Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Mar 23, 2024 at 2:46 AM Post #18,631 of 18,757
I have been trying to update my Poly and it just doesn't seem to work. It shows updating and then after restart it's till the old firmware. I tried it on a bunch of devices from iOS to Android and now my Poly's P.status light is solid white after turning off my Mojo 2 and when I disconnect it and there's not power going to it the light stays solid white. I tried pressing the config button and that does nothing, and it doesn't get picked up in the GoFigure app.

I stating to think this firmware update just bricked my Poly, it's disconnected from the Mojo 2 and micro USB power and 10 hours later the light is still white. @Rob Watts please don't leave us hanging. There is no info on status light staying solid white sitting by itself on battery power, 10 hours later. Maybe it will drain by tomorrow. Thinking of selling my Chord gear as I've had nothing but issues for months, had to send my Hugo 2 in and every time they said bad batteries, replaced sent back and another issue with a scratch, send it back and repeat the cycle. It's like fix it or replace it, don't keep saying we replaced the batteries all set.
Rob has very little to do with Poly, its a Chord product you need to contact Chord support which is very good by the way, better than you'd get from a lot of other manufacturers.

Several users have had the same issue recently, Chord are probably working to fix the issue. Lots of people have issues with Poly in general. I have myself gone though phases of love/hate with it, for the moment I too have stopped using it, I'm not selling yet though.

Mar 23, 2024 at 5:43 AM Post #18,632 of 18,757
I have been trying to update my Poly and it just doesn't seem to work. It shows updating and then after restart it's till the old firmware. I tried it on a bunch of devices from iOS to Android and now my Poly's P.status light is solid white after turning off my Mojo 2 and when I disconnect it and there's not power going to it the light stays solid white. I tried pressing the config button and that does nothing, and it doesn't get picked up in the GoFigure app.

I stating to think this firmware update just bricked my Poly, it's disconnected from the Mojo 2 and micro USB power and 10 hours later the light is still white. @Rob Watts please don't leave us hanging. There is no info on status light staying solid white sitting by itself on battery power, 10 hours later. Maybe it will drain by tomorrow. Thinking of selling my Chord gear as I've had nothing but issues for months, had to send my Hugo 2 in and every time they said bad batteries, replaced sent back and another issue with a scratch, send it back and repeat the cycle. It's like fix it or replace it, don't keep saying we replaced the batteries all set.
I had that issue of the poly light staying on even when disconnected. I was told by Chord that the answer was to leave it to run out of power "which could take up to 12hrs". I laughed and said, "12hrs? It's a tiny led: the point of them is that they don't use a lot of power". To my relief though, it only took 24hrs to run flat. Then I was able to use the hardware reset button to factory reset and set up from scratch again. It's something of an omission that there's no hard powerOff , similar to how the goFigure app sometimes tells you to close the app to perform an operation but provides no way to actually close it other than crashing it - 'janky' is the word for Chord kit IMO.

Mar 23, 2024 at 6:29 AM Post #18,633 of 18,757

Yes this must be very frustrating for you, but don't lose heart completely just yet.
A few years ago Poly had the 'blue light bricking' issue where it would become bricked whilst displaying a blue status light.
The short term solution was to let the battery drain completely, and then restart the Poly.
The long term solution was to update the firmware.
So try the same approach now, and see if that brings you short term relief.

@MarkParity is correct in that @Rob Watts has nothing to do with writing the code for the Chord streamers (Poly and 2Go).
Chord have no in-house coding team, the coding for dacs/upscalers etc is outsourced to Rob, and the coding (and circuit board design for Poly) for streamers was outsourced to a firm called DisignConsultants.

Rob cannot help you, so email support@chordelectronics.co.uk and see what they propose.

Mar 23, 2024 at 9:09 PM Post #18,635 of 18,757
The light finally turned off I plugged it back in to charge for at least 3-4 hours and both status lights won’t turn on, even used the config button to reset and no luck. Not recognized by the GoFigure app, go figure… I will contact Chord and see what they say. At least the Mojo 2 works flawlessly.

Mar 24, 2024 at 9:42 AM Post #18,636 of 18,757
After many years of happy and successful use of my Poly, it is now time for me to swap out the battery. My battery is not lasting long following a full charge and there is a disconnect between the battery indicator on Gofigure (~50%) and what I see on the P-status LED (orange to red).

A few questions
1) Where can I get a Chord-authorized battery (or something reliably close) in the U.S.?
2) Is there a video showing how to swap out the battery? I found this one really helpful for Mojo OG (and would love to find something like that for the Poly).
3) Is the battery swap less complicated for the Poly as described here?

Thanks,
David

Mar 24, 2024 at 10:03 AM Post #18,637 of 18,757
After many years of happy and successful use of my Poly, it is now time for me to swap out the battery. My battery is not lasting long following a full charge and there is a disconnect between the battery indicator on Gofigure (~50%) and what I see on the P-status LED (orange to red).

A few questions
1) Where can I get a Chord-authorized battery (or something reliably close) in the U.S.?
2) Is there a video showing how to swap out the battery? I found this one really helpful for Mojo OG (and would love to find something like that for the Poly).
3) Is the battery swap less complicated for the Poly as described here?

Thanks,
David
Struggling to remember any references to Chord-authorized batteries.
One complication not mentioned in the link, was the need to make sure that the light tube used for the MStatus light, does not become misaligned when you reassemble the Poly case - misalignment can lead to the light not being visible.

Mar 24, 2024 at 11:09 AM Post #18,638 of 18,757
I just replaced my Poly battery - I tired four different 103450 replacements and only one works - link below.
A 103454 also works but is about 1mm too large to fit in the Poly case.

Note that the battery that works is 2200 mAh. The others that I tried were 2000 mAh.
Also the working battery reads 3.7-3.8 W on a multimeter. The others were 3.9 to 4.1 W.

Amazon link.
https://a.co/d/1fEc6oz

Be sure to not remove the PCB board from the case - this will dislodge the optic light, which is challenging to replace.

I’m only on day 2 of the replacement - so far no issues on battery only power. Ran 4 hours yesterday, will do some more tests today.

I can post my Poly battery replacement notes with pictures if anyone is interested.

My question for the group is regarding the Mojo battery. I replaced mine about 3 years ago from hifipro.ca but they no longer carry it.
I don’t trust the replacements from Amazon or AliExpress. Open to suggestions.

Mar 24, 2024 at 11:15 AM Post #18,639 of 18,757
I just replaced my Poly battery - I tired four different 103450 replacements and only one works - link below.
A 103454 also works but is about 1mm too large to fit in the Poly case.

Note that the battery that works is 2200 mAh. The others that I tried were 2000 mAh.
Also the working battery reads 3.7-3.8 W on a multimeter. The others were 3.9 to 4.1 W.

Amazon link.
https://a.co/d/1fEc6oz

Be sure to not remove the PCB board from the case - this will dislodge the optic light, which is challenging to replace.

I’m only on day 2 of the replacement - so far no issues on battery only power. Ran 4 hours yesterday, will do some more tests today.

I can post my Poly battery replacement notes with pictures if anyone is interested.

My question for the group is regarding the Mojo battery. I replaced mine about 3 years ago from hifipro.ca but they no longer carry it.

It would be great to see your notes. Moon Audio had a Mojo replacement some years back when I needed it.

Mar 24, 2024 at 11:25 AM Post #18,640 of 18,757
Here is a picture of my original Mojo and Poly batteries.

Mojo is a 6534650 - 7.4 V, 1650 mAh
Poly is a LP113452 - 3.7 V, 2100 mAh.

I’m confident that the 103450 that I posted from Amazon is a working replacement for the Poly.
I’m listening to mine right now.

https://a.co/d/7y46n0T

IMG_8259.jpeg

Mar 24, 2024 at 11:29 AM Post #18,642 of 18,757
You are right to not trust all the batteries from Amazon or AliExpress.
However some owners have been successful with those batteries.
From memory the key point is that some of the very cheap batteries, are cheap because they don't contain the battery management circuit board that the Chord replacement battery contains. Some of the less cheap batteries from Amazon or AliExpress do contain a suitable battery management circuit board.

Hopefully someone can post a link to those batteries for you.
You may get some more links if you post on the Mojo OG thread as well.

Mar 24, 2024 at 11:59 AM Post #18,643 of 18,757
Agree on the battery management.

When the battery starts to fail - you will constantly drop the 2.4 ghz hotspot mode connection.
The battery status will go 70 and less on a full charge.
The poly should work perfectly if it’s attached to a power source.

I just bought a 4 pack of the 103450 from the Amazon link.
I’m down 4 percent in the last 30 minutes.

These appear to be good. I’ll upload my notes later today.

Attachments

• IMG_8264.jpeg
    IMG_8264.jpeg
    823.1 KB · Views: 0
Mar 25, 2024 at 12:19 AM Post #18,644 of 18,757
Here is the authorized U.S. Chord Electronics repair information. If you want factory parts installed, you must set up an RA (Return Authorization) and send in your Poly, as they do not sell batteries—only offer service replacements. They offer battery replacement services for all Chord products.

The Sound Organisation
p: 972-234-0182
a: 1009 Oakmead Drive, Arlington, TX, 76011
w: soundorg.com

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2024 at 5:35 AM Post #18,645 of 18,757
Could someone share with me what the UI looks like on a cellphone when driving the Chord/Poly combo off an SD card? Just trying to imagine in my head how selecting albums and playing songs looks like with local content on a Poly. Thanks.
It depends on what app you're using. There are quite a few options. I use Rigelian and it's just like the sort of thing you'd get on a DAP with a screen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back