Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Dec 18, 2022 at 11:37 AM Post #17,461 of 18,778
I believe I might have the same issue.

I reached out to Chord UK and am working with Ed in tech support.

In my case the seller had already updated the firmware to 3.0. But Chord support thinks it might be corrupted. The seller has been gracious to send me his Mojo1, so that I can do the firmware update again. Hopefully that will fix my issue also. Will see.

it’s nice to know that there is a support team in the USA though
Ed is a good guy so hopefully everything will be fine soon.

Dec 20, 2022 at 1:38 PM Post #17,464 of 18,778
Guys, I'm definitely torn whether or not to buy the Poly for my Mojo 2.

The use I make of it is purely on the go outside the house and keeping it stacked and connected via usb to my smartphone is really inconvenient even if it allows me to use it with my favorite apps.

How do you use your Poly+Mojo outside the home? which app do you use and which of the modes that Poly (wifi/hotspot/bluetooth) allows is more congenial to you?

and finally the most important thing: is there really a difference in terms of SQ between using Mojo2 via USB and Mojo2+Poly via Wifi or MicroSD?

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2022 at 9:38 AM Post #17,465 of 18,778
Guys, I'm definitely torn whether or not to buy the Poly for my Mojo 2.

The use I make of it is purely on the go outside the house and keeping it stacked and connected via usb to my smartphone is really inconvenient even if it allows me to use it with my favorite apps.

How do you use your Poly+Mojo outside the home? which app do you use and which of the modes that Poly (wifi/hotspot/bluetooth) allows is more congenial to you?

and finally the most important thing: is there really a difference in terms of SQ between using Mojo2 via USB and Mojo2+Poly via Wifi or MicroSD?
Isn’t that what this whole thread is about?

But, here is one post: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cho...on-1st-page-◄★☆.831347/page-776#post-14693281

Yes, the SQ is the best out of Poly, equal to optical as far as I can hear. I would add MPDluxe to the apps for using the SD card.

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2022 at 12:19 AM Post #17,466 of 18,778
Dec 23, 2022 at 9:39 AM Post #17,467 of 18,778
So how do I setup the MPDluxe to play music from my SD card? Thanks
Use GoFigure to set up Poly on your WiFi network. In MPDluxe “settings” click on “connections” and add [your-poly-name].local and “port” 6600. Password should be blank. Under “output” select [your-poly-name] and then “browse” you sd card and play!

Dec 24, 2022 at 12:56 AM Post #17,468 of 18,778
Isn’t that what this whole thread is about?

But, here is one post: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chord-electronics-☆-poly-☆-wireless-microsd-module-for-mojo-☆★►useful-info-on-1st-page-◄★☆.831347/page-776#post-14693281

Yes, the SQ is the best out of Poly, equal to optical as far as I can hear. I would add MPDluxe to the apps for using the SD card.
I am a recent owner of the Mojo 2 + Poly. I use it with Roon at home and on the go I use the SD card with the MConnect App on iOS. I like it a lot however I still have one issue: on the go I cannot get perfect gapless playback with MConnect: there is a little glitch sound at each change of song. Is MPDluxe able to do gapless correctly?

Dec 24, 2022 at 2:34 AM Post #17,469 of 18,778
I am a recent owner of the Mojo 2 + Poly. I use it with Roon at home and on the go I use the SD card with the MConnect App on iOS. I like it a lot however I still have one issue: on the go I cannot get perfect gapless playback with MConnect: there is a little glitch sound at each change of song. Is MPDluxe able to do gapless correctly?
Replying to myself, I tried MPDluxe and indeed it is doing perfect gapless playback from the SD card ... goodbye MConnect, hello MPDluxe :)

Jan 1, 2023 at 7:49 AM Post #17,470 of 18,778
Jan 1, 2023 at 11:17 AM Post #17,471 of 18,778
Finally I bought the Poly for my Mojo 2, i use it mainly outside the home so I'm mainly interested in the hotspot function of the Poly to which I can connect my smartphone using MPD client, the problem is that it doesn't always work correctly, while i have no problem in wifi mode connected to my home modem, MPD client doesn't always connect to Poly's hotspot. The right configuration should be: Hostname/IP adress 192.168.1.1 port 6600, when i can connect it's fine but if I decide to turn off the Mojo2Poly and turn it back on later during the day, it doesn't reconnect correctly.

I think it depends on the Poly hotspot because I have tried different MPD Clients

Anyone using Poly in Hotspot mode with an MPD client know the solution to this problem?

Jan 1, 2023 at 11:49 AM Post #17,472 of 18,778
Finally I bought the Poly for my Mojo 2, i use it mainly outside the home so I'm mainly interested in the hotspot function of the Poly to which I can connect my smartphone using MPD client, the problem is that it doesn't always work correctly, while i have no problem in wifi mode connected to my home modem, MPD client doesn't always connect to Poly's hotspot. The right configuration should be: Hostname/IP adress 192.168.1.1 port 6600, when i can connect it's fine but if I decide to turn off the Mojo2Poly and turn it back on later during the day, it doesn't reconnect correctly.

I think it depends on the Poly hotspot because I have tried different MPD Clients

Anyone using Poly in Hotspot mode with an MPD client know the solution to this problem?
I am using the hotspot mode when I am on the go (from my iPhone 12 mini), I am now using the MPDluxe client to access the music files stored on the Poly SD card. I switch the hotspot off when I finish listening. Each time I want to connect to the Poly again I first go in the Chord Go Figure app to activate the Poly hotspot and then my iPhone remembered the Poly hotspot and reconnects to it without any issue.

Jan 1, 2023 at 12:22 PM Post #17,473 of 18,778
I am using the hotspot mode when I am on the go (from my iPhone 12 mini), I am now using the MPDluxe client to access the music files stored on the Poly SD card. I switch the hotspot off when I finish listening. Each time I want to connect to the Poly again I first go in the Chord Go Figure app to activate the Poly hotspot and then my iPhone remembered the Poly hotspot and reconnects to it without any issue.
how is your MPD client configured?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back