Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread
Jun 14, 2017 at 5:23 PM Post #4,411 of 22,537
you are right Hooster. the problem is that the dealer says a black one could arrive tomorrow or even july or august. so far chord have sent them one silver unit. sending one unit sounds strange by chord as the dealer told me he put in a large order.

Jun 14, 2017 at 5:25 PM Post #4,412 of 22,537
can you use soundizz to copy a you tube playlist to spotify? just an idea. i may have to decide in the morning whether to grab a silver unit or wait for an unspecified time for a black one. the culmination of my dac journey. what do i do??ummm
Only you can decide based on can you bear to wait for your Hugo 2, and could you live with the silver unit.
I pre-ordered the silver unit, then when I later saw the black units with lit balls, I started to mildly regret ordering silver. However now that i can see in some of the photos of black units, that they can be magnets for fluff, I know in my heart that my cat sheds too much hair and dust, and consequently the silver unit will be best for me.
The dust/fluff/hairs criteria is non-musical, but it may be important to some owners who like all the gear to look smart at all times.

Jun 14, 2017 at 5:38 PM Post #4,414 of 22,537
you are right Hooster. the problem is that the dealer says a black one could arrive tomorrow or even july or august. so far chord have sent them one silver unit. sending one unit sounds strange by chord as the dealer told me he put in a large order.
Chord stated that their target was shipping 1000 units in June, and then the rest of the pre-orders in July. If many dealers have ordered 20 units, then it is likely that many of them cannot receive all their order during June.
If you look at the selection of pictures on the Chord facebook page, of the Hugo 2 in production, then there are pictures of the cases, on their location jigging when being anodised. The cases will be produced in batches of one colour, then the other colour, and so chord may be receiving black cases for a few days, and then silver cases for the next few days. Ultimately this could dictate the colour of each batch of units that get shipped by Chord, so it is understandable if the dealer has only received silver units so far.

Jun 14, 2017 at 6:04 PM Post #4,415 of 22,537
thanks mike i have till morning to decide. if person 2 in the queue takes the silver H2 then my decision will have been made for me.

Jun 14, 2017 at 6:34 PM Post #4,416 of 22,537
Call me old fashioned, but in my ignorance I have always assumed that pre ordering would put you at the front of the production queue...especially with colour choice stipulated as precise marker for production line numbers? Presumably down to black being a longer process!....

Jun 14, 2017 at 6:47 PM Post #4,417 of 22,537
thanks mike i have till morning to decide. if person 2 in the queue takes the silver H2 then my decision will have been made for me.
If you really like black audio gear, and have black laptop etc is worth to wait for a black Hugo 2 IMHO.
I don't regret not getting silver. Black is so much cooler :) with all the lights on.

Jun 14, 2017 at 7:49 PM Post #4,418 of 22,537
OT:

This a very interesting Pure Digital Drive technology from Dnote that can transfer the full digital signal all the way to the driver, that will most likely revolutionise the headphone and DAC industry.

Pure Digital Drive system, allowing to operate without the sound-degrading D/A converter. By utilizing Trigence Semiconductor’s Dnote chipset, can processing the digital audio signal and transferring it to directly to the drivers of a headphone where the digital pulses of the chipset move the voice coil and diaphragm forward and backward to create the sound waves heard by the listener.

IMG_4327.JPG

I read about this tech for a couple of years ago and now the technology seems to have established, with great results.

What is your opinion Rob about this, something you are looking into that can be adapted into Chord or improved by you long experience and knowledge you think?

Source:

https://www.trigence.com/dnote

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2017 at 12:24 AM Post #4,419 of 22,537
OT:

This a very interesting Pure Digital Drive technology from Dnote that can transfer the full digital signal all the way to the driver, that will most likely revolutionise the headphone and DAC industry.

Pure Digital Drive system, allowing to operate without the sound-degrading D/A converter. By utilizing Trigence Semiconductor’s Dnote chipset, can processing the digital audio signal and transferring it to directly to the drivers of a headphone where the digital pulses of the chipset move the voice coil and diaphragm forward and backward to create the sound waves heard by the listener.

I read about this tech for a couple of years ago and now the technology seems to have established, with great results.

What is your opinion Rob about this, something you are looking into that can be adapted into Chord or improved by you long experience and knowledge you think?

Source:

0.35% THD and noise at 1W? Do I really need to say any more?

Jun 15, 2017 at 12:29 AM Post #4,420 of 22,537
OT:

Not sure about that. This seems like a solution for mass produced consumer audio. Not high fidelity as an audiophile would know it.

"APPLICATION
  • Automotive Audio System
  • Docking Station for Smart Phone
  • USB Speaker, Wireless Speaker, Boom Box
  • USB Headphone, Wireless Headphone
  • Lap Top PC, Tablet PC and LCD Monitor
  • Amusement Machine
  • Digital TV and Sound Bar
  • Smart Phone and Cellar Phone
  • Music Instruments
  • Audio System for Facility
  • USB-DAC for PC"
PS: You pipped me to the post by 5 minutes, Rob, well done.

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2017 at 2:04 AM Post #4,423 of 22,537
Jun 15, 2017 at 2:13 AM Post #4,424 of 22,537
Musickid, my preference would be the silver as it is a more cheerful colour and does not show up paw prints and dust, etc.

Get it earlier and if it does not meet your expectations you can tell us all and then sell it on quickly. :ksc75smile:

Jun 15, 2017 at 2:21 AM Post #4,425 of 22,537
For me ots ALL about the SOUND. I will not be looking at any gear just pick a track or folder and look elsewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back