Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Jan 6, 2019 at 3:10 PM Post #11,656 of 18,757
Unfortunately I was never able to use GoFigure app. There was always "no polys found" so I was using the wizard which opens up in your phone when you are connecting it with your Poly's wi-fi. Any idea how to make GoFigure app works?
Wanted to send this massage few hours before, but I've made some progress :). Somehow, finally my Poly is connected to my w-fi and I was able to play music located on my PC with foobar on my Poly. But after trying to change the song it didn't and right now it's not playing anything :). So while it is (probably) first time that my Poly is connected to wi-fi with internet regarding to Chord instruction I am waiting (maybe) for updating Poly's firmware and then we will see. So I can finally see Poly as a Server and Renderer in my PC's network, but still cannot connect it from GoFigure app. Weird things are going on here...
Well that’s some progress... I believe the Gofigure app utilized Bluetooth. Does the Bluetooth on your phone work?
Maybe just try these steps to update the poly? https://chordelectronics.co.uk/news/updating-poly-to-enable-gofigure-app-control/
Edit- just reread and see you are trying to update

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2019 at 3:13 PM Post #11,657 of 18,757
While I connected it for the first time to wi-fi it wasn't but I was trying many times to run GoFigure with Bluetooth connection established without a success.
I had a problem with 8player only playing one song and then stoping. It had something to do with poly as a renderer and as a server. If you have 2 polys show up in your foobar try both

Jan 6, 2019 at 3:14 PM Post #11,658 of 18,757
Well that’s some progress... I believe the Gofigure app utilized Bluetooth. Does the Bluetooth on your phone work?
Maybe just try these steps to update the poly? https://chordelectronics.co.uk/news/updating-poly-to-enable-gofigure-app-control/
Edit- just reread and see you are trying to update
Yep, bluetooth definitely is working (with other devices). Right now I am already doing these steps. So in ca 30 minutes I will know something more :). The weird think was that I finally played music from my PC to the Poly, but after changing the song it just crushes.

Jan 6, 2019 at 4:19 PM Post #11,659 of 18,757
I had a problem with 8player only playing one song and then stoping. It had something to do with poly as a renderer and as a server. If you have 2 polys show up in your foobar try both
Answering your questions... After updating (or trying) the firmware I saw for the first time that my Poly's p.status light flashes quick-threecolour light and after some time it has changed to constant green (as i remember). I still can't connect my Poly with GoFigure. Hahahaha. And just after I wrote this my phone has connect Poly with GoFigure...So I have 1.0.26 version of firmware. Do I have to change something in GoFigure (while it is still working)? :) And in foobar I have only "renderer" output while in upnp servers I have "server" in the list of upnp servers.

Jan 6, 2019 at 4:20 PM Post #11,660 of 18,757
Answering your questions... After updating (or trying) the firmware I saw for the first time that my Poly's p.status light flashes quick-threecolour light and after some time it has changed to constant green (as i remember). I still can't connect my Poly with GoFigure. Hahahaha. And just after I wrote this my phone has connect Poly with GoFigure...So I have 1.0.26 version of firmware. Do I have to change something in GoFigure (while it is still working)? :) And in foobar I have only "renderer" output while in upnp servers I have "server" in the list of upnp servers.
You shouldn’t need to do anything. Just try foobar again

Jan 6, 2019 at 6:14 PM Post #11,662 of 18,757
So - right now I don't have problems to run GoFigure, but still have problems with playing the music. From time to time it plays one song for like 20-30 seconds and then stops.
Wow okay, I have just discovered that you don’t need to be running a music server at all to be able to put your foobar output to the Poly. Try turning off your phone bubbleapp and even stop the foobar UPnP server. Just keep Poly selected as output device.
I am wondering if settings in one of the other apps is interfering.
Edit. I should have realized sooner since the poly shows up as a server on its own...

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2019 at 11:58 PM Post #11,663 of 18,757
I have had a Mojo for three years and was considering adding a Poly. This thread has put me off. Will reconsider if things improve.
I was in a similar position. I held off for about 18 month to jump on board. The one thing I can say is you will read of problems people experience but not as many will post about zero or very few problems.

I got t try a Poly with my own Mojo at CanJam London 2018, loading M.A.L.P for the 1st time and with the help of the team got Mojo/Poly working eventually (this was pre GoFigure and with poor WiFi at a venue 2 levels below ground)
I had problems pre GoFigure but in my case it was due to my Mojo needing the USB connector replacing. I am an Android user so my usage is M.A.L.P, BubbleUPNP and Roon.
My preference is M.A.L.P as I am able to use just as effectively in the home as on a commute, with the other two being too temperamental for my liking (due to the apps in my case and not Mojo/Poly) and only on my home network.
(Hoping I am not about to tempt fate) but I am, at the time of writing, a Happy user, but would like to have better Tidal integration when out off the house as currently I am only able to access Tidal via BubbleUPNP or Roon which both again only work for me at home.

Jan 7, 2019 at 12:22 AM Post #11,664 of 18,757
I have a few questions about the Poly:

Has Chord announced any future plans to support additional Bluetooth protocols like AAC or aptX? Or is Chord’s philosophy to focus support on WiFi?

When traveling and connecting the Poly to an IPhone’s personal hotspot, what’s the impact on battery (as compared to a bluetooth DAC/Amp)?

When using the Poly/Mojo combination, does it still drop the first few seconds of a song when changing tracks as the Mojo does?

I own many DAC/Amps, and use the Radsone ES100 and Fiio BTR3 for bluetooth capabilities; it’s surprising the convenience of separating the DAC/Amp from my iPhone when out & about. I’ve been thinking of upgrading though, either buying a Poly or an iFi xDSD (or something similar). Chord’s choice to focus on WiFi seems counterintuitive at first, though may provide some benefits. But if spending $750 for the Poly (along with the cost I’ve already invested in the Mojo), I want to make sure it’s a practical solution, whereas the $400 Ifi xDSD would be easy to use (though maybe with a small decrease in quality compared to the Mojo).

Thanks!

Getting Mojo/Poly to work with the iPhone from all reports should be not too difficult but as always depends on your usage, I have not experienced any drops of the 1st few seconds of any songs when changing tracks with Mojo/Poly but unfortunately I am unable to answer the question regarding battery impact as I am an Android user.

I too have considered the xDSD but have purchased, not too long ago, the iFI iDSD BL, primarily for MQA playback, could not justify the purchase (I hear you all saying "When has that ever mattered")

Jan 7, 2019 at 8:29 AM Post #11,665 of 18,757
@Mark786

The Poly was to little to add the aptx chips in it. Hugo2 is Aptx.
Maybe the 2go will be AptxHD.

About Chord's philosophy and Wifi:
Poly in B.L.E. with Gofigure , is the best way to start a playlist and to spare battery.
But bluetooth low emission has low data rate.

The power of Poly is : a lot of usable way.
Each with its own interest and limit.
A user who understand this is glad when the right configuration is done and for some, it takes times.... to learn. This week foobar2000 is on the table.

For me Chord focus on 44.1khz 16 bits: MQA and bluetooth Aptx HD are not the same level. Bluetooth is a subordonate feature.
The best Chord Dac needs a mscaler to acheive the accurracy at 16.5 bits.
Maybe the Mojo with scaler is just near 16 bits.
The sound with Poly is near the top and far better than a lot of sources that i have used, exepted my bryston bdp3 used with ferrites. My bluesound node2 with optical is not as good.
When i will have a 2go with my Hugo2, i will keep the MojoPoly. It is so easy with my moto.

Jan 7, 2019 at 10:34 AM Post #11,666 of 18,757
Hi all, new Mojo/ Poly owner here. I am having an annoying issue with poly and playing back my SACD files using MPD on android. I use the MALP app for playing back and no matter what I do I cannot get the SACD files to show any tags or artwork when playing. I've checked the SACD files and they contain ID3 tags with artwork, I also have 'folder.jpg' of each artwork in the folder with each SACD album and this still doesn't work :frowning2:

Sorry if this had been answered before but I can't find this fix anywhere online. Annoyingly all my Flac files with ID3 tags get read correctly. Any help would be very appreciated :)
Matt

Jan 7, 2019 at 10:38 AM Post #11,667 of 18,757
Hi all, new Mojo/ Poly owner here. I am having an annoying issue with poly and playing back my SACD files using MPD on android. I use the MALP app for playing back and no matter what I do I cannot get the SACD files to show any tags or artwork when playing. I've checked the SACD files and they contain ID3 tags with artwork, I also have 'folder.jpg' of each artwork in the folder with each SACD album and this still doesn't work :frowning2:

Sorry if this had been answered before but I can't find this fix anywhere online. Annoyingly all my Flac files with ID3 tags get read correctly. Any help would be very appreciated :)
Matt

I’m not an Android user, but I believe MPD will not transmit artwork. Glider for iOS makes it work by using MPD to play and DLNA to get the artwork.

Jan 7, 2019 at 11:33 AM Post #11,668 of 18,757
Wow okay, I have just discovered that you don’t need to be running a music server at all to be able to put your foobar output to the Poly. Try turning off your phone bubbleapp and even stop the foobar UPnP server. Just keep Poly selected as output device.
I am wondering if settings in one of the other apps is interfering.
Edit. I should have realized sooner since the poly shows up as a server on its own...
Yeah - you're right. There is no need to set up bubbleupnp server and upnp sever in foobar - I have downloaded them. So i leave only foobar's upnp mediarenderer component and still have the same problem. After interrupting Poly's from playing music (changing song, or changing the playback position) music just stops and I have to restart the Poly/Mojo. Thank's for your patience :D

I've got another a question to forum's community. Do your music players for your phones have equalizers, or do you use different equalizer software (both IOS and Android)? Or you just enjoy music out of the Mojo? No equalized music from Mojo is not exactly what I want :).

Jan 7, 2019 at 11:55 AM Post #11,669 of 18,757

Matt
It's a known Poly bug in Chord's current implementation of MPD - you can access SACD / MP3 files through file browsing (using e.g. M.A.L.P on Android) but it won't read their ID3 tags to catalogue them to its library (unlike the onboard DLNA server). As you've noticed it reads and catalogues FLACs correctly, though it won't currently parse embedded artwork (M.A.L.P can get around this and scrape online artwork if your files are properly tagged).
I first reported this bug to Chord back in March last year and have repeatedly brought it up here as I see it as a significant problem with its core functionality. All I've had in response is that the problem is duly noted, but fixing it isn't a high priority :frowning2:

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2019 at 12:01 PM Post #11,670 of 18,757
Hi @Gr8h8m. I will give news of an update that we have been working on but not until after Christmas now as we still have more testing to complete. As I'm sure you can appreciate it is a really busy time of year for us and we have a lot to get done before the Christmas shutdown.
Hi @Matt Bartlett - Happy New Year! Hope you had a good Christmas? Any news for us?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back