Chord Hugo
Aug 29, 2014 at 6:02 PM Post #7,924 of 15,694
Also anyone experience with Crossfeed modes, I figure I play around with it today since since they made a whole separate section and button for it and I can tell a pretty moderate difference between the settings in my 2 Channel setup. With it off, Soundstage has more depth and more transparent where in max mode, the Soundstage depth shrinks but sound becomes more warmer and full. More intimate feeling. It's quite a difference for my system...

Aug 29, 2014 at 7:17 PM Post #7,925 of 15,694
Also anyone experience with Crossfeed modes, I figure I play around with it today since since they made a whole separate section and button for it and I can tell a pretty moderate difference between the settings in my 2 Channel setup. With it off, Soundstage has more depth and more transparent where in max mode, the Soundstage depth shrinks but sound becomes more warmer and full. More intimate feeling. It's quite a difference for my system...

When I tried it, I accidentally activated it (the first mode after off, whichever one that is). To me it made the center imaging a little more clear to me, but it made the soundstage width seem smaller. I actually enjoyed it and it's much better than whatever Light Harmonic does with their 3D Awesomifier...that crossfeed effect is just lame.

Aug 29, 2014 at 9:17 PM Post #7,927 of 15,694

Here are Chord Electronics set-ups for the Ipswich Show...
normal_smile .gif

Just turn-up & you'll be entered into the raffle-draw to win 'Hugo the Black'...
tongue_smile.gif

Chord's flagship Red-Reference system...

Aug 30, 2014 at 2:28 AM Post #7,928 of 15,694
i just want to ask would chord sell the black chassis so we can switch the chassis

also when is the new case going to be released, its been tooooooooooooooooooo long

Aug 30, 2014 at 3:00 AM Post #7,930 of 15,694
Already posted before the black colour is a one-off for promotional purposes and apparently the team may not even be happy the finish of these testers is 100%!

Addressing the second query, certain countries or regions may have consumer legislation that says you can return a product within weeks of purchase under certain conditions. Nowhere can you use something for six-months and then swap it for a reason as transitory as "the colour".

What is any company going to do with boxes of returns with various degrees of scratches and usage marks. You can certainly try walking into an Apple store and ask them to swap out your six-month iPhone. Nothing wrong with it other than the colour. You will still walk out with the same handset.

Aug 30, 2014 at 3:24 AM Post #7,931 of 15,694
After seeing / lusting after the Red Reference in OK-Guy's post above, it made me think - that is upscaled to 176.4khz - now, would the Hugo benefit from me upscaling my music...

I know Rob Watts says PCM (44.1khz) is best for Hugo, but if they share the same blood-line...

Hmm... might have to have a play around with dbpoweramp....

Aug 30, 2014 at 4:43 AM Post #7,932 of 15,694
I think you mean that using an up-sampler is a bad idea, and yes its better to let Hugo do it.The standard algorithms are poor, with insufficient tap length, just let Hugo do it properly. Now the Red reference is a 18K WTA up-sampler, and because it is a 4 times up-sampled, it is equivalent to Hugo running with 36,864 WTA taps, so you would get an improvement by using the Red reference with Hugo. But this is the only exception to the rule!    

Rob 

Aug 30, 2014 at 4:47 AM Post #7,933 of 15,694
Hi Rob,

Indeed, I get it completely (had to do it to find out for myself :wink:) - Anyhow off-board upsampling isn't the same...

A good experiment nonetheless...

Aug 30, 2014 at 7:21 AM Post #7,935 of 15,694
i have a question i am using the onkyo app on my iPod to play music connected to hugo so shall i avoid using the up sampling option in onkyo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back