Chord Hugo
Aug 30, 2014 at 8:09 AM Post #7,936 of 15,692
i have a question i am using the onkyo app on my iPod to play music connected to hugo so shall i avoid using the up sampling option in onkyo
That was the point I was alluding to in my post, which Rob confirmed - the Hugo does a better job in itself than upsampling at source...

Aug 30, 2014 at 11:55 AM Post #7,938 of 15,692
Just get a Vertere :)

Thanks, but the name sounds a bit too upscale euro for me. I just ordered a "black dragon" from moon that fits my working man ethos better and besides, living on the left coast of north america, buying stuff in pounds scares me 
tongue.gif

Aug 30, 2014 at 12:19 PM Post #7,939 of 15,692
  Thanks, but the name sounds a bit too upscale euro for me. I just ordered a "black dragon" from moon that fits my working man ethos better and besides, living on the left coast of north america, buying stuff in pounds scares me 
tongue.gif

No one except the British like pound, believe me. :) I like Euro myself. Britain is so expensive. I wonder if Scotland will vote yes or no to independence... I hope they say no.

Aug 30, 2014 at 12:43 PM Post #7,940 of 15,692
I just tried 2 different DSD files (MacBook Air, Amarra 3.0, Amarra Playlist) with Hugo (HD USB) and there are clicks when playing the tracks. Does anybody experienced the same - or has somebody an idea what needs to be done ?
Thanks in advance.

Aug 30, 2014 at 12:58 PM Post #7,941 of 15,692
My experience was the driver AISIO didn't work well with Windows 7 - so I switched to WASAPI and problem solved. I corresponded with Matt Bartlett of Chord who was helpful if you don't get some help off this site. His e-mail is : matt@chordelectronics.co.uk
I'm not an apple user - so won't have anything useful to offer.

Aug 30, 2014 at 1:04 PM Post #7,942 of 15,692
Those of us living in England don't have a choice with the pound.

Ok Guy - any sign of a leather case yet?

Aug 30, 2014 at 1:13 PM Post #7,943 of 15,692
My experience was the driver AISIO didn't work well with Windows 7 - so I switched to WASAPI and problem solved. I corresponded with Matt Bartlett of Chord who was helpful if you don't get some help off this site. His e-mail is : matt@chordelectronics.co.uk
I'm not an apple user - so won't have anything useful to offer.

With Apple, a special driver driver is not needed. Anyway, to contact Chord directly is probably a good idea - thanks !

Aug 31, 2014 at 5:27 AM Post #7,946 of 15,692
Listening to Otis Redding hd album The Dock of the Bay.
This is the first album which I prefer using the crossfeed turned on.
Gives a better balance, but cannot help feel a little guilty I am somehow altering the purity of how it should sound.

Aug 31, 2014 at 6:09 AM Post #7,947 of 15,692
  I just tried 2 different DSD files (MacBook Air, Amarra 3.0, Amarra Playlist) with Hugo (HD USB) and there are clicks when playing the tracks. Does anybody experienced the same - or has somebody an idea what needs to be done ?
Thanks in advance.

First, try the other USB port on your MB Air. If that doesn't work, try Audirvana instead. Amarra is notoriously buggy.

Aug 31, 2014 at 6:56 AM Post #7,948 of 15,692
I'm sure the pops and clicks you are hearing have got nothing to do with software you are using. Sounds more like a hardware problem really. And Amarra 3.0.2 is actually pretty stable. Use the hardware diagnostics to check what is connected to your internal USB hubs. This might give you a clue. Also check if you are running processor intensive tasks ....

Aug 31, 2014 at 7:10 AM Post #7,949 of 15,692
Anyone using the Hugo with IECMs like the Noble K10? Looking at a more portable setup to put together with enduring quality and awesome SQ.

Aug 31, 2014 at 7:48 AM Post #7,950 of 15,692
  Anyone using the Hugo with IECMs like the Noble K10? Looking at a more portable setup to put together with enduring quality and awesome SQ.

im using my hugo with a dx90 and fitear tg334. sounds fantastic to me. waiting on a pair of lcd x to arrive by the end of the week. hope the hugo will be a good match. cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back