Chord Hugo
Apr 6, 2017 at 1:12 AM Post #14,911 of 15,688
None of the older first models were black. If it's black, it's of the newer case design.
Yes its black maybe a wrongly manufactured unit then? I have only tried using a toslink cable as its the main socket i will use. And 2 rcas that fitted fine. And from the looks of it i dont think i will have any problem with other connections either.

Apr 6, 2017 at 1:24 AM Post #14,912 of 15,688
Yes its black maybe a wrongly manufactured unit then? I have only tried using a toslink cable as its the main socket i will use. And 2 rcas that fitted fine. And from the looks of it i dont think i will have any problem with other connections either.

It might just be that the toslink cable you have has a large headed plug on it. I recently found a toslink plug with an oversize head that would not fit in the recessed connection in a different DAC. Often the plugs are plastic and it's possible to reduce the outer casing diameter without compromising the innerds of the plug.

Apr 6, 2017 at 8:18 AM Post #14,914 of 15,688
None of the older first models were black. If it's black, it's of the newer case design.

Mine is an older model and black. Small holes and reversed USB socket. Bought it at a time when the newer model was out since quite a while. No problem with it save for the need for some carving work (on the plug) to make an RCA plug fit.

Apr 6, 2017 at 9:00 AM Post #14,915 of 15,688
Received mine today. I'm really curious. I sold the mojo to buy an hugo.
The mojo changed my opinion about music after many years with traditional amplifiers, dac and cd-players. I hope hugo better

Apr 6, 2017 at 9:04 AM Post #14,916 of 15,688
Received mine today. I'm really curious. I sold the mojo to buy an hugo.
The mojo changed my opinion about music after many years with traditional amplifiers, dac and cd-players. I hope hugo better

It is but TT and hd800S even more so and through in gsx mk2 and moi.

Apr 6, 2017 at 9:06 AM Post #14,917 of 15,688
It is but TT and hd800S even more so and through in gsx mk2 and moi.

Sorry but i don't understand your post about gsx and moi
I have no interest on hd-800. I had two in the past. Of course if i had money, i buy a dave LOL

Apr 6, 2017 at 9:44 AM Post #14,918 of 15,688

I hope that you enjoy the Hugo, in my opinion it is more analytical than the Mojo and sounds to have more range. I am tempted by the Hugo2, but at the moment, I am not sure that my age limited ears will be able to appreciate the uplift.

I recommend the case if you intend to use it as a portable device, it certainly protects and in my case holds my AK100 as transport.

Apr 6, 2017 at 10:40 AM Post #14,919 of 15,688

I hope that you enjoy the Hugo, in my opinion it is more analytical than the Mojo and sounds to have more range. I am tempted by the Hugo2, but at the moment, I am not sure that my age limited ears will be able to appreciate the uplift.

I recommend the case if you intend to use it as a portable device, it certainly protects and in my case holds my AK100 as transport.

i received a case too but i will use at home. if i like, in the future an hugo tt with ttoby would be a next step

Apr 6, 2017 at 11:57 AM Post #14,921 of 15,688

Mine is an older model and black. Small holes and reversed USB socket. Bought it at a time when the newer model was out since quite a while. No problem with it save for the need for some carving work (on the plug) to make an RCA plug fit.

Mine is black with the expanded holes, but reversed USB sockets. I thought the revised case design was made quite a while before the black option was available and only applied to the very first batch. It's all here buried somewhere in this thread...

This is the first post I could find in the thread of the revised chassis and this is the original

See page #632 for a discussion on the USB orientation.

Apr 6, 2017 at 2:31 PM Post #14,924 of 15,688

Just out of curiosity, what is it about the TToby that makes it better then other amplifiers at the same price level?

i don´t know but fit perfectly the hugo TT in a small dimension
biggrin.gif

Apr 6, 2017 at 2:41 PM Post #14,925 of 15,688

Users who are viewing this thread

Back