Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Dec 7, 2022 at 12:42 AM Post #17,431 of 18,756
MPDelux works well to play from the SD card. Can you say a bit about how Mojo2 drives Stealth and Expanse?
I’m on iOS and can’t find that app. If I search in the App Store, what kind of app am I searching for?

Dec 7, 2022 at 2:09 AM Post #17,433 of 18,756
Is it possible to stream music from the device (Android) to the Poly using the UPnp Renderer function of UAPP?
Possibly yes because I am using BubbleUPNP to stream from my Android device to Poly.
So since the UAPPP has a UpnP application embedded you can do it.

Dec 7, 2022 at 7:35 AM Post #17,434 of 18,756
I'm now back to my local Chord dealer who kindly provided me with a Poly to test, I connected it to my Mojo2 and carried out various tests.

I was able to play from MicroSD via M.A.L.P. app but there was no way to play the files on my device (android) both in wifi mode connected to the device hotspot and in Poly hotspot mode, by connecting my device to it. With BubbleUpnP I could see the files from the MicroSD but it didn't reproduce, which I was able to do with M.A.L.P. as already mentioned.

With UAPP, on the other hand, it did not see the MicroSD and it wasn't possible to transmit music to the Poly in any way.

Have any of you managed to get UAPP to work as a wifi controller with the Poly? I paid for this app and since it has the UPnP protocol and it should work with the Poly.

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2022 at 8:53 AM Post #17,435 of 18,756
I’m on iOS and can’t find that app. If I search in the App Store, what kind of app am I searching for?
Sorry, it’s spelled MPDluxe:

1670421207985.png

Dec 8, 2022 at 9:23 AM Post #17,436 of 18,756
Have upgraded to the mojo 2 + poly combo and have not looked back since. Besides the buttons, they are a great portable and desktop option for hifi audio

Upgraded from the mojo + poly combo and it really does make a difference. Also have been finding it very easy to stream from having both a MacBook Pro (+Roon) and Poly connected to man iPhone. Seems to be ideal for being out at the office, at least.

Dec 9, 2022 at 11:50 AM Post #17,437 of 18,756
I'm now back to my local Chord dealer who kindly provided me with a Poly to test, I connected it to my Mojo2 and carried out various tests.

I was able to play from MicroSD via M.A.L.P. app but there was no way to play the files on my device (android) both in wifi mode connected to the device hotspot and in Poly hotspot mode, by connecting my device to it. With BubbleUpnP I could see the files from the MicroSD but it didn't reproduce, which I was able to do with M.A.L.P. as already mentioned.

With UAPP, on the other hand, it did not see the MicroSD and it wasn't possible to transmit music to the Poly in any way.

Have any of you managed to get UAPP to work as a wifi controller with the Poly? I paid for this app and since it has the UPnP protocol and it should work with the Poly.
Bubble UPnP works with my Poly and my 2GO and all DLNA devices since the first day I use its.

With Bubble UPnP, You have to select Poly like renderer.
To do that, When you select a reader/
You will see : in French
Lecteur Local
Chord Poly YourPolyName
USBaudioPlayerPro

If you choose Chord Poly: Your playlist will be played with Poly.

At this place you see the renderer fonction of UAPP. You can choose it and the playlist will be playable in the APP UAPP.

In BubbleUPNP: in the Library: You can find UAPP Server. It is the server function of UAPP.

USBaudioPlayerPro and UAPP Server are the names fixed in the tools UPnP renderer of the APP UAPP.
From this point, you can understand that the functionality UPNP are working in each apps Bubble UPnP and UAPP.
But from the first day i use UAPP (before the poly exist) UAPP always use the USB output of the smartphone.
I never find the place to select a reader DLNA compatible
I never find the place to select between the USB way or one renderer way like Poly, 2go or my TV who is DLNA compatible.

I resume: In Bubble UPnP
I have to select in the library of the Poly, the album and place it in the the playlist. It is the server function.
If I play the playlist, it will be sended to the smartphone.
After, I have to choose the player. It is the renderer function.
If I select the Chord Poly, the Poly will play.
If I select USBaudioPlayer PRO, The smartphone will use the USB output of the smartphone.

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2022 at 12:27 PM Post #17,438 of 18,756
Hi-

Hi-Fi Cast is a good alternative to BubbleUPnP. It is easier to configure. UPnP Tools is a useful app which can tell you whether Poly is advertising itself as a UPnP server and renderer.

Dec 9, 2022 at 1:54 PM Post #17,439 of 18,756
I was able to set up using a microSD card on Poly fairly easily and it sounds great! It took a moment to have the music play through Poly vs the phone, but figured it out. Using Glider atm, may try Rigelian too.

Poly + Roon is an improvement over the phone dongle connection and the microSD card is an improvement over Roon.

Using the Mojo 2 + Poly with the Meze Lirics -- really, really nice.

Dec 9, 2022 at 3:05 PM Post #17,440 of 18,756
what I hate about BubbleUPnP, Hifi Cast, MConnect is that they insert any audio present in the device into the music library, I find the audio from WhatsApp, Messenger and so on, without the possibility of deciding the folder where my Flacs are present what which instead is possible to do with UAPP.

Is there a way to use only UAPP exclusively to reproduce the files of my device in Poly and the files of the MicroSD? I don't want to use other Apps that I don't like at all

Dec 9, 2022 at 3:24 PM Post #17,441 of 18,756
what I hate about BubbleUPnP, Hifi Cast, MConnect is that they insert any audio present in the device into the music library, I find the audio from WhatsApp, Messenger and so on, without the possibility of deciding the folder where my Flacs are present what which instead is possible to do with UAPP.

Is there a way to use only UAPP exclusively to reproduce the files of my device in Poly and the files of the MicroSD? I don't want to use other Apps that I don't like at all
USB audio player PRO. ALL is in the name. USB. USB. USB. This App uses only USB.
The name is not : DLNA audio player PRO.

In BubleUPnP
Select library
Chord Poly: ”your Poly name”
Browse Folders
and you will see all the directory on your SDCard.

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2022 at 7:43 AM Post #17,443 of 18,756
USB audio player PRO. ALL is in the name. USB. USB. USB. This App uses only USB.
The name is not : DLNA audio player PRO.

In BubleUPnP
Select library
Chord Poly: ”your Poly name”
Browse Folders
and you will see all the directory on your SDCard.
Actually the Cast feature is being tested on UAPP and will probably be implemented next year

Dec 10, 2022 at 11:37 AM Post #17,444 of 18,756
It is difficult to find definitive answer in the forum, so I come up with an iPhone specific question(s).

1) Is Mojo+Poly definitely a better SQ combination than to go with Mojo cabled to the iPhone?
(some of the opinions seemed to be from the “yes” group, though I wanted to ask anyway)

2) if going in Mojo+Poly direction, with iPhone, for on the go, which is the best way in terms of SQ to go other than the SD card in Poly? I got lost in the myriad of options there are with Poly…

E.g. Apple Music Lossless + AirPlay + mconnect + iPhone as Wi-Fi hotspot for Poly? Is that actually the so called hybrid mode?
Or do other streaming services (TIDAL? Qobuz? Other?) preserve better SQ when streaming from iPhone to Poly? (I assume BT is out of question, right?)

Long question short - how to get the best SQ (after SD card in Poly) from iPhone and Mojo (whether wired or Polied)?

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2022 at 11:51 AM Post #17,445 of 18,756
I’m totally confused. If I select a playlist from GoFigure, bit perfect on, and then go to any other MPD app I can change the volume in the app. Looks like I don’t get a bit perfect playback at all. What can I do?
Bit perfect setting in Gofigure is for Gofigure only. It does not affect other apps. For MDP app, set the volume to max to get bit perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back