Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Jan 2, 2019 at 8:19 AM Post #11,626 of 18,801
I also sold my Chord Poly. I'm happy now that I'm finally rid of this non-functioning ****! The credulous naive second-hand buyer will probably soon be very frustrated ... But luckily that's not my problem!

Now I'm back to the roots ... Chord Mojo + Hidiz's AP60 dap as a transport. The sound quality of this combo is also much better than the Mojo-Poly. That's pretty clear. There are worlds in between! You can hear that immediately, you can believe me! You believe every mump, anyway, haha!

Happy New Year!

I'm one of these credulous naive second-hand buyers :)

I'm excited to hear 'something' out of my new-to-me poly (I've had my mojo for a while and love it). I've been trying to set up my iPhone as a hotspot for about 3hours now. The Poly doesn't seem to want to connect to it. In the GoFigure app, I just get a message that "WiFi is not availble in Hotspot Mode. You cannot set up new networks in Hotspot mode. You may delete existing ones or enable WiFi mode." [My firmware is up to date if that matters]

When I turn off WiFi, then the poly disconnects from my iPhone and I need to start all over again.

I'm sure the Poly is wonderful after it is set up, but this is really a horrible experience for a customer to go through.

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2019 at 8:27 AM Post #11,627 of 18,801
I'm one of these credulous naive second hard buyers :)

I'm excited to hear 'something' out of my new-to-me poly (I've had my mojo for a while and love it). I've been trying to set up my iPhone as a hotspot for about 3hours now. The Poly doesn't seem to want to connect to it. In the GoFigure app, I just get a message that "WiFi is not availble in Hotspot Mode. You cannot set up new networks in Hotspot mode. You may delete existing ones or enable WiFi mode." [My firmware is up to date if that matters]

When I turn off WiFi, then the poly disconnects from my iPhone and I need to start all over again.

I'm sure the Poly is wonderful after it is set up, but this is really a horrible experience for a customer to go through.

Sorry, i read this all the wrong way around. If you want poly to connect to your iphone hotspot, then you setup that Hotspot as a wifi connection within GoFigure.

Poly should not be in Hotspot mode, thats for when you want Poly to be 'server', and run automously from your phone.

Out of interest what activity do you want to do ? Use airplay or playback via SD card ?

Then make sure that your hotspot (on your phone) is discoverable. I slide up the control panel (bottom up slide on iphone) then click - Personal Hotspot Discoverable.

gof-network.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2019 at 8:54 AM Post #11,628 of 18,801
Sorry, i read this all the wrong way around. If you want poly to connect to your iphone hotspot, then you setup that Hotspot as a wifi connection within GoFigure.

Poly should not be in Hotspot mode, thats for when you want Poly to be 'server', and run automously from your phone.

Out of interest what activity do you want to do ? Use airplay or playback via SD card ?

Then make sure that your hotspot (on your phone) is discoverable. I slide up the control panel (bottom up slide on iphone) then click - Personal Hotspot Discoverable.

There are two “hotspot” features with Poly. When Poly is in “hotspot” mode via its slider, then Poly is acting as the Eifi Server and you phone can connect to it (Poly), but Poly will not connect to anything else. If you want to use your Phone as the hotspot (mode two), then Poly’s slider is off and Roon mode is also offf. Then you can connect to your phone. HTH.

Jan 2, 2019 at 8:55 AM Post #11,629 of 18,801
I'm one of these credulous naive second hard buyers :)
Fingers crossed for you - you have the opportunity to give your Poly the love and attention that she needs. :wink:
Yes there will be an initial learning curve, as you discover how best to use the Poly for your needs, but there are many Poly owners like @ZappaMan , who are happy to help with advice for genuine requests for help.
Plus there is always the Chord support desk, if this thread cannot help. :slight_smile:

Jan 2, 2019 at 10:05 AM Post #11,630 of 18,801
There are two “hotspot” features with Poly. When Poly is in “hotspot” mode via its slider, then Poly is acting as the Eifi Server and you phone can connect to it (Poly), but Poly will not connect to anything else. If you want to use your Phone as the hotspot (mode two), then Poly’s slider is off and Roon mode is also offf. Then you can connect to your phone. HTH.

Hey, this worked! Thank you kindly.

I guess I'm still confused by the difference between the Poly 'hotspot' mode in the GoFigure application and having hotspot turned on my phone. The manual is short and sweet, but it clearly hasn't quite cleared up my confusions. I need to spend some more time with this and acquaint myself with my connection options.

What I didn't expect was to have volume control via the iPhone. What I immediately noticed is that if the iPhone volume is low (1-2 clicks) and the mojo is cranked up to a good listening volume, I get a massive amount of noise. This isn't an issue if I have the iPhone at >50% and correct with the Mojo, but it suggests to me that this still might still not be the best way to get a clean signal. I need to get that SD card working.

Fingers crossed for you - you have the opportunity to give your Poly the love and attention that she needs. :wink:
Yes there will be an initial learning curve, as you discover how best to use the Poly for your needs, but there are many Poly owners like @ZappaMan , who are happy to help with advice for genuine requests for help.
Plus there is always the Chord support desk, if this thread cannot help. :slight_smile:

Thank you for the warm welcome. I'm dedicated to making this solution delay my purchase of a Hugo 2 for a couple years, so you will see me around.

With regards to being a credulous naive second-hand buyer:

I can immediate tell that the Mojo/Poly sounds better than the Mojo ever did for me connected via USB to either my PC or Apple products. The background is blacker, it's more dynamic, I'm tapping my foot more.

Edit: I gave up on 8Player. Glider was so much easier to get up and running. The SD card sounds amazing. I'm going to have a nice weekend.

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2019 at 10:35 AM Post #11,631 of 18,801

I guess I'm still confused by the difference between the Poly 'hotspot' mode in the GoFigure application and having hotspot turned on my phone. The manual is short and sweet, but it clearly hasn't quite cleared up my confusions. I need to spend some more time with this and acquaint myself with my connection options.

What I didn't expect was to have volume control via the iPhone. What I immediately noticed is that if the iPhone volume is low (1-2 clicks) and the mojo is cranked up to a good listening volume, I get a massive amount of noise. This isn't an issue if I have the iPhone at >50% and correct with the Mojo, but it suggests to me that this still might still not be the best way to get a clean signal. I need to get that SD card working.

Thank you for the warm welcome. I'm dedicated to making this solution delay my purchase of a Hugo 2 for a couple years, so you will see me around.

I've watched several YouTube "set up" videos and scanned many pages on this thread but still have a couple quick questions:

*Is there a quick guide indexing an SD card so that I can read the contents on 8Player? I've formatted as ExFat and put my flac files on it. 8Players can see the Poly but when I browse, there are no contents.
*Similarly, the GoFigure application has a button "Launch Quickplay". Pressing this results in a popup that says "no playlists found. The card may still be indexing." When I go in the settings and refresh the DLNA Databse, the status will say "indexing" and then terminate saying "Idle". I'm assuming this means the indexing was finished successfully. How do I generate playlists here?

I can immediate tell that the Mojo/Poly sounds better than the Mojo ever did for me connected via USB to either my PC or Apple products. The background is blacker, it's more dynamic, I'm tapping my foot more, and I look forward to getting my SD card working.

Cheers and Happy New Year to everybody.

Welcome and Happy New Year! Here are 4 use cases that work well now (especially since you are on iOS) and how to configure Poly for them:

1) Roon mode, if you use it. Poly hotspot should be off and Roon mode selected. Set up Poly as an output in Roon.
2) DLNA (“Wi-Fi”) mode where Poly is connected to your network (like Roon mode), but Roon de-selected. Use an app like 8player, Tidal, or Glider to stream to Poly over the network.
3) When away from a Wi-Fi network, phone hotspot mode where you can connect Poly to your phone and use that internet connection to stream to a Poly or control th SD card (I find Glider works best for this, because it uses MPD rather than DLNA).
4) Poly hotspot mode, where th hotspot slider in GoFigure is selected, is best when on an airplane and you can’t use cell. Your phone in airplane mode will connect to Poly and stream or control th SD card using the apps mentioned above.

I don’t use Bluetooth and haven’t needed to ever put Poly in its airplane mode, so can’t help there but others will weigh in, I’m sure.

Good luck!

Jan 2, 2019 at 11:02 AM Post #11,632 of 18,801

I can immediate tell that the Mojo/Poly sounds better than the Mojo ever did for me connected via USB to either my PC or Apple products. The background is blacker, it's more dynamic, I'm tapping my foot more.

Edit: I gave up on 8Player. Glider was so much easier to get up and running. The SD card sounds amazing. I'm going to have a nice weekend.
It’s recommended (I think) that you supply the music volume on your phone at 100% and control the volume with mojo to take advantage of advanced digital volume control software within the mojo.
It also keeps the music bit perfect before it gets to mojo poly.

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2019 at 2:04 PM Post #11,633 of 18,801
I also sold my Chord Poly. I'm happy now that I'm finally rid of this non-functioning ****! The credulous naive second-hand buyer will probably soon be very frustrated ... But luckily that's not my problem!

Now I'm back to the roots ... Chord Mojo + Hidiz's AP60 dap as a transport. The sound quality of this combo is also much better than the Mojo-Poly. That's pretty clear. There are worlds in between! You can hear that immediately, you can believe me! You believe every mump, anyway, haha!

Happy New Year!

I’m reading your post and, it looks like you’re telling us that you just ripped somebody off and are happy / don’t care that you sold him something that doesn’t work.

Karma.

Jan 2, 2019 at 2:58 PM Post #11,635 of 18,801
Interesting observations, Amber7 Mike. Our language reveals us.

I was reading posts on the new very expensive Sony DAP.

A few posters expressed anger at the extreme pricing, as they cannot afford it.

A few posters' language indicated contempt for those who could not afford it.

Most just talked about the item, sales, expectations, etc.

Human nature is not boring.

Interesting review at https://audiophilestyle.com/ca/reviews/chord-electronics-poly-review-poly-come-home-r763/ of Poly. It's even handed.

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2019 at 3:18 PM Post #11,636 of 18,801
I’m reading your post and, it looks like you’re telling us that you just ripped somebody off and are happy / don’t care that you sold him something that doesn’t work.

Karma.

It's really nice indeed to have such a gentleman around us. His acts speak for himself.

Jan 2, 2019 at 4:47 PM Post #11,638 of 18,801
Interesting observations, Amber7 Mike. Our language reveals us.

I was reading posts on the new very expensive Sony DAP.

A few posters expressed anger at the extreme pricing, as they cannot afford it.

A few posters' language indicated contempt for those who could not afford it.

Most just talked about the item, sales, expectations, etc.

Human nature is not boring.

Interesting review at Computer Audio of Poly. It's even handed.

Where can we find the review... URL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back