about and this is NOT the Hugo 2 thread. 
rolleyes.gif

Apr 9, 2017 at 12:03 AM Post #14,950 of 15,692
  Umm...you realize that this is a comparison between the TT and Hugo right?

​Yes, and you realize you quoted someone who wants to make a comparison between the TT and the Hugo 2 with this link?  Although the original questioner wanted a comparison between Hugo and TT which has been debated in this thread ad naseam.  But the real question is, Why would anyone buy a TT for as much or more than a Hugo 2?  For balanced outputs?  Galvanic isolation?  Supercapicitors?

Apr 9, 2017 at 12:04 AM Post #14,951 of 15,692

​Yes, and you realize you quoted someone who wants to make a comparison between the TT and the Hugo 2 with this link?

I think you are in the wrong thread, this is the Hugo thread, not the Hugo 2 thread....look at the conversion going on that I responded to. NOBODY mentioned the Hugo 2 and no one was talking to you.

Sheesh.

Apr 9, 2017 at 12:56 AM Post #14,952 of 15,692

I think you are in the wrong thread, this is the Hugo thread, not the Hugo 2 thread....look at the conversion going on that I responded to. NOBODY mentioned the Hugo 2 and no one was talking to you.

Sheesh.

Sheesh is about it.  Convenient you left out the Hugo 2 mention above.  I wasn't talking to you to begin with either.  Just giving my opinion on the worthless link, fluff for TT and the real question about TT vs. Hugo 2.

Apr 9, 2017 at 1:03 AM Post #14,953 of 15,692

Sheesh is about it.  Convenient you left out the Hugo 2 mention above.  I wasn't talking to you to begin with either.  Just giving my opinion on the worthless link, fluff for TT and the real question about TT vs. Hugo 2.

I left it out because he added it as an adhoc, but it was in no way nothing to do with that conversation as they were discussing the differences between the Hugo and TT (might want to re-read that part again...or look at my post that summed it up). 
wink.gif
 And I don't understand when you say, you weren't talking to me to begin with? You haven't posted on this thread for several days (at least) and were not part of the original conversation, but yet you quoted my post and made a snarky comment literally out of the blue. That does not compute with me? If you don't care about the differences, so? The members who weren't sure of the differences sure seemed to care.

Why is that a "worthless link"? Two members where discussing the differences between the Hugo and TT and missed some of the bigger ones and that link provided a comprehensive list of them. 

For the TT vs. Hugo 2 maybe you should try the Hugo 2 thread or TT thread? 
rolleyes.gif

Apr 9, 2017 at 3:35 AM Post #14,954 of 15,692
The bottom line is the Hugo 1 is basically a discontinued Chord DAC as soon as the Hugo 2 rolls out.  So any comparisons to the other Chord lineup is mute with the Hugo 1. 

On a side note, my move to the 2Qute was a great move from the Hugo 1.  As suspected the Lipo batteries have a poorer sound signature, speed/impedance than the Uptone LPS-1's.  Thus the ability to power the 2Qute with the LPS-1 has far exceeded my expectations or experience with the Hugo 1. 
Holding out for the 3Qute.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back