Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Mar 10, 2024 at 2:55 PM Post #18,616 of 18,818
I cannot for the life of me get my Poly to update to 3.2.

I’ve tried several times, I’ve tried power cycling, reset to factory settings, changing networks. GoFigure recognises that there is a pending update that needs to be downloaded and installed, but however when I click to install the update, the Poly status light cycles through a few colours but then changes to a white light. GoFigure quickly loses its connection to the Poly at this point and the white light doesn’t change except for a single blink and then back to solid white. It does this every time.

I’m running on a iPhone and GoFigure is up to date.

Im at my wits end and cannot think of anything else I can do to get this working.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

Mar 10, 2024 at 3:12 PM Post #18,617 of 18,818

I’ve tried several times, I’ve tried power cycling, reset to factory settings, changing networks. GoFigure recognises that there is a pending update that needs to be downloaded and installed, but however when I click to install the update, the Poly status light cycles through a few colours but then changes to a white light. GoFigure quickly loses its connection to the Poly at this point and the white light doesn’t change except for a single blink and then back to solid white. It does this every time.

Im at my wits end and cannot think of anything else I can do to get this working.

My advice is just chill, and don't get stressed.
There does seem to be an issue with updating Poly via the ios version of GoFigure.
There is always the possibility that Poly has updated, but the ios GoFigure cannot display the updated info.
If you can, try and check Polys status with a phone/tablet with the Android version of GoFigure, just to check if the update has in fact happened.

I updated using the Android GoFigure, and the update is very fast, blink and you will miss it, and for a while I did think that nothing had happened.
You can always email support@chordelectronics.co.uk and talk to them, but I would hope that by now they are aware that some ios users are experiencing difficulties.

Mar 10, 2024 at 3:16 PM Post #18,618 of 18,818
My advice is just chill, and don't get stressed.
There does seem to be an issue with updating Poly via the ios version of GoFigure.
There is always the possibility that Poly has updated, but the ios GoFigure cannot display the updated info.
If you can, try and check Polys status with a phone/tablet with the Android version of GoFigure, just to check if the update has in fact happened.

I updated using the Android GoFigure, and the update is very fast, blink and you will miss it, and for a while I did think that nothing had happened.
You can always email support@chordelectronics.co.uk and talk to them, but I would hope that by now they are aware that some ios users are experiencing difficulties.

:) Sorry if I came across as un-chill haha, just a bit frustrating :) I have a few Android DAPs around, I’ll see if any of them are reasonably good enough to run GoFigure on there instead, thanks for the tip :)

Mar 13, 2024 at 7:40 AM Post #18,619 of 18,818

Exactly having the same situation.
Not only on iOS, but also on Android.

When I want to update the firmware:
  • On my Samsung S24, it says v3.0.0 is installed and the firmware is up to date.
  • On my iPhone 11, it says there is v3.2.0 available and shows a button for update. When I click on that button (while the power is plugged) update starts and then ends in one second with a message saying, “Device Disconnected”
I tried several times, but one phone is saying v3.0.0 is the latest update and the other even doesn’t install v3.2.0 (constantly crashing during firmware update) and I really don’t know what to do in this very moment.

None of them saying even there is a v3.2.4 update :)

My brain burned while thinking out what can I do more.

Any good/working/tested advice would really be appreciated on my end also.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2024 at 1:22 PM Post #18,621 of 18,818
I contacted chord and there seem to be issues with the update servers. (Contacted them a week ago)
My poly is also on 3.0. Even a manual update via the config button, does not work for me.
Updating still does not work and man, have I spent hours and hours trying…
Thanks for your update.
The Chord announcement of the update included 'This crucial firmware update will migrate units to an all-new server which is imperative in ensuring continued smooth operation for your device' - I think they forgot to include the word 'not' somewhere in the statement. :beerchug:

Mar 16, 2024 at 1:29 PM Post #18,622 of 18,818
I contacted chord and there seem to be issues with the update servers. (Contacted them a week ago)
My poly is also on 3.0. Even a manual update via the config button, does not work for me.
Updating still does not work and man, have I spent hours and hours trying…
I also contacted them and got the same feedback.
They say their old update server cannot handle the load and therefore they will switch into a new one.
But what is annoying is that they're not able to tell a timeframe for this change to take effect.
Simply we will sit and wait until famous Chord done its job.
Considering we're only talking about a simple file server change for a well-known tech. company like Chord, this is really unbelievable.
There is also no single line of information on their web page that the Poly Update is not working/available at the moment.
It's like a joke indeed.

Mar 16, 2024 at 1:44 PM Post #18,623 of 18,818
Does anyone know why my Chord Poly doesn't work with my 12.9 M1 iPad Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max?

I just checked on my 16" M1 Max MacBook Pro, and from the MacBook Pro I can access the SD cards no problem and play music. But on my iPad and iPhone, not possible. It's all on the exact same network.

The Chord 2Go has the same issue. From my Mac, I can access the SD cards, but not from the iPhone or iPad.

UPnP / DLNA is working on my iPhone and iPad, because other devices are showing up. The only devices not showing up are the Chord Poly and 2Go.

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2024 at 1:52 PM Post #18,624 of 18,818
Does anyone know why my Chord Poly doesn't work with my 12.9 M1 iPad Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max?

I just checked on my 16" M1 Max MacBook Pro, and from the MacBook Pro I can access the SD cards no problem and play music. But on my iPad and iPhone, not possible. It's all on the exact same network.

The Chord 2Go has the same issue. From my Mac, I can access the SD cards, but not from the iPhone or iPad.

UPnP / DLNA is working on my iPhone and iPad, because other devices are showing up. The only devices not showing up are the Chord Poly and 2Go.
What app are you using on iOS/iPadOS? I play files from Poly’s MicroSD card from my 12.9” M1 iPad Pro using Rigelian with no problem.

Mar 16, 2024 at 1:56 PM Post #18,625 of 18,818
What app are you using on iOS/iPadOS? I play files from Poly’s MicroSD card from my 12.9” M1 iPad Pro using Rigelian with no problem.

Mconnect. Yes, I have heard great success stories with Rigelian but it is a subscription based app that I would like to avoid.

Quite strangely, I just found my old iPhone 11 Pro Max and with Mconnect both the 2Go and Poly are showing up.

Let’s see for how long that last.

Mar 16, 2024 at 2:02 PM Post #18,627 of 18,818
Mar 16, 2024 at 2:38 PM Post #18,629 of 18,818
I wonder if a recent firmware update affected UPnP. I connected to Poly using Glider (which doesn’t seem to be in development anymore), which can connect via UPnP or MPD. It works fine with MPD but I get an error when I try using UPnP.

Somehow, I now managed to get it working on my iPhone 15 Pro Max also. No idea what I did, but it's now playing from the SD cards and using UPnP /DLNA as output.

Total mystery why it decided to work now.

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2024 at 8:24 PM Post #18,630 of 18,818
I have been trying to update my Poly and it just doesn't seem to work. It shows updating and then after restart it's till the old firmware. I tried it on a bunch of devices from iOS to Android and now my Poly's P.status light is solid white after turning off my Mojo 2 and when I disconnect it and there's not power going to it the light stays solid white. I tried pressing the config button and that does nothing, and it doesn't get picked up in the GoFigure app.

I stating to think this firmware update just bricked my Poly, it's disconnected from the Mojo 2 and micro USB power and 10 hours later the light is still white. @Rob Watts please don't leave us hanging. There is no info on status light staying solid white sitting by itself on battery power, 10 hours later. Maybe it will drain by tomorrow. Thinking of selling my Chord gear as I've had nothing but issues for months, had to send my Hugo 2 in and every time they said bad batteries, replaced sent back and another issue with a scratch, send it back and repeat the cycle. It's like fix it or replace it, don't keep saying we replaced the batteries all set.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back