Chord Hugo
May 31, 2015 at 3:30 PM Post #10,816 of 15,692
Will need to go back to chord for one of two things, hopefully the protection circuit is fried which is the much cheaper problem. However if it is the board then that could be costly.

Since the Hugo runs from the battery and not the DC in, I would think that the circuit for the battery would be fried and not the rest of the circuit. That would be my assumption. 

May 31, 2015 at 3:32 PM Post #10,817 of 15,692

Will need to go back to chord for one of two things, hopefully the protection circuit is fried which is the much cheaper problem. However if it is the board then that could be costly.

Since the Hugo runs from the battery and not the DC in, I would think that the circuit for the battery would be fried and not the rest of the circuit. That would be my assumption. 

Uhh...well I tried to turn the Hugo on.  It won't turn on.  So that probably means the board is fried?

May 31, 2015 at 3:36 PM Post #10,818 of 15,692

Uhh...well I tried to turn the Hugo on.  It won't turn on.  So that probably means the board is fried?

It gets it current from the batteries. If the circuit is fried for the batteries then it won't turn on. You will know once you send it back to Chord .

May 31, 2015 at 5:38 PM Post #10,819 of 15,692
I have a question.  I bought a chord hugo 2nd hand from a head-fi'er and I accidently ran 19a electricity through it (forgot to turn down the external battery).  So now my Hugo is fried.  Can this be fixed or do I have to buy a new one?

Hey,
I ran the same problem before and I sent them back for repair. It took about a month and I came back working like a charm...

Jun 1, 2015 at 5:15 AM Post #10,822 of 15,692
whilst I was talking to Chord earlier it has not gone unnoticed that some company's are offering 'third-party' power-supply's for use with the Hugo... can I strongly recommend that you only use the power-adapter/charger that comes supplied with the Chord Hugo, using a third-party power-supply could seriously damage your Hugo and invalidate the warranty in the process.

Jun 1, 2015 at 8:54 AM Post #10,824 of 15,692
you should of received a email from Chord advising you on how to progress with things, hopefully you'll have solution to your problem soon.

Thank you. As instructed, I have contacted Canada's dealer for Chord products (Bluebird Music) and am just waiting for a reply back. Thanks again.

My experience with bluebird has been very good. Im sure you will have same.

Jun 1, 2015 at 11:57 AM Post #10,825 of 15,692
Hello guys.

Need some help here.
This is my 2nd set of Hugo and its USB connection is failing me for the 2nd time. Did any of you experience such scenario?

I've used multiple cables to test the connections. No sound is coming out from Hugo.
I've tried to use Bluetooth and it works.

My previous experience also shares the same thing that is happening now. Is this a technical fault? I'll have to call the agent for a replacement and an explanation.  Please share if you have similar issue. 

Jun 1, 2015 at 11:30 PM Post #10,826 of 15,692
My experience with bluebird has been very good. Im sure you will have same.

Glad to hear that. I think that i my warranty contact too but I am waiting for my dealer to get back to me after I gave him my color and serial number about five days ago. I am in no rush because i am using the headphone out to rca male->female cables. i just wanted to get conformation that they will be able to fix it under warranty so i can send it and they will be ready. Want to time the loss of the unit for a month for when i am working not vacation time when i want to use it. So I won't even send it till later in June anyway.

Jun 2, 2015 at 11:35 PM Post #10,827 of 15,692
So I fried mine, of my own acChord, and hit up Drew at Moon, my original retailer, and he referred me to: 

"The Service Department."

This my best course of action?

Jun 3, 2015 at 12:58 AM Post #10,828 of 15,692
  So I fried mine, of my own acChord, and hit up Drew at Moon, my original retailer, and he referred me to: 

"The Service Department."

This my best course of action?

Wow. Not impressed by what Moon-Audio has told you. They just don't seem to be a Chord-designated repair people nor do they retail any Chord stuff.
Like it has been mentioned a number of times on this thread already, contacting Bluebird Audio will get you somewhere.

Jun 3, 2015 at 1:24 AM Post #10,829 of 15,692
Jeff: Indeed Moon Audio doesn't have a retail location, not that it would make any difference. I'm guessing if you broke your own unit, you'd have to buy a new one outright, hence the recommendation for a repairer? Because a shop sells a product, they aren't necessarily going to repair it, especially if there is no system in place for such a thing to do be done by, or on behalf of the manufacturer.

Jun 3, 2015 at 2:12 AM Post #10,830 of 15,692
  Jeff: Indeed Moon Audio doesn't have a retail location, not that it would make any difference. I'm guessing if you broke your own unit, you'd have to buy a new one outright, hence the recommendation for a repairer? Because a shop sells a product, they aren't necessarily going to repair it, especially if there is no system in place for such a thing to do be done by, or on behalf of the manufacturer.

Oh, I'm not the one with a broken Hugo. @SoundFreaq was the one with a fried Hugo who was seeking help. I guess my wording was confusing.
There has been many people on this thread who have fried their Hugos because of the usage of wall warts that is not from Chord.
What people from Chord suggested and many did is contact Bluebird and discuss the individual problems with Chord directly.

And anyway, I was talking about Bluebird because they are the people who take care of Chord warranty in North America, as far as I know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back