JPS Labs Abyss AB-1266 Phi V2
Magna planar headphones.
Probably the two best headphones in the world?
UltraSone Edition 12 just for easy listening with velvety highs.
Headphone Amp Inventory:
Have a SimAudio Moon 600 V2 in all black with blue/green display on order.. coming soon
Ifi Pro Ican
Great tactful sound with high transparence and great resolution.
It sounds thin in the upper mids like a gitarr or voces are very thin bodied.
Ifi iMicro dsd Black Lable
Fuller sound than the Ican Pro.
Sim Audio Moon Evolution 600i DualMono balanced speaker amp, and is
the best SS amp i have heard with headphones.
True transparent fluid visceral airy sound, with a great weight and richness.
Chord Electronics DAVE , have a world class amp !
Chord Hugo 2 Black -Sold
Chord Mojo Black, can drive the Abyss, but not to its full potential.
Wells Audio HeadTrip pure Class A 25 Watt Balanced Headamp, very nice control and attack! Cant handle DAVEś high 6v output, so the input stage are clipping and distorts. It reduce the transparency overall with about 20% in my opinion.
Chord Hugo Black DAC/ AMP
To veil and sharp and thin.
Lacked of power with only 0,5 Watts. .
AudioValve Solaris World class hybrid Tube / SS Electrostatic / OTL amp 8-12 watt Dual Mono.
Where a little to warm and soft, and lacked of power in the presentation.
Woo Audio WA5 Black Ed Tube amp
Nicely sounding amp, but hide allot of the inner detail in the music, with a warm articulated sound because it is a Tube amp.
It miss out in transparency and control and attack a little to uncontrolled in the bottom end.
Cavalli Crimson Tube / SS hybrid
Lacked in control / you have wished it had a little more drive and articulation and visceral bass.
Schiit Ragnarok SS Amp 2x100watt 8 Ohm
it was a little to much Lo - Fi stereo amp sound for me, and sounded very dry and not so musically.
Sim Audio Moon 430 Neo
The finish and feeling in the volume nobe is world class, and you can easy be tricked by it and think it have to sound good just because of this.
But the sound liquid and almost 90% transparent to the source, but the rest of the 10% is to neutral and thin and lacked out in power and control.
Audio-GD NFB-1 Balanced Class A 2x 7.0 watt @ 50 Ohm AMP ( Mini Master 9 )
To numb and not so extended in the bass area, and was not quite transparent to the DAC source. Sounds very much like the Sim Audio 430neo but worse.
Pathos Aurium Tube / MOSFET hybrid 2x 1.1 watts Class A @ 50 Ohm AMP
Very high resolution / detailed amp , perfect for a studio with headphone monitors, but it did not have any warmth or bass, and run out of power with only 1.1 watt @ 46 Ohm.
The build quality is world class and the volume got great feeling, but more for Audize LCD-X cans.
dCS Rossini DAC
dCS Rossini Master Clock
dCS Network Bridge clock streamer
dCS Puccini Player / DAC
( Worlds best DSD SACD/CD-player )
dCS Puccini Master Clock
Chord Electronics DAVE Black ( Probably the worlds best DAC at the moment ?! )
Incl Chord Modular Coral alu stand.
Chord Electronics Mojo Black
Chord Electronics Hugo Black
MSB Analog DAC silver with the upgraded Powersupply.
Modules: Network Renderer / Toslink / Coax S/pdif