Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Mar 7, 2024 at 8:00 AM Post #18,601 of 18,773
ED told me this morning that message means:

The server connection message refers only to the apps ability to collect the updated firmware information, which it cannot do in your case. Do you have any additional security settings on your phone that limit IP tracking or anything of this nature ? In 100% of cases thus-far, this problem has been resolved by using another network with a different firewall to access the server from a mobile phone so I’m confident we can find a solution in your case.
Thanks. I also have a poly and mojo 2 and did not experience this. only difference i see is my 2go is hooked up via Ethernet rather than WiFi, let me try WiFi and see if it works.

Mar 7, 2024 at 9:38 AM Post #18,602 of 18,773
Thanks. I also have a poly and mojo 2 and did not experience this. only difference i see is my 2go is hooked up via Ethernet rather than WiFi, let me try WiFi and see if it works.
WiFi worked, though, now a separate issue, website says 1.61 is latest for 2go but mine despite running update is 1.6. Will post in the 2go forum to see if any one has run into this issue.

Mar 7, 2024 at 1:24 PM Post #18,603 of 18,773
I need to get a new Micro SD card for my Poly. My existing 400 GB Sandisk is no longer recognizable on my Poly and my Mac. I’m looking at the Sandisk 1.5TB Micro SD card. I can’t find any reference to maximum card capacity in the Chord specs nor anything in this thread.

Is anyone using a 1.5TB card in their Poly? Does it work?

Mar 7, 2024 at 1:27 PM Post #18,604 of 18,773
I need to get a new Micro SD card for my Poly. My existing 400 GB Sandisk is no longer recognizable on my Poly and my Mac. I’m looking at the Sandisk 1.5TB Micro SD card. I can’t find any reference to maximum card capacity in the Chord specs nor anything in this thread.

According to Chord, Poly has no maximum capacity SD card limitation.

Mar 7, 2024 at 1:59 PM Post #18,605 of 18,773
According to Chord, Poly has no maximum capacity SD card limitation.
And there it is:
Untitled.jpg

Thanks. I was checking the specs...

BTW, the card is available from B&H in the U.S. for $109.99. Pretty good price!

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2024 at 2:00 PM Post #18,606 of 18,773

IIRC, 2TB is the largest the poly can accept. This was based on when it came out that 2TB was fairly new and larger capacities were not on the horizon. That was several years ago. If 2TB isn't the largest the poly can go, it may be the largest that is reasonably usable.

Mar 7, 2024 at 2:02 PM Post #18,607 of 18,773
And there it is:
Untitled.jpg

Thanks. I was checking the specs...

I think there's more to it than that. I remember reading about the 2TB caveat. The description and technical specs haven't changed in several years.

Mar 7, 2024 at 2:12 PM Post #18,608 of 18,773
IIRC, 2TB is the largest the poly can accept. This was based on when it came out that 2TB was fairly new and larger capacities were not on the horizon. That was several years ago. If 2TB isn't the largest the poly can go, it may be the largest that is reasonably usable.

AFAIK, the SDXC standard tops out at 2TB. There is a SDUC standard that goes to 128 TB but you will need a SDUC host which may or may not be a simple firmware upgrade...

Mar 7, 2024 at 2:27 PM Post #18,609 of 18,773
AFAIK, the SDXC standard tops out at 2TB. There is a SDUC standard that goes to 128 TB but you will need a SDUC host which may or may not be a simple firmware upgrade...

That sounds familiar. Someone would have to email Chord to see if the poly supports the SDUC standard. I would doubt it. The processor in the poly isn't stellar, so indexing even 2TB could be fairly painful.

Mar 7, 2024 at 2:44 PM Post #18,610 of 18,773

The maximum card capacity is 2Tb because that is the maximum specified in the SD card standard.
In the real world such large card sizes are rarely available at prices acceptable for most users.
This means that we are all reliant on enthusiasts buying the large Gb cards, and testing them for functionality.
They should work, but everyone crosses their fingers.

Mar 9, 2024 at 6:45 PM Post #18,612 of 18,773
Trying to update my Poly firmware. Current firmware is 3.2.0. App version is 003.000.010. Gofigure keeps telling me that my Poly's firmware is up to date. Tried to update using my phone and two different tablets with the same result. If anyone can give me some suggestions to make this work, I'd be grateful.

Mar 10, 2024 at 4:00 AM Post #18,613 of 18,773
Mar 10, 2024 at 5:10 AM Post #18,614 of 18,773
Mar 10, 2024 at 5:30 AM Post #18,615 of 18,773
Thanks. I noticed that post before. It seems to indicate that app version 003.000.010 is needed to perform the firmware update, but I already have that version of the app installed.
You're right, I misread your comment.
Try clearing the cache from the app settings, if it still doesn't work, it also deletes the storage space, but this last thing will force you to repeat the pairing procedure with your Poly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back