Chord Hugo
Mar 17, 2014 at 10:23 AM Post #1,160 of 15,694
rudi0504

Since you own both  perhaps you could say which i better in terms of absolute SQ between the Hugo and AK240.. I have read some impressions which indicate the difference is negligible.

Is this correct ? What do you think. If you wanted to buy one and only one unit ignoring the portability factor which would it be for use with IEMs ?

This means folks are comparing the output stage of the units? Or they are using the headphone out?

Mar 17, 2014 at 10:29 AM Post #1,161 of 15,694
I have some problems with my HUGO,whether I roll up or down the volume turns to the white color,how can i solve this problem?

Ring chord up and ask them, just hope mine doesn't get the same problems when I get it, everything I seem to buy is faulty

Mar 17, 2014 at 11:00 AM Post #1,164 of 15,694
  When i turn the device on,it is green colour ,the volume goes up whether i roll up or down 

Green when switched on is the correct colour.  But the colour should change (from pink for low volume to white for high volume) as you turn the volume knob. I think you may have to send your Hugo back to the agent or shop for servicing. Not much choice here.

Mar 17, 2014 at 3:52 PM Post #1,166 of 15,694
Has anyone noticed the tech spec on Chord website? 
I am no expert here but I think there might be some issues. 
In the interview video with John Franks in Japan he claimed the total hormonic distortion was 140dB.
But on their website:
• THD – 1KHz 3V output: 0.0005%
• Dynamic Range: 120dB
• Output impedance: 0.075 ohms
• Damping factor >100

Does the output 0.0005% means THD here? If so, I googled it and found it's equivalent to 106dB. 

Mar 17, 2014 at 4:36 PM Post #1,167 of 15,694
Who cares?!? I certainly don't as it's the sound quality that counts and it is sublime.

Has anyone noticed the tech spec on Chord website? 
I am no expert here but I think there might be some issues. 
In the interview video with John Franks in Japan he claimed the total hormonic distortion was 140dB.
But on their website:
• THD – 1KHz 3V output: 0.0005%

• Dynamic Range: 120dB

• Output impedance: 0.075 ohms

• Damping factor >100

Does the output 0.0005% means THD here? If so, I googled it and found it's equivalent to 106dB. 

Mar 17, 2014 at 4:41 PM Post #1,168 of 15,694
Well I don't care either coz I don't own one.
deadhorse.gif

If the info on the internet are inconsistent, someone might think it's kinda cheating. 
I just watched the interview again and realised he clearly said SNR is 140dB not THD. 
So the info given in this post is a little bit misleading. http://www.head-fi.org/t/698455/chord-hugo-preview-report

Mar 17, 2014 at 5:44 PM Post #1,169 of 15,694
I really don't think that your criticism is valid, especially as you've stated that you don't care about this alleged 'inconsistency', which beggars the question why draw attention to it in the first place?!?

Well I don't care either coz I don't own one.:deadhorse:
If the info on the internet are inconsistent, someone might think it's kinda cheating. 
I just watched the interview again and realised he clearly said SNR is 140dB not THD. 
So the info given in this post is a little bit misleading. http://www.head-fi.org/t/698455/chord-hugo-preview-report

Mar 17, 2014 at 5:50 PM Post #1,170 of 15,694
I really don't think that your criticism is valid, especially as you've stated that you don't care about this alleged 'inconsistency', which beggars the question why draw attention to it in the first place?!?

No offence but I don't know why you got so serious about this. I post this because someone might care especially for those who are still thinking about getting it. I just want to justify false information.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back