Chord Hugo
Jun 3, 2015 at 2:58 AM Post #10,831 of 15,694
I never expected Drew or Moon to do any sort of repair, but just thought he might be a good resource to recommend someone to talk to since he is a distributor. So I was running Drew's referral by you all in case anyone'd had experience with that group. 

Sounds like I should contact Bluebird. 

Thanks

Jun 3, 2015 at 4:07 AM Post #10,833 of 15,694

yes this is a authorised Chord repair centre that services North America, you should contact Steve Leckrone in the first instance, hth.

Interesting to know such a place exists. I don't have a problem but if I were to send a Hugo with an issue to Bluebird, the Hugo would not go to Chord in England but a repair centre in North America? I'm just curious. Thank you.

Jun 3, 2015 at 4:39 AM Post #10,834 of 15,694
  Interesting to know such a place exists. I don't have a problem but if I were to send a Hugo with an issue to Bluebird, the Hugo would not go to Chord in England but a repair centre in North America? I'm just curious. Thank you.

In the first instance all products get sent to Steve at 'The Repair Centre' whom is a first-rate engineer, products are in general serviced by him but on the odd occasion owing to the 'fault' found it may be necessary to send the product to the UK.

Chord have used Steve's services for a long period, he offers a much speedier service for Chord's North American customers and cuts down on more expensive shipping cost... you will receive the same customer-service using 'The Service Centre' as you would from Chord Electronics in the UK, hth.

Jun 3, 2015 at 6:07 AM Post #10,835 of 15,694
  $25 (150 RMB) one-cable solution for iPod Touch / iPhone / iPad
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=43233663546

$25 (150 RMB) one-cable solution for ZX2 / ZX1 / F880 series / A10 series
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=45034655500

hello seeteeyou,

very good looking cable solution but I have a few questions about it. maybe you can help.

1. this would be the option needed for hugo to iPhone 6? lightning转micro
2. how can I choose the length? it should be as short as possible to connect the two devices.
3. is paypal possible on taobao?

thank you :)

Jun 3, 2015 at 7:19 AM Post #10,836 of 15,694
Hello Sappy,

The thing is, it's a relatively large micro USB connector because of the relatively thick plastic and the size might not be a good fit for Hugo's recessed jacks

arChMLh.jpg

We better request a slimmer one that's similar to something like this

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=26821888173

QaNkI8y.jpg

Bo7bguX.jpg

azLn7E1.jpg

n6GWG4g.jpg

Just a few examples

p02eixO.jpg

3Ys3Ha3.jpg

v0SqQPS.jpg

We need an Alipay account for making payments and a Tao Bao account for placing orders. It's easier for those of us here in Hong Kong since we could also pay with PPS or even an Octopus card.

Otherwise, we'll have to either pay some fees for a "taobao agent" or ask someone in China to help us out.

Jun 3, 2015 at 7:42 AM Post #10,837 of 15,694
I very appreciate your afford in explaining this issue to me but this feels even more complicated now. I think I will stick with an adapter solution for now. but a big thanks for your time!

Jun 3, 2015 at 8:51 AM Post #10,838 of 15,694
You're very welcomed.

It's tough when they won't ship internationally, that's why we might have to pay $199 for another Hugo-friendly Lightning to micro USB cable instead

http://ppaproduct.blogspot.com/2013/07/usb-cable.html

JyD9InO.jpg

gbrQGN9.jpg

Jun 3, 2015 at 1:13 PM Post #10,839 of 15,694
  Please forgive me if this is a really stupid question or if it has already been answered; but I see that several people have listened to the Hugo through Stax SR-009s, and some have used the same type amp I have, a Spritzer KGSSHV. The question I have is if the Hugo only has unbalanced RCA outputs, how do you connect it to the KGSSHV, which only has balanced XLR inputs? Do you use some kind of converter, or do you connect the Hugo up to a preamp or something?

Thanks very much!

I think you search alot , you could use cable like this one  :

Jun 3, 2015 at 6:43 PM Post #10,841 of 15,694
Oh, I'm not the one with a broken Hugo. @SoundFreaq
 was the one with a fried Hugo who was seeking help. I guess my wording was confusing.
There has been many people on this thread who have fried their Hugos because of the usage of wall warts that is not from Chord.
What people from Chord suggested and many did is contact Bluebird and discuss the individual problems with Chord directly.

And anyway, I was talking about Bluebird because they are the people who take care of Chord warranty in North America, as far as I know.

Just as a warning. Bluebird would only help you if you actually bought the product from one of their dealers...which probably makes sense. I was directed to Bluebird (the NA dealer) by chord, but because I bought my Hugo 2nd hand from a Headfier, the local dealer for Bluebird redirected me Back to Chord. I'm now waiting for a reply back from chord for further instructions.

I greatly appreciate the link for the service department as I don't know when I would get a reply back from Chord (it's only been a day). I am going to email Steven to see if he can help. Thanks again.

Jun 3, 2015 at 7:28 PM Post #10,842 of 15,694
Oh, I'm not the one with a broken Hugo. @SoundFreaq
 was the one with a fried Hugo who was seeking help. I guess my wording was confusing.
There has been many people on this thread who have fried their Hugos because of the usage of wall warts that is not from Chord.
What people from Chord suggested and many did is contact Bluebird and discuss the individual problems with Chord directly.

And anyway, I was talking about Bluebird because they are the people who take care of Chord warranty in North America, as far as I know.

Just as a warning. Bluebird would only help you if you actually bought the product from one of their dealers...which probably makes sense. I was directed to Bluebird (the NA dealer) by chord, but because I bought my Hugo 2nd hand from a Headfier, the local dealer for Bluebird redirected me Back to Chord. I'm now waiting for a reply back from chord for further instructions.

I greatly appreciate the link for the service department as I don't know when I would get a reply back from Chord (it's only been a day). I am going to email Steven to see if he can help. Thanks again.

Yes that makes sense as i did buy from an authorized retailer supplied by bluebird. In this case i was looked after promptly.

Jun 3, 2015 at 8:00 PM Post #10,843 of 15,694
Yes that makes sense as i did buy from an authorized retailer supplied by bluebird. In this case i was looked after promptly.

I wish they told me that from the beginning if that is indeed the case.  I had a very strong feeling this was the case, which was why I made sure to specifically point out that I bought it 2nd hand from Head-fi on every correspondence.  It would have saved me a trip.  Although the kind gentleman at the local dealer did tell me to buy locally next time in order to help support the local economy...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back